What's new

Should I Try Bloodborne 2019? Give me your reviews please

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Since my taste towards the style of things are changing, i've recently been feeling so interested in trying this game out. It has pretty much all that gothic stuff that I currently have been loving and belonging to. I'm just not sure whether I should buy it or not though. Does it have a lot of replayability, should I also consider buying all the DLC for that game?

Lemme know down below
Kindest regards
Thanks

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Since my taste towards the style of things are changing, i've recently been feeling so interested in trying this game out. It has pretty much all that gothic stuff that I currently have been loving and belonging to. I'm just not sure whether I should buy it or not though. Does it have a lot of replayability, should I also consider buying all the DLC for that game?

Lemme know down below
Kindest regards
Thanks
Super short review. Game of the Year edition has all the DLC, so no extra purchases. This game is super fucking hard until you learn it, and is really hard even then, but unbelievably rewarding. Replayability is massive, with multiple endings and a literal ton of story and lore to discover. I HIGHLY recommend you play it, as long as you enjoy difficulty.

Snoop88

Noob
I started playin it when it was available on PS+. One of the best games I've ever played. One of those games you will either not like or you will get totally obssessed with. And I did... Great mechanics, great atmosphere, great everything, a true masterpiece!

Maybe not everyone will like the heavy atmosphere, climate this game has. Many times I was asking myself "Why am I still playing it if it is so scary/dark/brutal etc". It was really heavy and the sound effects made it even more scarier This game is addictive just like other Soul games, I wish could finish other FS games but unfortunately I don't have enough time. I know that they would suck me in.

If you have plenty of time and looking for some challenging but rewarding experience with horrific atmoshpere you should definitely give it a try.

Might-Taro 19

I started playin it when it was available on PS+. One of the best games I've ever played. One of those games you will either not like or you will get totally obssessed with. And I did... Great mechanics, great atmosphere, great everything, a true masterpiece!

Maybe not everyone will like the heavy atmosphere, climate this game has. Many times I was asking myself "Why am I still playing it if it is so scary/dark/brutal etc". It was really heavy and the sound effects made it even more scarier This game is addictive just like other Soul games, I wish could finish other FS games but unfortunately I don't have enough time. I know that they would suck me in.

If you have plenty of time and looking for some challenging but rewarding experience with horrific atmoshpere you should definitely give it a try.
Isn't every game challenging? even mortal kombat 11 takes a lot of time and dedication to get better at. So what i'll say is more than likely I will buy the game but if not i'll stick with the journey of darkness in Mortal Kombat 11. Noob, Spawn, Joker, and maybe the lovely goddess sindel lol..

From your response btw, this game definitely sounds like something I would be looking forward to. It's just the difficulty and challenges is what kind of rips me off but like others said the rewards and progression is all worth the effort.

I went from being disappointed to loving it. Never played a Souls game, so it wasn’t that I didn’t like the changes from DS, but I was sold on the idea that success was built on mastering the game’s patterns and only that, and didn’t appreciate that it was designed with levelling up in mind. After giving up half way through on my first run, I sold the game, only to download it when it was a PS+ title during a period where I wanted an RPG to escape into. Being prepared for a degree of grinding, I found a new appreciation for the game, and went on to play and enjoy other Souls games afterwards.

Great world design, interesting story and lore, beautiful to look at in a grimdark kind of way, simple gameplay with enough depth to keep it interesting, but I found Chalice Dungeons can get repetitive and boring after a while.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Game is pretty good, my biggest gripe with it was that I felt character progression was too slow and variety isn't all that great. I also felt that the game was ridiculously more difficult than the souls game but learned that I was underlevel'd most of the playthrough and forced my way through the harder areas first without having any idea that I was.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I mostly play competitive games like fighters and shooters. I've tried a couple of single player games like the witch hunter, skyrim, the last of us etc. and dropped them within a few days.

Bloodborne I loved so much I got a platinum trophy for it.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I mostly play competitive games like fighters and shooters. I've tried a couple of single player games like the witch hunter, skyrim, the last of us etc. and dropped them within a few days.

Bloodborne I loved so much I got a platinum trophy for it.
That's because Bloodborne doesn't stop kicking your ass until you kick it's. Much like competitive fighters.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
(EDIT: Just recognised the figure in your avatar so I guess you're probably not a total newcomer to this kind of game like I assumed lol, but whatevs)

I thought I'd have no interest in Bloodborne. Didn't like RPGs, didn't like super challenging games, just basically ignored it for a while. When I eventually tried it, it took me a while to even realise I liked it but it's now my favourite game of all time. And the exact same thing happened to @Alien Substance.

I'd write out a big ass post about why it's so good and/or why you should play it, but it's late so I'll just say give it a try, and make sure you go in having already accepted that you're going to die a million times, and death is just part of the game. If I hadn't already gone in prepared to take every death as a learning experience I'm not sure how far I would've gotten.

The difficulty can feel completely overwhelming at first, but if you just stay persistent you'll inevitably get through it. Things you found super challenging early on won't mean shit to you after more experience. This one early game boss used to drive me up the wall, gave me insane trouble, now I can beat it in one try every time (because of this, NG+ is usually significantly easier/quicker for most people). A lot of the difficulty is just about repetition - enemy attacks are often very slow and telegraphed because you're supposed to start to recognise patterns and grow accustomed to the hostile environment around you over time. If enemies in Souls games actually had good AI they'd be impossible to beat.

And even if you're still having difficulty after a long time, there are co-op/AI partners to help you out, which are totally fine to use for your first playthrough no matter what some people might say. Just try and use them sparingly if you have to at all, because the high you get after beating a boss that's been smashing you for like an hour in these games is unreal.

There is replay value as you can try out different character builds, weapons and whatnot, although Dark Souls has more of that as BB is a little more streamlined. There's also various different endings, although the lore/story might be lost on you unless you really make an effort to understand it. I don't usually care about this kind of stuff but it ended up being completely fascinating to me once I actually started to take notice.

Some of the best/most infamous bosses are in the DLC, and in general it actually adds a significant amount of high-quality content (probably at least an extra 9 hours?) unlike most expansions for other games, so yeah, get that.

Huh, guess I did type out a big ass post.

Last edited:

Snoop88

Noob
Isn't every game challenging? even mortal kombat 11 takes a lot of time and dedication to get better at. So what i'll say is more than likely I will buy the game but if not i'll stick with the journey of darkness in Mortal Kombat 11. Noob, Spawn, Joker, and maybe the lovely goddess sindel lol..

From your response btw, this game definitely sounds like something I would be looking forward to. It's just the difficulty and challenges is what kind of rips me off but like others said the rewards and progression is all worth the effort.
Yes, we can say that every game is in some way challenging... but when it comes to Soul games... it's a 'little' bit different type of challange. ;) You will see it just give it a try. I felt totally in love with Bloodborne the moment I met the first boss. That desgin, background music etc. ... that was amazing! Wish there will be another game which will give me such an exeprience like Bloodborne.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Of the main "souls" games, Bloodborne is the only one I halfway like. Has no shield so doesn't let you just sit and tank forever with zero consequences.

That said for me, I much prefer the gameplay of Nioh, much faster pace more like a traditional action game, but then again that's not what most people who play those kinda games are lookin for.

I've been a huge fan of all souls games and i've had a lot of experience with them, starting with demon souls.

I gotta say, bloodborne is awesome, no matter if you're an average gamer or a hardcore souls games master.

Souls games are generally considered very difficult by average gamers. So if you never played souls games - it will be a perfect starting point for you, as it is one of the easiest in my opinion, but still provides a great challenge.

And yes, buy the DLC's, but don't play them until you finish the main game, or you will be slaughtered.

It's one of the best games ever, one of the best (if not THE best PS4 exclusives), GET YO ASS IN THE STORE AND GET IT ASAP.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
As someone who despises all “Souls” games...

Bloodborne is one of the best games I’ve played this gen. Everything about it is carefully crafted and detailed and the mechanics, while simplistic in nature, require dedication to master — and this game will not in any way, shape, or form hold your hand.

I’ve played through it three times. Each time with a different build and ending. There’s a lot of replayability on top of an already decent sized game. DLC is definitely worth it, but something you’ll want to explore either after or right before finishing the main game. Some parts are... unforgiving.

Not sure if PVP is still a thing, but it was a lot of fun too. Especially when you enjoy fighting games.

Might-Taro 19

Bloodborne it is then guys, I bought it including the dlc. I probably won't be playing Mk11 until I've spent enough time with this game. It's kind of sad because i've payed 60 dollars and thought I would be pursuing Mk11 for like 4-5 years. As for the DLC, man it's just characters so it's not really a loss for me. Characters compared to getting a whole complete game is pretty useless in my opinion. 10$ left in my psn wallet, was 50$ money flies like a blink of an eye..

Snoop88

Noob
Bloodborne it is then guys, I bought it including the dlc. I probably won't be playing Mk11 until I've spent enough time with this game. It's kind of sad because i've payed 60 dollars and thought I would be pursuing Mk11 for like 4-5 years. As for the DLC, man it's just characters so it's not really a loss for me. Characters compared to getting a whole complete game is pretty useless in my opinion. 10$ left in my psn wallet, was 50$ money flies like a blink of an eye..
Don't worry. Money come and goes. I think that you will be satisfied with the outcome.

Might-Taro 19

Don't worry. Money come and goes. I think that you will be satisfied with the outcome.
Considering that i've felt hollow dying multiple times in the second stage, ended up deleting bloodborne and reinstalling it again lol.. but what I can definitely say is i'm getting better regardless. I've made it through farther than ever before every few times I die. What makes it even more dreadful is losing all of your blood echos and having to regain them all back again.

Methysan

Noob
I'm not a huge Soulsborne fan but I much preferred Dark Souls 3. Bloodborne is 30 FPS and feels very sluggish. Maybe PS4 Pro bumps it to 60 or something, not sure.