What's new

Should I get the Kombat Pack, or get all the DLC separately?

The Kombat Pack is $40, which is very steep, and as much as the game itself currently. It seems each of the 6 characters will be $6? That would add up to $36. I'm assuming the rest goes towards skins and everything. The only real incentive I see in getting the Kombat Pack is getting all the characters a week early from release, but I don't really mind waiting an extra week.

What's a better option for someone who is hesitant in spending all the $40 at once (after all, I still have other games and stuff to buy)? Maybe some more knowledgeable can help me on this.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Your question is circumstantial and depends on you.

-Are you highly competitive, plan on playing in offline and online tournaments? Do you need all the characters to grind labbing all characters to the fullest against their options? If so get the pack or you may be at a disadvantage.

-Are you online Ranked or Vs casual? Do you learn MUs but not really grind the lab against all the options all characters? Is waiting a week or not having characters you know you'll never play fine for you? If so just buy the ones you want.

It's all up to you and your situation. Don't force it unless you need it (i.e. most competitive players) or you have interest in messing around with all of them.

Your question is circumstantial and depends on you.

-Are you highly competitive, plan on playing in offline and online tournaments? Do you need all the characters to grind labbing all characters to the fullest against their options? If so get the pack or you may be at a disadvantage.

-Are you online Ranked or Vs casual? Do you learn MUs but not really grind the lab against all the options all characters? Is waiting a week or not having characters you know you'll never play fine for you? If so just buy the ones you want.

It's all up to you and your situation. Don't force it unless you need it (i.e. most competitive players) or you have interest in messing around with all of them.
I'm a casual player, and want all the characters. The thing I'm really wondering is how much of a discount the Kombat Pack is. I mean, I would probably rather get all the DLC separately, particularly if the Kombat Pack would only save me a few dollars.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I'm a casual player, and want all the characters. The thing I'm really wondering is how much of a discount the Kombat Pack is. I mean, I would probably rather get all the DLC separately, particularly if the Kombat Pack would only save me a few dollars.
I’d say buy the Kombat Pack:

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Kombat pass if you think you are going to be playing for awhile. The only reason I could see somebody not buying the pass is if you are against the idea of guest characters. It would be cheaper to buy the 3 mk characters

DDustiNN

Also sent you a message. I have an extra Kombat Pack :D

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
If what you want is only the characters it'll probably be better to buy them separate. The Kombat Pack costs 40 bucks because it comes with a bunch of skins and the characters 1 week earlier.

DDustiNN

Thank you. So, how did you manage to get an extra one anyway?
I pre-ordered the Premium Edition on PSN. Then I was lucky enough to come across a Kollectors Edition on launch day, unexpectedly, and I took it... lol. So that code remains unused.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
If what you want is only the characters it'll probably be better to buy them separate. The Kombat Pack costs 40 bucks because it comes with a bunch of skins and the characters 1 week earlier.
If your going buy all the character
if you want them all then get pack . If you only care about like spawn and sindel and ash for example buy it one by one . 18 bucks vs 40 bucks + plus skins like classic Kitanas scarlets and jade next charcter that gets released

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I caved and bought the pack at the very last second before Shang Tsung released. I'll end up buying these characters anyway, so may as well enjoy the week early access.