What's new

Question Should I be practicing Combos with "Offline input delay" Enabled or Disabled?

Should you practice combos with "Offline input delay" Enabled or Disabled?

• Enabled

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Disabled

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Kombat Pack 3 Dammit !!

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
I currently main Mystic Ermac and I've been practicing with Offline input delay enabled since the launch of MKXL with mild -/- moderate success.

My issue is, at times, the delay is slightly more noticeable with combos that are more execution heavy and/or have stricter timing. This in turn is making it more difficult to nail my harder combos consistently in practice.

Now, I'm aware that the only reason to practice with offline input delay enabled is to help yourself adapt to the the input delay that's online.

But I'm curious if it would be best to practice with offline input delay disabled first in order to help build execution consistency. Then turn it back on once I'm able to do my combos solely based on muscle memory.

I'm hoping someone with more skill -/- experience can shed some light on this issue for me and lead me to the right direction.

I'd also like to know what everyone else prefers and their opinions on the matter. Thanks.

With mystic if you want to land those teleport into b12 combos online, you probably want the delay.
I can totally understand why. I would be lying if I said the combo was easy. I'm unsure of the exact data. But I think Teleport into b1,2 is either a 1 or 2 frame link. Very hard to connect. Even harder with input delay.

I've been practicing this combo on/off for 3 months with only a 50% success rate. This is with offline input delay enabled.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
If you play online use it. If you are practicing for an offline event dont use it.
It just adds some lag to match up with onlone lag. So if you use it you will have to start the combo earlier.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I can totally understand why. I would be lying if I said the combo was easy. I'm unsure of the exact data. But I think Teleport into b1,2 is either a 1 or 2 frame link. Very hard to connect. Even harder with input delay.

I've been practicing this combo on/off for 3 months with only a 50% success rate. This is with offline input delay enabled.
Yep, it just takes some grinding. I don't even get it too consistently yet.

Yep, it just takes some grinding. I don't even get it too consistently yet.
I guess so. I'll admit that I need to practice more in general. It just feels like I'm hitting an invisible wall that shouldn't be there when it comes to execution.

How long have you been practicing the teleport into b1,2 string?

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I guess so. I'll admit that I need to practice more in general. It just feels like I'm hitting an invisible wall that shouldn't be there when it comes to execution.

How long have you been practicing the teleport into b1,2 string?
Kind of on and off since mkxl came out and he gained the ability to do it. I don't grind ermac every day since he's not my main, but someone with dedication to him will get it down eventually.

I recommend practicing your more difficult/execution-heavy combos with the offline input delay disabled so you can use visual cues as the foundation for your muscle memory. Once you are able to nail the combos consistently with your visual cues, try to muscle-memorize it and then enable the input delay to solidify it.

I recommend practicing your more difficult/execution-heavy combos with the offline input delay disabled so you can use visual cues as the foundation for your muscle memory. Once you are able to nail the combos consistently with your visual cues, try to muscle-memorize it and then enable the input delay to solidify it.
This is what I was thinking. Might as well give a shot at this point. Nothing to really loose. Thanks.