What's new

Should corner interactable jump outs have invincibility frames

Wigy

There it is...
Interactable jump outs have invincibility frames on startup, i imagine to give characters with poor armour, a method of getting out of the corner.

For me this is very stupid, as you can do a interactable jump kick which is near impossible to punish -not sure but it seems plus on block with pushback.

If you're going to get out the corner, with space it should cost you a bar IMO, i think its incredibly stupid you have a hard as shit to avoid, and impossible to punish get out jail free card all for half a bar of stamina.

I've never seen this discussed and always thought it was a retarded feature. I choose the top left map (cant remember what its called) specifically for GM because you have a more or less totally free way out of the clone as you use invinciblity frames past the b2 over the clone and you're free.

It gets even more stupid with characters with annoying jump ins like kotal. Off an interactable he basically turns into a flying pigeon torpedo.

Bo rai chos and johnny cage's game is very very corner oriented, and its so frustrating spending half the game getting them into the corner for them to get out for free more or less.

Before anyone blows me up i know theres ways to combat it, but its a stupid meta, where i'm think will they block high/low wakeup, delayed wakeup, wakeup grab, jump straight out, poke, backdash my meaty, njp etc and then to add to this, if they jump just about an inch of the ground they can cancel into an invincible jump out or invincible jk.
I read the jump out, go for njp or s1 and get beat by jk.

Hell it gets worse with air specials takeda can cancel into his ball or a whiffed teleport, lao can divekick/teleport.

TL/DR

Regular jump interactable should not have invincibility frames and you should not be able to cancel a special out of it.

Not even sure why you'd spend a bar on the jump out. Why have armour when you're invincible.

Wigy

There it is...
Listen to this advice

Jump in Wait then NJP so many way to deal with it
That only works if you're spaced far back.

And even if you're close you get wonky inconsistencies where they end up behind you and your njp is facing the wrong way. Otherwise you can also get beat out the interactable jk

That only works if you're spaced far back.

And even if you're close you get wonky inconsistencies where they end up behind you and your njp is facing the wrong way. Otherwise you can also get beat out the interactable jk
Never happened to me most often than not If the NJP whiff it mean u ve mistimed it another good way to stop the use of meterless interactable is a good old meaty

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Let me get this straight, aren't you one of the guys that complained about SZ and how broken his corner was and NOW you don't like that you have a strong option to get out of the corner on certain stages.
Can't you people make up your minds what it is exactly you hate at this point.

Wigy

There it is...
Let me get this straight, aren't you one of the guys that complained about SZ and how broken his corner was and NOW you don't like that you have a strong option to get out of the corner on certain stages.
Can't you people make up your minds what it is exactly you hate at this point.
GM sub is incredibly stupid in a lot of matchups. Just because this one specific example is against doesnt invalidate this?

Wigy

There it is...
Never happened to me most often than not If the NJP whiff it mean u ve mistimed it another good way to stop the use of meterless interactable is a good old meaty
But my main point is, if you're baiting a wakeup, you generally have to stand block against most characters, allowing them to jump and cancel into interact able divekick, which is very hard to antiair properly on reaction and is spacing dependent.

You cant react between the jump out and jump out divekick when commiting to your njp.

You need just a few frames to jump and then you're instantly invincible. This shit should cost a bar.

Last edited:

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
In a very corner heavy game I personally welcome any options I have to get out of said corner... and this is coming from a GM SZ player.
We all know how boring it is to watch someone get put in the corner and stay there cuz they have no way out, nothing puts a hype crowd to sleep faster than entire rounds spent in the corner.
This is why we have stage select, you don't want your opponent to get out of the corner using interactables then simply pick a stage without them and let the coin flip decide the rest.

In a very corner heavy game I personally welcome any options I have to get out of said corner... and this is coming from a GM SZ player.
We all know how boring it is to watch someone get put in the corner and stay there cuz they have no way out, nothing puts a hype crowd to sleep faster than entire rounds spent in the corner.
This is why we have stage select, you don't want your opponent to get out of the corner using interactables then simply pick a stage without them and let the coin flip decide the rest.
Quite the opposite in my opinion. I find it very hype and it actually takes skill to be able to trap your opponent in the corner a whole round.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I find it very hype and it actually takes skill to be able to trap your opponent in the corner a whole round.
With all the corner carry combos ? You high man ? :)

A lot of characters are very strong in the corner, and You dont have to have science degree to learn how to push buttons there and win a round since opponent is left with very few defensive options + he has to deal with massive damage and possible reset situation.

Personally, i'd rather go back n forth playing footsie in a mid screen and win against my oppoenent then f0ck him up in the corner. Those options are to me.

Last edited:
With all the corner carry combos ? You high man ? :)
There's a lot of options to get out of corner. It takes good reads/meaties/armourbreaking setups to keep your opponent trapped. Execution may be easy but it has to be on point if you want to keep the positioning and set ups.

Not all corner combos are easy as well, Mileenas take practice with the uppercut, Jaqui's stanky leg. Those 2 off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
There's a lot of options to get out of corner. It takes good reads/meaties/armourbreaking setups to keep your opponent trapped. Execution may be easy but it has to be on point if you want to keep the positioning and set ups.

Not all corner combos are easy as well, Mileenas take practice with the uppercut, Jaqui's stanky leg. Those 2 off the top of my head.

No, there isnt many. While some characters have multiple GTO options, some dont. Maybe if NRS improves the changes they made, those options could be an addition - for a bar. But in current state of the I think this universal option is good because offense is still very strong.

It dose not take as much as you make it sounds. Come on man, lets fool our selfs here. You a do 37%-50% corner and the guy has think what You gonna do next, if you block his wakeup he may live or die after next combo.

Is this really what people want, two combos, and A corner rape ? for how will will this be entertaining ?

No, there isnt many. While some characters have multiple GTO options, some dont. Maybe if NRS improves the changes they made, those options could be an addition - for a bar. But in current state of the I think this universal option is good because offense is still very strong.

It dose not take as much as you make it sounds. Come on man, lets fool our selfs here. You a do 37%-50% corner and the guy has think what You gonna do next, if you block his wakeup he may live or die after next combo.

Is this really what people want, two combos, and A corner rape ? for how will will this be entertaining ?
Don't act like this is strictly MKX. Every fighting game, if you get backed up into the corner you're going to pay. It's not an automatic loss if you get thrown in the corner. Your opponent has to play it right to keep you there, they make one mistake and you can turn the tables completely on them. It's a mind game for both players when in the corner. I believe it takes a level of skill to keep your opponent trapped in the corner. In the game of MKX you even have armour to help you out.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
My issue is that its meterless.

I think corner interactables are a good feature. They should just cost a bar for armour

Wigy

There it is...
I play Takeda and Sub s jump punch beat Takeda s NJP and I doubt Jonny s would work too tbh
Johnny's njp is arguably one of the best air to air NJP's in the game.

Not to mention their clone has to be waaaaay up in your face for an uppercut to get you frozen.

Go test it. Jc's njp starts up in like 6 frames and has insane priority.
It s 8f I can t test it can t get a clone after f12 and I don t want to bother learning about GM anyway I see no scenario where the interactable are a big problem tbh