What's new

Should Batman have a teleport move?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
O it's another buff my already broken character threads
this is so dumb. He isn't asking for buffs, he's asking for a move that he likes aesthetically to be included somehow. The only person whining about balance here is you, by calling him broken, in a game that hasn't even been released yet.

I mean NRS already gave you a gear system what more do you want?
read: original post. Clearly written. Seems almost tailor made for gear as well. Not sure what your problem is but it's a little early to be having batman trauma

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Why wouldn't you want a teleport move for him?
If you want him to have a cool teleport move, that's fine. I'd just want that move to be assigned to gear and banned from tournament and ranked play.

In fighting games that are played on a competitive level, developers have to sacrifice some cool powers and abilities that will make a small number of the cast much better than the others. If you don't, less characters are played competitively, which means dissatisfaction among players and less variety among characters on stream. So ultimately, it leads to a game that isn't fun to watch OR play, for the majority of fighting game fans.

I never played IGAU seriously and the INJ2 BETA was closed so take what I say with a teaspoon of salt. But, as far as I know, Batman is a very strong character that doesn't need a teleport move. Those kinds of mobility tools can be overpowered, especially when the majority of the cast don't have the same options.

Again, Gear specific, non-competitive mode: have a blast and let him teleport around as you like. In a competitive mode I can see a very slow teleport, with bad recovery working alright, but it would be so bad that it wouldn't be used that much. So, it's best to just leave it out entirely.

this is so dumb. He isn't asking for buffs, he's asking for a move that he likes aesthetically to be included somehow. The only person whining about balance here is you, by calling him broken, in a game that hasn't even been released yet.

read: original post. Clearly written. Seems almost tailor made for gear as well. Not sure what your problem is but it's a little early to be having batman trauma
Plenty of people here agree with batman not having a teleport attack in competitive mode . So clearly I'm not the only one here that thinks this way.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Plenty of people here agree with batman not having a teleport attack in competitive mode . So clearly I'm not the only one here that thinks this way.
And where did the OP say it was for competitive mode? At no time did he say anything about Batman needing buffs, or that he wanted to make the character stronger, just that a teleport would be cool for the character. He even said himself it could be a piece of gear that swaps out something like straight grapple for a teleport, but I guess you couldn't read that far. Everyone, myself included, agrees that he shouldn't be given a free teleport and that was never in question, but anyone who agrees that this thread is "another buff my already broken character thread" (your exact words) is equally as much a shitter as you are. Take that shit elsewhere, the game isn't out yet, of the characters played Batman was considered near the bottom, and you are literally the only person whining about his balance in here. Just pure trash.

Last edited:

Rabbit

thugs bunny
what is people's obsession with teleports?

batman already has trait to get in, so why would he need a teleport move?

Emanuel

Noob
They could just make it a gear ability and let it replace his current trait. Imagine if he could throw the smoke pellet close, medium, far or on himself. If he walks into the smoke he'll disappear. Press trait again while in the smoke and he'll do a behind teleport attack, and d+trait does an overhead one. Inside the smoke he could still use any of his regular specials but not normals unless he steps out. In other words:

Yes.

/thread
Excellent idea! I was thinking the same thing but when he throws down the smoke the player is stunned like subzero freeze. He can teleport and then land on top of player.

Emanuel

Noob
what is people's obsession with teleports?

batman already has trait to get in, so why would he need a teleport move?
Not exactly a teleport but like a ninja escape move like he had in the 1st mk vs dc game. It would be a good gear option to have. Remember Ed Boon said players should have there own way of fighting.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Not exactly a teleport but like a ninja escape move like he had in the 1st mk vs dc game. It would be a good gear option to have. Remember Ed Boon said players should have there own way of fighting.
he has a parry and there's universal pushblock in the game so i'm not getting why he needs an escape move.

if you're speaking just about gear in non-competitive mode then i don't really know if it's a good idea or not until i see some of the options characters get from the gear.

And where did the OP say it was for competitive mode? At no time did he say anything about Batman needing buffs, or that he wanted to make the character stronger, just that a teleport would be cool for the character. He even said himself it could be a piece of gear that swaps out something like straight grapple for a teleport, but I guess you couldn't read that far. Everyone, myself included, agrees that he shouldn't be given a free teleport and that was never in question, but anyone who agrees that this thread is "another buff my already broken character thread" (your exact words) is equally as much a shitter as you are. Take that shit elsewhere, the game isn't out yet, of the characters played Batman was considered near the bottom, and you are literally the only person whining about his balance in here. Just pure trash.
I read his OP just fine He didn't say ether way it was others here that said keep it out of competitive mode which i agree. giving a character a move they didn't have before is a buff in some way no matter what the reason. Taking something out and exchanging it for something else doesn't automatically make it balanced. Batman doesn't need it. Batman plays the same as the first Injustice he still has his Jump in 2 50 50 cross ups that do massive damage ,safe pressure and a trait that lets him get in for FREE. What is balanced about him? Every character will have "dirt" , "Broken shit" and "dumb shit" NRS games are notorious for this. I'm just stating the obvious you're the one with the knee jerk reaction, If it stays in the GEAR mode than I DON'T CARE. O and LOL at Batman being bottom tier in a BETA.

Last edited:
Tele on Injustice 2 Batman sounds sounds cool fits batman but would give people ptsd i get where you are coming from though but please god no no no don'd give him a tele unless its like Jason's in mkx wait........ no don't do that either

With his current moveset he would be broken. He should have stealthy moves, I would replace his dumb trait with some move like smokes f2,1 where he throws a smoke bomb to the floor.

Emanuel

Noob
With his current moveset he would be broken. He should have stealthy moves, I would replace his dumb trait with some move like smokes f2,1 where he throws a smoke bomb to the floor.
The Flash has got special attention and looks really good. I hope they do that with all the popular characters. Give Batman a stealth move like smoke escape like his MKvs DC special move. Give batman a throwing move also. I would of gave him a throw move while placing a bat sticky on him while he is in air it blows up and can set up a juggle

His new throw kinda looks like a teleport with the smoke bomb and stuff .. So meh

I could see him getting some of batgirls moves from the first game as abilitys so you never know

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It could be cool to give him something like "smoke away", where he throws down a smoke bomb and flips backwards. Maybe even leave a lingering smoke cloud that stops runs, like ST's trait. It would be really good, but at least it would be purely defensive so as not to enhance his already-great pressure.

Emanuel

Noob
It could be cool to give him something like "smoke away", where he throws down a smoke bomb and flips backwards. Maybe even leave a lingering smoke cloud that stops runs, like ST's trait. It would be really good, but at least it would be purely defensive so as not to enhance his already-great pressure.
They have already mentioned giving new special moves when upgraded with gear so this would be a good option.
They did say play your way and chose your own look for your character.