What's new

Should armor option selects be in the game?

Goat-City

Banned
I disagree about jump kicks. jumping kicks are an alternative to stuff out aas since most dont combo and are - on block anyway. but jumping punches should get beat out by regular aas like d2s and standing pokes.

so basically jump punches gets aa on reaction.
jump kick beats aa as an alternative.
I thought about that, but jump kicks would still be useful then because they would beat non-d2 anti airs.

So jump kicks > anti airs like s1 that lead to combos
And d2s > everything but do not lead to combos.

Or they could make jump kicks unsafe on block. As long as they can't be anti aired without armor then jumping will remain OP because you have to respect their jump punches in fear of their jump kicks into oki pressure. My idea of balanced jumps is when they're primarily used on reads to counter premptive attacks, so if you read they're about to d3 you then you can crossover with no fear of getting anti aired if you read correctly. Otherwise d2s won't be useful as universal normals because jabs and pokes are just as fast or faster and work just as well.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I thought about that, but jump kicks would still be useful then because they would beat non-d2 anti airs.

So jump kicks > anti airs like s1 that lead to combos
And d2s > everything but do not lead to combos.

Or they could make jump kicks unsafe on block. As long as they can't be anti aired without armor then jumping will remain OP because you have to respect their jump punches in fear of their jump kicks into oki pressure. My idea of balanced jumps is when they're primarily used on reads to counter premptive attacks, so if you read they're about to d3 you then you can crossover with no fear of getting anti aired if you read correctly. Otherwise d2s won't be useful as universal normals because jabs and pokes are just as fast or faster and work just as well.
Jump kicks are usually-3 on block. And idk about the rest. They should add more recovery frames on landing attacks.