What's new

Tech - Shotgun Shotgun Guaranteed 50/50 vortex no meter

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Hello all,

I was playing around with shotgun in the lab and found this. Whether it is already known as common knowledge
I am not sure, but I haven't seen it mentioned on a thread so I though I'd write it up.

Shotgun has a guaranteed 50/50 setup that can not be escaped through dashing or armouring and is completely safe. It works by using her shotgun stun. Her low shotgun stuns (db2) stuns if at the right range and will always stun if ex'd. The opponent can be attacked following a stun to continue the combo. Using the stun twice in the same combo will not let you continue the combo but gives you enough advantage to run up and mix them up using your overhead (b2) or your low starter (b33) or a throw.

No meter reset combos:
121 bf2 db2 run 33 bf2 db2 run mixup [23%] (this is a good punishing combo as 1 is a 6 frame start up)
b33 bf2 db2 run 33 bf2 db2 run mixup [27%] (low starter, this can be hit confirmed into bf2,if it's blocked use df2 to keep it safe)
b2 bf2 run 11 db2 run f2u2 du4 11 db2 mixup [24%] (overhead starter that is very unsafe, -19, on block as b2 can't be hit confirmed)
b2 df2 [15%] (safe overhead starter on block)

One meter reset combos:
1212 ex bf2 jip f122+4 run 114 db 2 run mixup [35%] (again 6 frame start up good punishing combo)
b33 ex bf2 jip f122+4 run 114 db 2 run mixup [36%] (hit confirm into non ex db2 or df2 if blocked)
b2 ex bf2 jip 33 bf2 db2 run mixup [32%] (safe way of using overhead, ex db2 is -6 on block)

After the mix up you can run in and use any of the combos to keep the vortex going or a throw for a guaranteed 12% (they won't break the throw through fear of the mix up). There is nothing the opponent can do stop the mix up. However using the overhead with out meter can be risky if using bf2 or little damage if you use df2. Unfortunately there is no way to use this in the corner that I have found.

I hope this has helped in some way. This is the first thing I'm posting in TYM so any tips or advice would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

colby4898

I looked through some more and seen it has been mentioned in a post, my bad. However that was prior to the 1/9/15 patch so there are some more combos here due to the change in db2 ex.

colby4898

This is known and thoroughly explored, check out combo and general discussion. Thanks for your contribution though
Yeah I realise that now, I should have checked more before posting sorry. It was the first time I actually found something cool myself and I wanted to share. This is the first fighting game I've played and I felt accomplished discovering this myself lol It's sad I kniw :')