What's new

Short hop

Jbog

Noob
why isn't the input for short hop u+2 or u+3 make it way easier to determine when doing it plus wouldn't have those missed straight up jumps

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Short hops ARE u+1, 2, 3, or 4.

People find that by inputting it as u,d 1/2/3/4 that it tends to come out more consistently, because it forces your thumb to let go of up immediately.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Hop 1 and hop 2 are the same attack. Hop 3 and 4 are also identical but they differ from hop 1 and 2. So yes two hop attacks across 4 buttons. One is usually better because it has more reach/starts up faster, etc. All hop attacks are -12 on block I believe.

Yeah just tap up. Alternatively, you can do up down quickly.

Just tap up once and release, it's pretty basic. You can press an attack button at any time while in the air to get the hop attack, there's no hurry.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Well it's more then just up guys, letting go of up is part of the input.

I agree that it's awkward, feel like the execution aspect discourages it's use, at least in more casual play. Like if I want to time it after a string, I have to be money with the timing and the reward isn't really that great.

NoCharge

Noob
I used to press up two times to get the hop consistently, now I'm used to pressing up just once. You can use it, helps.