What's new

Shinnok vs. Shao Kahn

Who SHOULD win?

• Total voters

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
DREAM BATTLE ALERT! Will the first two final bosses of the current timeline ever collide in a future MK story? They've been teasing this since 2011...

MK9:

MKX:

MK11:

In a straight up fight, I'd bet on Shao Kahn. Shinnok went out of his way to engineer Shao Kahn's death through scheming and treachery, he didn't want to face him straight up, Amulet or no.

He didn't have that concern with Raiden, Fujin, or anyone else.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
the cages clowned shinnok
shao clowned the cages in aftermath

math works out pretty well to me.

Also on top of his overwhelming power Shao is also one of the premiere sorcerors in MK, the guy who taught shang everything he knows. He just rarely chooses to use magic cause that shits for FUCKING NERDS. Muscles > Magic

the cages clowned shinnok
shao clowned the cages in aftermath

math works out pretty well to me.

Also on top of his overwhelming power Shao is also one of the premiere sorcerors in MK, the guy who taught shang everything he knows. He just rarely chooses to use magic cause that shits for FUCKING NERDS. Muscles > Magic
Those fights mean nothing really to lore. Power levels all over the place. Kitana beat Shao, Sheeva beat Kitana, Sindel beat Sheeva, Jax beat Sindel, Johnny beat Jax, Shao beat Johnny, back to where we started. The forced narrative of Character Chapters creates plot armor.

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
The real question is who would Reiko side with? He served both and he put on Shao Kahn's mask in his MK4/MKG ending, but he's also a Brotherhood of Shadow member.

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
Shinnok's MK Wikia said:
During Kahn's failed invasion, Shinnok ordered Noob Saibot to spy on these events and eventually sided with the Earthrealm warriors (Shao Kahn had also unsuccessfully attempted to invade the Netherrealm, which Shinnok had seen as a sign that the Emperor was becoming too powerful).
Some interesting notes from the original timeline. Just like in the current timeline, Shinnok quietly worked against Shao Kahn, but the difference is that in MK9 Shao Kahn never attempted to invade the Netherrealm.

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
Speaking of Trilogy...

Mileena's MK Trilogy ending said:
When Mileena is murdered, she finds her soul reborn in an evil place called the Netherrealm. Here she accepts servitude to an all mighty god known as Shinnok. It is Shinnok who allows her soul to be reborn on the Outworld. Her loyalty to Shao Kahn is replaced by her fear of Shinnok. Mileena plots to overthrow her own father.

The ability to read Kitana's mind and predict the Earth warriors motives enables Mileena to set up her father's downfall. When Kahn is weakened by the onslaught of attacks, Mileena takes the opportunity to destroy her father and allow Shinnok to step forward and take both realms for his own sinister purposes.
I think they did a great job with introducing/teasing Shinnok before his MK:SZ and MK4/MKG appearances. I love that they insisted on his eventual clash with Shao Kahn and NOT on his battles against the Elder Gods, Raiden and Lucifer, which were revealed later.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Speaking of Trilogy...

I think they did a great job with introducing/teasing Shinnok before his MK:SZ and MK4/MKG appearances. I love that they insisted on his eventual clash with Shao Kahn and NOT on his battles against the Elder Gods, Raiden and Lucifer, which were revealed later.
Yeah they did. MKT gave me a great respect for Kahn's character as it took all of the heroes, and many of the villains, to take him down, and they STILL almost failed.