What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok Oct 4, 2016 Patch Notes

His zoning got better despite the plug frames being gone. You have the psych out unblockable and more push back means it takes them slightly longer to get in with you zoning
Lol @ zoning. His zoning is still so slow in comparison with the rest of the cast outside of hell sparks and since they like BUFFING pressure tools, They should NO LOVE to his normals (by giving him better damage). I don't think my poor heart can take the horrible tracking... yet again ANOTHER crucial buff they missed out of. What the hell? Is it so hard to fix a few frames of tracking or are they just ignoring it because they don't want to improve it?

D. R.

Noob
I think everyone should stop overreacting til the patch actually drops...

Then let the bitching and moaning commence. I'll be sure to contribute if 112 and 312 still have hitbox issues. lol

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I really don't see a reason to use ex scoop anymore. It was an amazing counter zoning but now what's the point?

I only see it being used off of long range f41/f31 conversions.
EX Scoop will be used for optimal damage in punishing combos.

Braindead

I think the Bone Shaper buffs are quite good honestly.

Losing armor on EX Scoop is a big hit but it's a universal change so we can't complain about it. The other things he got are pretty sweet.

Braindead

I agree that's it's fair since it's a universal change. The only issue I see he now gets out zoned by several characters. I'm assuming his new offensive options are meant to compensate.
Will still be useful for whiff punishing from long distances. Think of Balanced Kenshi whiffing his TF, you'll still be able to launch for full combo.

Will still be useful for whiff punishing from long distances. Think of Balanced Kenshi whiffing his TF, you'll still be able to launch for full combo.
That's a really good point. It's basically a long range punish tool. It's still useful against moves like push and takeda's whips on whiff.

Been a Shinnok main since day 1, and I honestly love these changes. Like D.R. said, god forbid you be forced to play footsies. You guys also seem to neglect how much the game's universal changes will effect him. Boneshaper's zoning got way better because opponents will now lose stamina when they get clipped by dark beam. Not to mention that dark beam is now only -9.

TSL_LegendSlayer

Hellsparks Initiate
I was pretty nervous about these new buffs and nerfs, but I have to say I am having a ton of fun with boneshaper now. F3 is a great advancing mid, the new combo potential off of his shoulder charge is great along with the added mind game of whether or not to EX it on block, and the amulet being safer is definitely a nice change.

good news boyz.

He can EX his shoulder and blow up anyone trying to punish it with normals for a full combo. (don't think its advantage on block or anything like doomsday's shoulder, though :( and the explosion can be backdashed, but no one would probably ever do that.

Boneshaper's max range F41xxdarkbeam seems safe now.

Bone hands Shinnok can run cancel his judgement fist so its actually useful.

D. R.

Noob
I'll post a vid of all the new hotness I found when I'm out of class. Didn't have time to edit it all together.

Aside from the Mimicry nerf, all his variations are contenders imo.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
How did I miss this thread?

Okay, so the new mimicry...........it's kinda not so great. I get why it had to be done........I'm not a fan lol. It's gonna take me a super long time to warm up to Impostor. However, I for some reason love Necromancer now and have been all about it lately. The new shoulder BnB's across the board are fun though.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I played Necro against Hunter and Cryo today. I really really like Necro in all this lol. Amulet's safe, 312 flick is safe, it's lovely

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
You can actually get a combo after mb the end of a normal shoulder charge. yay

loogie

Noob
explain how its useful now, the main function of that move was that it made it risky to try and zone BS shinnok, whats the purpose of it now?.
why this over-reliance on ex armored launchers to get damage on opponent ... this change was universal wherein no character has access to such tools.

the shoulder charge with meter burn option is HUGE, f3 change is HUGE ... you guys want everything. you want the piece of the pie then the whole pie.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Necro feels about the same. The pushback feels negligable to me. MB slap is still pretty meh. But everyone was toned down so by comparison it doesn't feel like as much of an uphill battle. It sucks he lost his 19% (IIRC) reversal with Ex Shoulder -> Summon Fiend but it's not that big of a deal. That confirm was so tight it wasn't reliable half the time.

For me Necro specific buffs do not help much, or can someone tell me how to implement the new Flick and the new Cancel, have no clue about how to use them?