What's new

Match Footage - Shinnok Shinnok match video thread

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
with all the breakthroughs in the General Discussion thread I thought it would be good for us to have some matchups sadly I am unable to record any matchups as I don't have the right equipment. I think it would be good if we could see some actual matchup experience which seems to be the only thing that's missing from the Shinnok Threads

Alex valle has been palying some imposter shinnok. His stream is twitch.tv/leveluplive or something like that. Not sure if he's online now or got any vods, but dude knows his stuff in general, and plays against some real competition.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

Pandamoniumz

Don't Listen, Save Money
Some matches against Jax. I've never fought a Jax before so I was just winging it. Feel free to critique my play and tell me where I need to improve. :]
Awesome to see some Shinnok footage get posted! As far as the play is concerned, I think you need to work on confirming a bit. A lot of your strings ended in EX shoulder or scoop, or even hellsparks, but he showed that he is more than capable of punishing them. Also you were super aggressive with scoop midscreen. I think shinnok has to played very reactively, and that kind of stuff is far too risky for not much reward.

Hey, hey! Very new player here. Haven't owned a fighting game since MK3 and I was 6 then so that really doesn't count. :p but I've picked up Shinnok as my main/favorite and could really use some criticism. My win/loss ratio is actually somewhat decent considering I'm not the only really new player hitting the online scene atm, but I don't fair too well when I run into players who actually know what they're doing. I prime example is the 1:24 mark of this video from earlier where I had no idea how to combo off of it.

[edit] youtube embed format

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Hey, hey! Very new player here. Haven't owned a fighting game since MK3 and I was 6 then so that really doesn't count. :p but I've picked up Shinnok as my main/favorite and could really use some criticism. My win/loss ratio is actually somewhat decent considering I'm not the only really new player hitting the online scene atm, but I don't fair too well when I run into players who actually know what they're doing. I prime example is the 1:24 mark of this video from earlier where I had no idea how to combo off of it.

[edit] youtube embed format
At 1:24 after enhancing the hell spark you can run in and do a 2,2 into shoulder or another hell sparks. I usually use 2,2 depending on when I use the ex hell spark in the combo and distance. Take it to the lab and mess around with all the strings and ranges.

Be careful with those low Scepters. I know the scorpion player wasn't respecting them at all so it was fine, but they are full combo punishable on block.

At times it looked like you were a sitting duck. Don't be afraid to move around.

I see you liked going for his D2 a lot, but I would suggest getting comfortable with his other pokes - d3, d1, d4. Learn the frame data on these and get used to their ranges. Shinnok's D2 has a very curved hitbox and is not always the best tool to use when getting pressured or in footsies. D2 is decent damage for a punish, but you can get more. Take certain characters you are having trouble with and learn what is punishable, but first learn your punishes.

TwistedGamesMK

PSN: twistedgaming99
Let's see some necromancer footage!! All three versions have options, but when it comes to zoning, necromancer is the best with the hand grab and the falling hand. The announcer in the Takeda match said that shinnok has no where to go on fullscreen but with necromancer shinnok LIVES on full screen

TwistedGamesMK

PSN: twistedgaming99
Since I last posted, I'm using Necromancer Shinnok much better. I get the opponent into far range with hell sparks, then i usually alternate devil flick and judgement fist. If theyre annoying block noobs, i usually do a judgement smash right into EX fist. works almost every time. best against Kung Jin, Sonya, and Sub Zero.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
Угу, вчера партию сыграли. Не без дропов как говорится. И со скорпом 3-4 раз знакомство происходило =).

These are just a couple of matches from the online Wednesday Night Fights. I won four in a row (lost last night though) and I'm just really wondering how I can improve. I played @Doctor Stabs and got bodied like 10-2 but I think I just need more ways to mix people up. How can I level up here?

These are just a couple of matches from the online Wednesday Night Fights. I won four in a row (lost last night though) and I'm just really wondering how I can improve. I played @Doctor Stabs and got bodied like 10-2 but I think I just need more ways to mix people up. How can I level up here?
So you are the reason why Wonder Chef has been so salty against Shinnok)?!