What's new

She's fun but is she viable...

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
This right here. People seem to try and find ways around her inconsistencies and weaknesses but it shouldn't be like that. If other characters can punish consistently, their hitbox is great, they got quick, safe options, etc, so should she! I've been playing Frost for 2 weeks now and I still struggle to get get a W online, I've picked up Noob, Erron, Kitana for a couple of days and I immediately found it 10 times easier to win a match.
I mean tbh, I destroy most players I come across online with her because she is a spacing goddess. However, when faced with someone who actually knows what they are doing, it most definitely becomes an uphill battle, with a lot more grabs since ppl just just block low and avoid most things. (although sometimes, when I condition someone to stay crouched blocked after my blade spin, the short hop overhead catches them off guard)

I really like Frost redesign so I picked her to play in last few days. She is really fun to play as, but jesus, it’s so easy to block all of her strings that I find it really hard to do combos in real matches. Some matches it’s just a throw fest tbh cause there’s nothing I can do

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Do it she’s fun. You might lose a bit because of bad MUs but oh well.
Yeah, everyone will take loses, it's inevitable lol but I'm a zoney, keep away kind of player it looks like she has some decent tools to do so. Thanks for the feedback.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Outside of bug/glitch stuff I think frost is weak, but only because of her frames. Her toolkit is VERY strong for neutral. F2 is fantastic, b22 is great. Just compared to the other strong neutral characters her frames are all worse across the board in terms of being slower.

She gets her numbers tweaked up, she becomes much better. Not every character needs to be a mixup master. She just needs to be more in line with someone like Kabal, devastating buttons & neutral.
Yeah I'm not sure I think she's bad but I have to admit she feels unpolished compared to a lot of the cast. B2 just doesn't feel good, whiffing issues on some of her normals, etc. Kind of reminds me of Brainiac in a way but without a super powerful move like Divekick to band-aid it all together.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Yeah, everyone will take loses, it's inevitable lol but I'm a zoney, keep away kind of player it looks like she has some decent tools to do so. Thanks for the feedback.
Shes a much more of a spacing beast. Zoning will beat many other players but as soon as they have a double projectile or teleport, you're zoning becomes very limited. But that space control though, its hawt!

Frost is incredibly solid. F2 is a great check. B2 is great for combos, great for staggers, her zoning and anti-zoning tools are fine. She doesn't get as much damage as some other characters but she has more tools. She's even got plus frames. She doesn't need any help right now imo

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Shes a much more of a spacing beast. Zoning will beat many other players but as soon as they have a double projectile or teleport, you're zoning becomes very limited. But that space control though, its hawt!
Yeah I've noticed her mid screen/spacing game seems pretty strong as oppose to flat out zoning. Was playing around with her last night a little bit in the lab.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Frost

If you're on tonight, ill shoot you a message and we can play a few matches or do a KOTH with Aero
I am aero LmAo and PROBABLY
I'll give you a message if I can later but my dad just bought Mk vs ATV all out and wants to play with me for a little bit :DOGE:p
I will give you a message if I can though:D
.wait lmao You were talking with @MKF30... but still Give me how many hours till you want too and I will try to be on at that time :)

TheLewis

Noob
Im at the point where Im fine with her kit except for the weird hit collision on some of her moves and her B1 needs just a few frames faster than 16 startup, just to not have to be frame perfect after a D1.

Besides that she has some weaknesses and some strengths like any balanced chatacter should have.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Frost is totally fine and decent imo. Not sure why some people are struggling with her so much. Every character has some flaws and hers are very possible to play around imo.
How you doing in bracket? I’ve been wrecking frosts left and right. First and foremost by staying out of range or in her face. And I can interrupt the hell out of her. She gives up her turns lot and her hitbox whiff issues I exploit.

I don’t feel she’s competitively viable right. Now. Not as an exclusive solo. Every character has weaknesses but they aren’t counter productive to themselves either

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Frost is incredibly solid. F2 is a great check. B2 is great for combos, great for staggers, her zoning and anti-zoning tools are fine. She doesn't get as much damage as some other characters but she has more tools. She's even got plus frames. She doesn't need any help right now imo
You don’t fear f2. When dick jabs can beat her up close game and ducking from range shuts that down specifically fuzzy guarding.
Beating online players is one thing but the tournament players that know her even a little basically minimize her options to almost single hit and throw attempts and not much reward from damage. No reason to fear getting hit by her

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Frankly I love her design and her concept but she needs fixes to her collision boxes, and a at least some moves sped up a tiny bit specifically mids. Nothing major I’m not talking rah rah buff her to god tier but just like fix her a little to give us some solid to work with. She’s a spacing type character that people don’t fear being spaced by lol

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Frankly I love her design and her concept but she needs fixes to her collision boxes, and a at least some moves sped up a tiny bit specifically mids. Nothing major I’m not talking rah rah buff her to god tier but just like fix her a little to give us some solid to work with. She’s a spacing type character that people don’t fear being spaced by lol
Yeah I feel this. Her pokes suck but that's part of her design and I can deal with it. Every character should have intentionally designed weaknesses. What doesn't make sense to me is her b22 having a gap, her punish game being so wack and dysfunctional, and her damage being lower than can-opener characters with a million mixups.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Yeah I feel this. Her pokes suck but that's part of her design and I can deal with it. Every character should have intentionally designed weaknesses. What doesn't make sense to me is her b22 having a gap, her punish game being so wack and dysfunctional, and her damage being lower than can-opener characters with a million mixups.
Honestly, I dont find her pokes that debilitating. Her main issue is her lack of consistent options for pressuring after hit confirming a D1. The best is to follow it up with B1 but even that doesnt work consistently, especially online.
If the B1 was 13f instead of 16f, it would be amazing. I would say make her B2 faster but given the range this move has, I dont mind having it slower.

Her other issue is her lack of options after you block someones poke. Her mids are way to slow so the opponent can always poke right back with no issue.

Ultimately, after having using her since the beginning, shes fun but definitely not viable. Her only saving grace is her range but an opponent can block low consistently, jump in for free because her AA options are weak, she has no tools to deal with pressure and the range of some moves are so bad it makes punishing very inconsistent.
Shes actually very frustrating to play at a higher level.

well every character that isnt top 10 isnt viable for tournements thats how it is either you win on luck cause people dont practice low tiers match up or get absulutly shit on by someone who does.

her lack of follow-up options to pokes and fast mid or lows is her weakness. Gets completely bulldogged by - characters with strong up close games /fast mids. liu kang jacqui jax erron black etc.

Last edited:

TheLewis

Noob
Honestly, I dont find her pokes that debilitating. Her main issue is her lack of consistent options for pressuring after hit confirming a D1. The best is to follow it up with B1 but even that doesnt work consistently, especially online.
If the B1 was 13f instead of 16f, it would be amazing. I would say make her B2 faster but given the range this move has, I dont mind having it slower.

Her other issue is her lack of options after you block someones poke. Her mids are way to slow so the opponent can always poke right back with no issue.
Exactly this. I dont think making B1 13 or 14 frames on startup is unreasonable. It just gives a 2 or 3 frame window after a d1 which people will still struggle with the timing. Plus B121 can be ducked on the final hit and punished so its not some godlike string like geras's F212. It just eliminates the frustration of constantly having your turn stolen from you after a D1.

Again a 6 frame D1 still only leaves you a 2 frame window and then you have to commit to the whole string or cancel into DF2 to keep it safe, both which can be punished by ducking, leading to D2 KB death. You cancel into anything else and your punished as well so I dont see how shaving 2 frames off B1 does anything but make her VIABLE while not making her OP.