What's new

Sheeva vs Raiden

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I do decently in most matches Sheeva should lose badly but Raiden always seems to elude me no matter how mediocre they are. What do most good Sheeva players do? I seem to be mostly grabbing and punching at air when I try to counter because of teleport, if I telestomp he can last minute teleport out of the way even if he was doing a move before. When they teleport behind me, whats the best thing to do? I can d1 or d3 them but most times if they go into b3 1 2, its out of range and when my hit whiffs I get kicked in the face. If he gets you in a corner and does a 3, 3, 4 into shocker her hitbox seems to be so stupidly big she gets electrocuted even ducking. You have to block it. I mean I can turtle a bit more and block a bunch but taking all this chip damage to get in a hit here and there is annoying.

Also it seems when he completes a string or part of a string and teleports unless he does something with a big opening like get a blocked superman I seem to have no time to retaliate with anything stronger than d1 maybe and hes gone again. I'm probably just playing the match wrong but every other character I have had trouble with as Sheeva I have adapted to but Raiden still always kicks my ass.
plz help.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well your Sheeva is much better than mine, but I find myself attempting to bait out the teleport with footsies. All of her moves are so slow and telegraph so badly that he can tp on reaction, so I pretty much won't commit to anything until I see that tp come out. Most Raiden's will get frustrated at "Turtle Sheeva" and throw out a careless superman, which can of course be punished pretty severely. That's about the extent of my advice, though.

Raiden isn't much faster than Sheeva. He has to start using low pokes between his strings, otherwise you can easily interrupt them. Look for low grab opportunities.

After any blocked command grabs, see how he reacts. If he teles try walking back and reacting with 212. I say walk back just in case he throws out a string and you don't have enough time to react and block. Otherwise commence normal frame trap pressure.

You also can't poke out of his strings reliably online, which makes the match a lot harder than it should be. I hate that more than the teleport to be honest. ❤

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I'm sure alot of it probably is due to online stupidity and having little reaction time. I hadn't really tried just backing up as a strategy and countering as they approach, I will definitely give that a shot. Turtling as well is a little against my nature of attack and kill strategy. But I'm sure I can adapt, I have to be very patient with matches like Noob and Cage for an opening, just need to apply that same mindset to this matchup I guess. Thanks for the replies everyone =)

D

Deleted member 9158

you could try that big ass kick she does (i think its f4) on reaction to his tele. but other than that abuse her amour to break through his strings

Yesterday I played online against Raiden, its really hard when he does mix-ups in his strings.
And its impossible to do pressure on him, at least for me, never got him into the low throw, he forced me to play his game, didn't do much damage while punishing.
Maybe I have to poke-in better since he isn't that fast, but I got punished when doing so after he teleports away and does another string.