What's new

Sheeva Multi-Teleport Stomps?

Kaiba

Noob
The other day while I was messing around with MK3 (should work with UMK3/MKT as well) I got the urge to see if this was humanly possible and somehow I did 2 consecutive Teleport Stomps with Sheeva. I know the CPU has a tendency of doing three in a row, even though no extra damage is added. So is it humanly possible to do several in a row? And essentiatly, could this be considered a "trap" because if you do one, and this gives you the health advantage, you could keep on doing it until the round ends?

Kaiba

Noob
SNES, I thought platform wouldn't matter since its just repeating a standard move. I had the double on video but deleted it since it wasn't something I was trying to do. It was more accidental at the time and after it finished capturing it I discarded it in Trash (which is the mac equivalent of Recycle Bin)

I did it on KB. When I tried it on DPad I couldn't get it.

SNES, I thought platform wouldn't matter since its just repeating a standard move. I had the double on video but deleted it since it wasn't something I was trying to do. It was more accidental at the time and after it finished capturing it I discarded it in Trash (which is the mac equivalent of Recycle Bin)

I did it on KB. When I tried it on DPad I couldn't get it.
There's the problem. SNES and Genesis UMK3 play VERY different from the Arcade version. Many many broken problems are in The SNES and Gen versions that aren't in the Arcade. If I had to assume, I would assume that this is an isolated SNES incident.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Multiple Sheeva stomps is just a CPU programming goof. It was more than likely intentional but there is no way to lock them down with Sheeva stomps in the arcade, the stomp doesn't become available again until they are able to get up. SNES however does retain many leftover CPU programming glitches so to speak, it's like they didn't bother programming a specific part of the AI to be unavailable for people. This is similar in N64 MKT where the male ninjas can teleport constantly without any buffer time.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sometimes after I get hit with a Stomp, and I try to run out after I get up and the Sheeva player does another Stomp immediately after they recover from the first one, my character does the idiot dance (turns around then back) and I can't move making the second Stomp inescapable.

I've never been able to do this myself. It has happened on the DS as well as XBL.

RoGE

Noob
Sometimes after I get hit with a Stomp, and I try to run out after I get up and the Sheeva player does another Stomp immediately after they recover from the first one, my character does the idiot dance (turns around then back) and I can't move making the second Stomp inescapable.

I've never been able to do this myself. It has happened on the DS as well as XBL.
Seems to me like the second stomp is more like a 50/50, crazy stuff...

Kaiba

Noob
The Multistop is just the beginning of stuff involving glitch cancel moves. Plenty of stuff will be released soon in my latest project.

Cyrax- uppercut, bomb, aaHP, NET...etc
Kabal- JK, AFB, SPIN,..etc

as well as other stuff. :)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The Multistop is just the beginning of stuff involving glitch cancel moves. Plenty of stuff will be released soon in my latest project.

Cyrax- uppercut, bomb, aaHP, NET...etc
Kabal- JK, AFB, SPIN,..etc

as well as other stuff. :)
3 hits before the net is the same as doing 5 hits before a spear or teleport, and aaJK, aaFB, aaSpin is fun vs Sheeva!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
also aaJK vs the upward motion of a teleport stomp, sometimes you get a otg spin as well after the fireball, but I think it's always blockable.