What's new

General/Other Sheeva Kouncil - For the Shokan!

Do you like the idea of the Sheeva Kouncil?

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I was going through my profile one night and I noticed a request by STB Espio to start up a Sheeva Kouncil. As late as I am in taking initiative, here is my way of fulfilling the request.

I call upon all of TYM's Shokan warriors to join me on Skype and represent their four-armed diva of disaster. As much as the community looks down on Sheeva for being so "low-tier," perhaps a productive round-table discussion amongst her community will change some people's outlooks? You never know.

Feel free to step in on this character kouncil and share what you know. Tag all Sheeva players who might be down to do this.

AU_IM_DIGIMON GGA Jeremiah Sindelia

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I actually believe these councils should be more productive and positive, a way to work on improving our game and to share solidarity with the fact we all play the same character.

We know Sheeva isn't all that great already,it's no secret to anybody.

What does that solve to dwell on it? Also, does that improve the community or help anybody level up? I don't think it does.

Also, wanna tag Lumpymoomilk BoysBoysBoys and anybody else interested :).

Lol. Yeah she can still find some wins, but if the opponent knows the MU there is no way. She is a lot of fun to play though! We could talk about that.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Lol. Yeah she can still find some wins, but if the opponent knows the MU there is no way. She is a lot of fun to play though! We could talk about that.
^this. Just cuz she sucks doesn't mean she's not worth talking about or that you can't have a productive discussion.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Yesss another great idea Sonya Blake. :cool:
Both Jeremiah & Digi often talk bad about her making us think that
they don't or never liked her character. And it's a shame since they're
2 of the best (if not the best) Sheeva players in the world.
Well, I'm loving her since the summer of 1995 back in Mk3
and will always use her in every MK game she's in.
No matter how bad or low-tier she is. Because I like the character
not what she does and if it's fun to play with or not.
peachyO is like that. CongoFury.
Good eye on tagging those two :).

Yesss another great idea Sonya Blake. :cool:
Both Jeremiah & Digi often talk bad about her making us think that
they don't or never liked her character.
How can you say I don't like my character? I have played her more than anyone else in this entire community? She was the character I chose day 1 and have played her at more tournaments than anyone else ever will.

Saying she is the worst in the game doesn't mean I hate her. It just means she has the hardest time winning out of any character.

peachyO

Noob
thank you my radiant Sindelia for tagging me. SHAME on everyone else for not tagging me IMMEDIATELY about this. EVERYONE knows who i main and where my unfaltering loyalty lies. with that said, while i initially voted 'yes' for the kouncil, i now have second thoughts due to the direction this thread is taking. few are worthy to be on such a council. this thread is already being taken over by useless and untrue comments, snarky little quips for laughs, and semantic banter that is as unproductive as it is uninteresting.

i am tired of having to defend sheeva against her supposed champions. if you think she is the worst in the game, get a new character. that negativity will do you no good in competition and even less good for the sheeva community, which is already small, uncoordinated, and not taken seriously by most. taking that defeatist attitude into kombat is guaranteed to produce losing results. she is NOT the worst in the game. no character with that much armor, that many unblockable, unbreakerable moves, and a teleport can possibly be the weakest. underpowered? yes. difficult to win with? frequently. but she CAN win, and she CAN win against the best. TYM is littered with the beaten, broken bodies of tier whores who laughed at me when i trotted out my sheeva against their kung lao, kabal, smoke, sonya, and cyrax. they learned. i have mained her since day 1, have defended her at every opportunity, and rep her faithfully on and offline against top competitors. and I win. sure, i get beaten too, and sure i am frustrated by the lack of attention NRS gave my character. but when all is said and done, i give better than i get and i don't infect my community with "wah, sheeva's the worst" emo crap. and, as a sheeva player, i do NOT go to other characters' forums to spew drivel about how crappy those characters are/aren't. i don't know why others can't do the same here.

so, my suggestion as to a kouncil is this: let's first see if we can start out by governing our threads first. no feeding trolls. keeping the thread on topic and on point. getting the drivel and useless posts deleted from this thread, and closing any others that turn into a shit-on-sheeva party. and punishing thos members who see fit to always add their two cents' worth even though it has NOTHING to do with sheeva's execution, strategies, ideas, etc. if that can happen, then a sheeva kouncil has a chance. otherwise no way am i ever gonna join a skype session just to hear a bunch of whiners trash my beloved shokan.

i like leaving things on a positive note, so i would like to thank GamerBlake90 for giving the sheeva community attention and respect. STB Espio for being luscious, loyal, and classier in his responses to sheeva's detractors than i will ever be. and my delectable Sindelia for 1. remembering to tag me; 2. defending sheeva with skill and gusto, 3. ALWAYS contributing valuable posts to the sheeva forum; and 4. not really thanks, but voting for the first kouncil seat, if it does ever materialize, to go to Sindelia, whose loyalty and obvious knowledge of the shokan tigress have earned it.

peachyO

Noob
*applauds* I was really waiting for your take and reply on this
to set things straight. You're the kind of person I consider a true,
loyal and dedicated to a character Fan. I've been supporting both
her and Sindel since May '06 when I was on the old (missed)
Midway Boards until it closed in '11.
Have met dozens of Shee/ndel haters along the way but I just ignore them.
Believe in your character, never let go of them and you can do magic.
Much love peachyO xx *hugs*
:D XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

and certainly all hail sindel as well. the ONLY MK divas that matter!! (honorable mention to jade <3)

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
thank you my radiant Sindelia for tagging me. SHAME on everyone else for not tagging me IMMEDIATELY about this. EVERYONE knows who i main and where my unfaltering loyalty lies. with that said, while i initially voted 'yes' for the kouncil, i now have second thoughts due to the direction this thread is taking. few are worthy to be on such a council. this thread is already being taken over by useless and untrue comments, snarky little quips for laughs, and semantic banter that is as unproductive as it is uninteresting.

i am tired of having to defend sheeva against her supposed champions. if you think she is the worst in the game, get a new character. that negativity will do you no good in competition and even less good for the sheeva community, which is already small, uncoordinated, and not taken seriously by most. taking that defeatist attitude into kombat is guaranteed to produce losing results. she is NOT the worst in the game. no character with that much armor, that many unblockable, unbreakerable moves, and a teleport can possibly be the weakest. underpowered? yes. difficult to win with? frequently. but she CAN win, and she CAN win against the best. TYM is littered with the beaten, broken bodies of tier whores who laughed at me when i trotted out my sheeva against their kung lao, kabal, smoke, sonya, and cyrax. they learned. i have mained her since day 1, have defended her at every opportunity, and rep her faithfully on and offline against top competitors. and I win. sure, i get beaten too, and sure i am frustrated by the lack of attention NRS gave my character. but when all is said and done, i give better than i get and i don't infect my community with "wah, sheeva's the worst" emo crap. and, as a sheeva player, i do NOT go to other characters' forums to spew drivel about how crappy those characters are/aren't. i don't know why others can't do the same here.

so, my suggestion as to a kouncil is this: let's first see if we can start out by governing our threads first. no feeding trolls. keeping the thread on topic and on point. getting the drivel and useless posts deleted from this thread, and closing any others that turn into a shit-on-sheeva party. and punishing thos members who see fit to always add their two cents' worth even though it has NOTHING to do with sheeva's execution, strategies, ideas, etc. if that can happen, then a sheeva kouncil has a chance. otherwise no way am i ever gonna join a skype session just to hear a bunch of whiners trash my beloved shokan.

i like leaving things on a positive note, so i would like to thank GamerBlake90 for giving the sheeva community attention and respect. STB Espio for being luscious, loyal, and classier in his responses to sheeva's detractors than i will ever be. and my delectable Sindelia for 1. remembering to tag me; 2. defending sheeva with skill and gusto, 3. ALWAYS contributing valuable posts to the sheeva forum; and 4. not really thanks, but voting for the first kouncil seat, if it does ever materialize, to go to Sindelia, whose loyalty and obvious knowledge of the shokan tigress have earned it.
OK cool. Let's do an online ft10 so you can show me how good Sheeva is.

I am not emo about Sheeva at all. In fact I feel like I am playing her better than I ever have been. The argument is not if Sheeva can win. We all know of course she can win. The question you have to ask yourself is, am I playing offline against an opponent that fully knows Sheeva. That is the key question.

If the opponent knows Sheeva almost all of the things that she has going for her is out the window.

ALL of Sheeva's wakeup options are out with a simple d4. This d4 cannot even be armor low grabbed because this opponent will have proper spacing to make low grab whiff. That means all wake up opportunities you have to block the d4, and be even frame data wise with your opponent when you have slower basic moves.
Her telestomp is out. The opponent can njp it after practice. Or the best way is just walk back. All the opponent has to do is walk backwards and use any jab to full combo punish her telestomp on top of him or behind him. If you telestomp in front of him you are at frame disadvantage and are into his pressure.
Her ground pound can be reacted to and jumped and full combo punished.
Her armor is either a slow high armor or a slow overhead armor. Each version can be reacted to and punished appropriately.
Her fireball is good but the skilled opponent will just d3 and make it whiff.
Her anti air grab is amazing, but it only does 14% and doesn't really lead to anything unless you want to bait wakeup with armor.
Her frame trap is great but the only way to really get it going is to jump in, and that is extremely hard against a skilled opponent.
Also if you have the opponent jailed low with 2,1,2 you can cancel into lowgrab for decent damage, but again all the opponent has to do is take the hit, make the low grab whiff and full combo punish.

I could go on and on, but at the Highest level the opponent will know ALL of her holes and exploit properly.

Sheeva is a fun addition to MK9 and I have a lot of fun when I play her. However she is not a complete tournament character and I accept that.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, people. Wait till the council actually happens before you dry your material up. :)

And remember, tag all Sheeva players you can think of.

peachyO

Noob
OK cool. Let's do an online ft10 so you can show me how good Sheeva is.
LOL who are YOU to demand the great peachyO show you anything?! are you a sheeva player in need of leveling up? are you a player who is thinking of picking sheeva up and needs pointers? are you a player having difficulty defeating sheeva and therefore in need of MU experience? i think not...
but if my memory serves me correctly (and it always does) we have indeed played before, and your jade did not at all get the better of the exchange ;). actually i think i still have one of your post-match "love letters" in my inbox, gotta go check that out!

peachyO

Noob
I am not emo about Sheeva at all. In fact I feel like I am playing her better than I ever have been. The argument is not if Sheeva can win. We all know of course she can win. The question you have to ask yourself is, am I playing offline against an opponent that fully knows Sheeva. That is the key question.

If the opponent knows Sheeva almost all of the things that she has going for her is out the window.

ALL of Sheeva's wakeup options are out with a simple d4. This d4 cannot even be armor low grabbed because this opponent will have proper spacing to make low grab whiff. That means all wake up opportunities you have to block the d4, and be even frame data wise with your opponent when you have slower basic moves.
Her telestomp is out. The opponent can njp it after practice. Or the best way is just walk back. All the opponent has to do is walk backwards and use any jab to full combo punish her telestomp on top of him or behind him. If you telestomp in front of him you are at frame disadvantage and are into his pressure.
Her ground pound can be reacted to and jumped and full combo punished.
Her armor is either a slow high armor or a slow overhead armor. Each version can be reacted to and punished appropriately.
Her fireball is good but the skilled opponent will just d3 and make it whiff.
Her anti air grab is amazing, but it only does 14% and doesn't really lead to anything unless you want to bait wakeup with armor.
Her frame trap is great but the only way to really get it going is to jump in, and that is extremely hard against a skilled opponent.
Also if you have the opponent jailed low with 2,1,2 you can cancel into lowgrab for decent damage, but again all the opponent has to do is take the hit, make the low grab whiff and full combo punish.

I could go on and on, but at the Highest level the opponent will know ALL of her holes and exploit properly.

Sheeva is a fun addition to MK9 and I have a lot of fun when I play her. However she is not a complete tournament character and I accept that.
everything you say is true. it is also true that in the heat of kombat no opponent, even those who know the match-up, is unbeatable. they make mistakes. they whiff, they read incorrectly. it can be done, and you are proof of it.

the problem is that sheeva has enough trouble as it is without the character being poo-poo'd even in her own forums. i don't see this sort of thing happen in jade's, kano's, stryker's, or baraka's forums. at least not anywhere near this degree. and a case could be made for any of those characters being the "worst".

i want sheeva forums with less trash-talking, down-playing, and off-topic posts. and a similar kouncil, if one ever materializes. is that too much to ask? we will never attract newcomers like this. and remember there will eventually be a sequel. i want sheeva in it, and i want her viable!! keeping her hyped as much as possible is one small thing we can do to help ensure her inclusion in the next MK.

peachyO

Noob
GamerBlake90, i will not be responding to him anymore in PM's or otherwise. but this illustrates my point brilliantly. every time a new sheeva thread or topic comes about, somebody ALWAYS starts the superfluous garbage. and what can we realistically say if we, the sheeva community, are always doing the same. i'm tired of sheeva trash-talking posts/threads getting more attention than legitimate posts. this is what i fear will happen to a kouncil. i would like these issues addressed so that a kouncil can indeed take place. it would be great for the community as a whole, and for the members individually. let's make it happen, but let's make it happen correctly!

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I was going through my profile one night and I noticed a request by STB Espio to start up a Sheeva Kouncil. As late as I am in taking initiative, here is my way of fulfilling the request.

I call upon all of TYM's Shokan warriors to join me on Skype and represent their four-armed diva of disaster. As much as the community looks down on Sheeva for being so "low-tier," perhaps a productive round-table discussion amongst her community will change some people's outlooks? You never know.

Feel free to step in on this character kouncil and share what you know. Tag all Sheeva players who might be down to do this.

AU_IM_DIGIMON GGA Jeremiah Sindelia
I honestly only use Sheeva in UMK. Fuck using her in 9 however, I honestly Think all this "Kouncil" talk is benefiting our community and being you tagged digimon I recommended hitting him up on twitter. Don't know if this is true but I read somewhere on tym forums he was banned. However, knowing he used sheeva he would be a great addition for this discussion I volunteer to contact him on twitter via dms should you stilll want him to show up and being your on twitter hit him up if you want @devildigimon . Good luck and I look foward to yiur future kouncil streams. Thanks for looking out for this community :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Peachy, I do agree that not all opponents will be able to react to everything but I guess we have now come to my main problem with her.

Take Kenshi and Sheeva's F3 as an example. Both hit low and both lead to combo's. Forget the fact that our F3 does less damage, look at the Frame Data difference and that is where NRS dropped the ball.

Kenshi's F3 data.
Execution: 15f
Duration: 44f

Sheeva's F3 data.
Execution: 26f
Duration: 65f

Both are low combo starters that for are all intents and purposes are the same move except Kenshi's is 15f to execute, which if you play against smoke 15f is very hard to react to.
But that same move for Sheeva is 26f, you are now approaching the threshold where humans can react to it and block it.
Not to mention our duration is much longer so it is easier for the opponent to whiff punish.