What's new

Sheeva Guide - Four Arms > Two

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Nice, Im trying to learn Sheeva currently, having her and Sindel as mains would be cool since they are both bottom tier charactersXD

Big Frog

Noob
I watched it live, and honestly...I don't think you could of played her any better. Obviously there's little things like missed Ex GnP, etc.., but it just seemed like you were hitting everything. Very nice job, Boys.

I needed to do 4 as soon as I seen anyone jump because timing it so GnP could hit was too risky in the lag.. I think one match against Detroits Shang you can see me start to do her kick but since her hit box gets so big he hits her anyways. Otherwise I'm good with AAing with that and 1. Same with uppercut.

Another issue I had against Brock was his JP's in the lag. So I just started doing NJPs.

Random GnP's I think that's just because I panic when I get crossed up sometimes.

Big Frog

Noob
So true about the AA 4. Online it's basically safer just to throw it out rather then trying to time it.

and don't even get me started on the random GnPs. With me it's usually throwing it out anticipating them to come in.

btw, as the days go on and all the actual Sheeva players get better and better, I am worried the "OP" complaints will get louder and louder. lol

After I played Slips this weekend (the Scorpion player from St. Louis) and won the character Auction tournament, with Sheeva, at Fighters X Shooters in IL....I can tell you right now, Sheeva is getting NERFED!!!

LMFAO!!! J/K...but it was nice to hear Slips and fLoE state that Sheeva, in the right hands, can quickly move up to Mid Tier character. ^_^

BoysX3 - Frame Data thread stickied.

After I played Slips this weekend (the Scorpion player from St. Louis) and won the character Auction tournament, with Sheeva, at Fighters X Shooters in IL....I can tell you right now, Sheeva is getting NERFED!!!

LMFAO!!! J/K...but it was nice to hear Slips and fLoE state that Sheeva, in the right hands, can quickly move up to Mid Tier character. ^_^

BoysX3 - Frame Data thread stickied.
DUDe, i watched that auction tournament, that was fuckin awesome lol, you really took it to that sektor player. Your sheeva is beast and i would like to pit my sektor against her. That 2 dollar sektor was garbage compared to your beastly 10 dollar sheeva lol. I watch your streams also and are alot of fun to watch.

Hey thanks man. I try. I gotta step my reaction game up and actually learn how to block a lil bit better and hopefully I'll do better in tournaments.

Maybe I'll get top 8 with Sheeva...one day lol.

this thread right here help me get my sheeva to "ok" to straight up nasty... Most of my flawless victories are because of this broad right here. I actually main her and sindel and do quite well. Im going to start entering some tourneys to see where i stand in the mk ranks

Somberness

Lights
I needed to do 4 as soon as I seen anyone jump because timing it so GnP could hit was too risky in the lag.. I think one match against Detroits Shang you can see me start to do her kick but since her hit box gets so big he hits her anyways. Otherwise I'm good with AAing with that and 1. Same with uppercut.

Another issue I had against Brock was his JP's in the lag. So I just started doing NJPs.

Random GnP's I think that's just because I panic when I get crossed up sometimes.
Congrats on winning the tournament thing, I loved your Sheeva and also the other characters you played. I need to watch the replay to see if you played Mileena because you played every female but her (I didn't see the beginning and I was disappointed when it ended). :(
But yeah, impressive stuff, the best Sheeva I have seen and very helpful to boot.

Zoidberg747

This guide and those videos helped me so much thank you. Now im owning online with her lol, does anyone else that plays on a 360 controller switch the Y and A buttons? Ive found that helps with her B+2, 1+2 fireball combo since going from A to A+X is so much easier than going from Y to X+Y

212F1 BF3 D4 DF2 = 9% chip

If done 4 times, your meter is almost full. E.g, if you do 2 more low pokes you'll be full.

Hopefully I can update this thing soon. But I've also been asked to make MU charts for two chars, and I'm putting those ahead of this.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
212F1 BF3 D4 DF2 = 9% chip

If done 4 times, your meter is almost full. E.g, if you do 2 more low pokes you'll be full.

Hopefully I can update this thing soon. But I've also been asked to make MU charts for two chars, and I'm putting those ahead of this.
I can't for the life of me get the timing down for 212F1 GnP....or anything after the 212F1...any tips? lol

I disagree with kabal being the hardest matchup (still hard obviously)...the safest way, at least for me, to approach the matchup is "fireball spamming" with occasional ground stomps, what i mean is that u want to force him and bait graund saws and nomad dash, keep him (and yourself) out of the air and it's really not a terrible matchup (obviously easier said tha done)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Nice, Im trying to learn Sheeva currently, having her and Sindel as mains would be cool since they are both bottom tier charactersXD
I've seen you in and out of the Sindel forum...have you mastered Sheeva yet? This excites me because Sindel and Sheeva are my secondary mains behind Kitana...and it is amazing the insults/compliments I have received after ripping through people online.

Zoidberg747

Sindel was my main for a LONG time, so she is someone I can always fall back on. I gave up on Sheeva a long time ago though, sorryXD.
I think Sheeva can be deadly though, that is for sure.

The guide's talk about Ermac is rather false. Only a bad Ermac would play the way described. I main Sheeva, Noob Saibot, Jax, Skarlet, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, and Ermac. My best being Ermac and Shang Tsung. A knowledgeable Ermac will uppercut your jump to start a massive juggle ranging from 45% to 55% no meter. A knowledgeable Ermac will pressure Sheeva more, because Sheeva, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Sub Zero, and Liu Kang can easily outzone Ermac. Ermac's primary strength against Sheeva is his stagger combos, and no, I'm not just talking '3-1, 3-1, 3-1-2' which is what every half-witted Ermac would do.

Your best strategy against Ermac as Sheeva, is to make use of fireballs, and to be VERY aware of Ermac's anti-air capabilities. Use her teleport to get behind Ermac, and frametrap him with your Back Forward 3 grab. Ermac is a mind-game character, often a good Ermac will cancel out of a combo with a levitate, and hit you with an airprojectile if you try to counter. Block low against Ermac, as his only medium is quite useless. However, if you block high, an Ermac will immediately stagger you using his F-4 double kick, and frametrap the living hell out of you. Ermac is an extraordinarily good rush down character. All of his combos either stagger, or start a massive juggle, and they all can be interrupted to start a juggle. His 1-2-1 is not to be underestimated either, along with the 3-1-2, and with proper use, it makes poking impossible. Your only way to beat a knowledgeable Ermac with Sheeva is to meter manage to use her armor. If he starts charging his unblockable, use your armored forward grab, otherwise, dash BACKWARDS if you don't have meter. If you try to lowpoke, he can dash backwards and lift you, if you try to jump out of it, he can jump-kick teleport you, if you try anything else, he can dash forward and 3-1 lift you. Just dash backwards, and punish for safety, otherwise, use an armored grab.

As for getting passed Ermac's push, just stay slightly beyond jump distance, bait it out, and jump directly over it. Shang Tsung and Ermac's combined weakness, is that their wakeups are beyond terrible. You can easily jump directly over Shang's Soul steal, and punish. You can also easily jump over Ermac's push, and lift, for a JiP. However, some occasions when Ermac is waking up, it will reach you high in the air, this is usually because you are jumping and are too close, and too far from the safe zone around Ermac. When you knock Ermac to the ground, it is generally a good idea to immediately block, or just jump over, for the only way he can punish your jump over, is to use a teleport, and you can cross-kick it quite easily. Remember, your projectile enhanced, has armor, his, does not. If you get into a trading match with Ermac at fullscreen, just enhance a projectile, you'll absorb his, he'll get knocked to the ground or if you fail to time it and he blocks, it will buy you time. As soon as it hits, either jump teleport behind to reverse his controls, or toss another fireball.

Ermac's 1-2-1, hits high, mid, high. (punch punch punch)
Ermac's 3-1-2, hits mid, high, mid. (kick punch punch)
Ermac's 3-3, hits mid, mid. (slow kick kick)

^ Highly useful for avoiding his frametraps.

Also, some Ermacs, such as myself, will interrupt his Back 1-1-4 and instead perform Back 1, Forward 4, which is a sort of mind rape. You see, when people see his Back-1 when his fists are coming down, it looks very much like a medium, OR they think they are safe, so they just block high. Ontop of that, Ermac's F-4 when used in conjunction, is incredibly hard to notice until it is too late, so you get an easy stagger. He can also cancel out into an unblockable, but that just depends on your reaction time. Also, do not underestimate Ermac's standard sweep kick. A trick I do against Sheeva, Skarlet, Baraka, and Reptile, is to perform the sweep kick, wait until you are just starting to get up, and perform his hopping medium. Reptile's dash wakeup will go directly passed with no damage, his slide will be hit by the medium unless it's enhanced, and he can't low poke it, or tech out of it. Baraka can only use his chop chop, but no intelligent Baraka would do so, since it is incredibly unsafe. Skarlet can't do anything unless it's an enhanced slide, which makes it a tad risky. Sheeva can't do anything except block high, her back forward 3 will land too late and miss, her medium grab will land too early and miss, and her jump unless enhanced will be caught. Plus if you try to jump out of it, using armor, Ermac will have an already-timed uppercut capability to start a juggle. The only thing she can do is use an enhanced projectile, which is incredibly unsafe, and at the time, no one would really think about it.

So yeah, that's my perspective on the Sheeva-Ermac matchup, I hope this bit of insider Ermac info will help you.

Final note, I disagree that 'Kabal is Sheeva's worst matchup' as I gathered from the guide, Shang Tsung is Sheeva's worst match up, then Mileena, then Kano. Sheeva and Quan Chi if they didn't have one or two characters that they just simply cannot beat, they would be the best characters in the game. However, Sheeva cannot beat a decent Shang Tsung, and it is impossible for Quan Chi to beat a decent Baraka.

Its cool that sheeva is one of those characters like Raiden that just build meter with special whiffs because their projectiles dont zone very well

peachyO

Noob
It's very outdated. Don't take the MU's into consideration, and not all of the *new* combos are listed such as B21+2 AA grab. ❤
you're guide is absolutely superb...i am happy to see another sheeva-phile. :) i would like to contribute my sheeva guide. it is not as flashy, but it has some good information and maybe a combo or two not in your comprehensive collection. i hope it will compliment yours. here it is:

SHEEVA
jump stomp: d, u
ground stomp: d, b, 4
fireball: d, f, 2
untamed fury: b, f, 3
air grab: d, f, 1
low grab: d, b, 3

f+3, ex ground stomp: 3 hits, 20%
f+3, ex untamed fury: 7 hits, 25%

3, 3, ex untamed fury: 8 hits, 28%

b+1, 2, ex fireball: 3 hits, 22%
b+1, 2, ex untamed fury: 8 hits, 27%

1, b+2, ex fireball: 3 hits, 22%
1, b+2, ex ground stomp: 4 hits, 23%
1, b+2, untamed fury: 8 hits, 27%

f+2, ex fireball: 2 hits, 20%
f+2, ex untamed fury: 7 hits, 25%

1, 2, b+1, dash, uppercut: 4 hits, 21%
1, 2, b+1, f+3, b+1: 5 hits, 22%
1, 2, b+1, air grab: 6 hits, 23%
1, 2, b+1, dash, 1, 2, ex fireball: 6 hits, 26%
1, 2, b+1, dash, 1, 2, b+1, dash, uppercut or f+4: 7 hits, 28%
1, 2, b+1, 3, ex untamed fury: 10 hits, 30%
1, 2, b+1, dash, 4, ex untamed fury: 10 hits, 34%
1, 2, b+1, dash, 1, b+2, ex air grab: 8 hits, 30%
1, 2, b+1, dash, 1, b+2, untamed fury: 11 hits, 32%
1, 2, b+1, dash, 2, 1, 2, ex air grab: 9 hits, 30%
1, 2, b+1, dash, 2, 1, 2, ex untamed fury: 12 hits, 32%

b+2, 1+2, ex fireball: 3 hits, 32%
b+2, 1+2, ex air grab: 5 hits, 34%
b+2, 1+2, ex untamed fury: 9 hits, 38% *(stance specific; sheeva's stance must be opposite that of the enemy; best to perform when near a corner as the stance will not matter then)

2, 1, 2, ex ground stomp: 6 hits, 23%
2, 1, 2, f+1, ex fireball: 5 hits, 28%
2, 1, 2, f+1, ex untamed fury: 10 hits, 33%

ex low grab, dash, 2, 1, 2, ex air grab: 8 hits, 39%
ex low grab, dash, 2, 1, 2, ex untamed fury: 11 hits, 42%
ex low grab, dash, 4, ex untamed fury: 9 hits, 43%
ex low grab, b+2, 1+2, ex fireball: 5 hits, 49%
ex low grab, b+2, 1+2, ex air throw: 7 hits, 51%

corner combos:
b+1, 2, 1+2, ex untamed fury: 9 hits, 34%
b+1, 2, 1+2, ex fireball, d+3, ex air grab: 9 hits, 43%
1, 2, b+1, 1, 2, b+1, 2, 1, 2, f+1, untamed fury: 17 hits, 39%
2, 1, 2, f+2, ex fireball, dash, 1, 2, b+1, 2, 1, 2, f+1, ex untamed fury: 18 hits, 50%

x-rays:
f+3, x-ray: 5 hits, 36%
1, b+2, x-ray: 6 hits, 37%
2, 1, 2, x-ray: 7 hits, 37%
4, x-ray: 6 hits, 41% (it will register as 2 seperate combos, but it is a reset; the x-ray is guaranteed to hit)

massive, brutal, and immensely powerful, sheeva is the tank of mortal kombat; a powerhouse fighter who sacrifices speed for the ability to outmuscle any opponent in seconds. sheeva has the game’s most damaging throw and projectile, strongest regular combos, and mightiest special moves. most of those special moves are unblockable, and all but one have armor when enhanced. her x-ray is unblockable as well, and can hit from anywhere onscreen. sheeva can drain over 1/3 of an opponent’s meter in only 3 hits.

as dangerous as she is, however, the shokan is also vulnerable; she is the slowest character in the game, and must therefore rely on her unblockables and armor to avoid being outmaneuvered and quickly beaten. her strikes and special moves have poor start-up and recovery times and are easy to punish if missed. her x-ray has very few combo opportunities. because she is so slow on the draw, it is especially important for sheeva players to employ certain strategies to compensate for it and to create opportunities to take advantage of her overwhelming power.

first, do not be overly concerned about saving meter for an x-ray. sheeva can equal or exceed her x-ray combo damage using little or no meter; she will need her meter instead to armor her special moves. second, remember to center sheeva’s offensive attacks on her untamed fury throw. it is the most devastating special move in the game, removing a fifth of your enemy’s life bar by itself. it can link into nearly every one of sheeva’s regular combos, and the enhanced version’s armor will pass through any attacks. you can also aim which direction you wish to hurl your foe after the attack.

similarly, her jump stomp can also be aimed, and is unblockable. when enhanced, it too has armor. though it can’t be used in combos, it is a most crucial, effective weapon and sheeva should use it both to avoid corners and to crush her victims. take care not to abuse it however, as it is punishable when missed. mix it up with her ground stomp, which is also unblockable. the stomp works best in combos, against blocking opponents, or from far range. the enhanced stomp does double damage and hits twice.

also, remember that trading projectiles is usually a safe tactic with sheeva. her fireball is the strongest in mk, especially if enhanced, so you will inflict much more damage than you suffer. the regular fireball hits high, and the enhanced one, which is also armored, hits mid, effectively foiling ducking or low blocking opponents.

should a foe grow weary of this long range assault and decide to jump, you can neatly counter it with an air throw. the air throw can also be used offensively in combos. like most of sheeva’s moves, the enhanced variety is armored and significantly stronger, making it even safer to use.
never forget to make frequent use of sheeva’s regular f+3 attack, a low-hitting kick which can link into any special move. f+3 is the best tactic for causing opponents to low block, which is the position they must be in to be victimized by sheeva’s unblockable low grab. it is from the low grab that sheeva’s most destructive combos start, so the f+3 kick is doubly useful: either the foe must low block and risk getting caught by the low grab, or the kick will land and open up a variety of damaging attacks. lastly, learn to skillfully start sheeva’s combos with a jump-in ounch at every possible chance. it’s a good tactic for all characters, but especially for her; all kombatants‘ jump punches are the same speed, so it will negate her slowness and allow her to land her fierce combos. remain aware of sheeva’s one weakness (her lack of speed) and learn to judge the best times to enhance her special moves. once you have learned her tricks, sheeva will put on quite the show and be an absolute nightmare for any player to have to face.