What's new

SHEEVA Combo Thread

NoDoubt

nasty
I figured we can use the sheeva info thread to strategize and test out combos while we can post all definite strings/juggles in this thread and organize each set with number of hits, damage and area performed. I'll start off with all the basics + some good ones found including ones in that combo video.

Please only post combos here

MIDSCREEN

F+3, DF+2 = 15% 2 hits
F+3, DB+4 = 12% 2 hits
F+3, BF+3 = 21% 8 hits

3+3, cancel BF+3 = 24% 9 hits

B+2, 1+2, DF+2 = 26% 3 hits

1, 2, B+1, jump+4 = 15% 4 hits
1, 2, B+1, dash+1, BF+3 = 25% 11 hits
1, 2, B+1, DF+1 = 20% 6 hits
1, 2, B+1, 2, 1, 2, BF+3 = 27% 13 hits
1, 2, B+1, dash+4, BF+3 = 28% 11 hits

2, 1, 2, F+1, cancel BF+3 = 28% 11 hits

DB+3, 3+3 = 22% 4 hits
DB+3, F+2, B+1 = 25% 4 hits
DB+3, B+2, 1+2 = 27% 4 hits
DB+3, B+1, 2, BF+3 = 30% 11 hits
DB+3, B+2, 1+2, DF+2 = 38% 5 hits
DB+3, step forward, neutral U+1/2, B+2, 1+2, DF+2 = 41% 6 hits
DB+3, B+2, 1+2, BF+3 = 43% 11 hits

CORNER

B+2, 1+2, BF+3 = 31% 9 hits
B+1, 2, 1+2, BF+3 = 29% 10 hits
1, 2, B+1, 1, 2, B+1, 1, DF+1 = 26% 10 hits
1, 2, B+1, 1, 2, B+1, 2, 1, 2, DF+1 = 28% 12 hits
1, 2, B+1, 1, 2, B+1, 2, 1, 2, F+1, cancel BF+3 = 33% 17 hits
1, 2, B+1, U+1/2, B+2, 1+2, BF+3 = 39% 13 hits
DB+3, 3+3, cancel BF+3 = 33% 11 hits
DB+3, B+1, 2, 1+2, BF+3 = 36% 12 hits
DB+3, 1, 2, B+1, 2, 1, 2, F+1, cancel BF+3 = 40% 16 hits
DB+3, neutral U+1/2, B+2, 1+2, BF+3 = 47% 12 hits

X-RAY COMBOS

2, 1, 2, cancel L2+R2 = 36% 7 hits

***COMBO CREDITS***

(in developement)

Gast

Noob
Aaah damn, I was planning on making a Kombo Kompilation thread today actually, I guess you beat me to it haha. I think we should have a bit more detailed situations for every combo, like Anti air, With your back to the corner etc.

NoDoubt

nasty
Absolutely. Just post away and make sure you list damage, number of hits + situation and I will update my post accordingly.

sorry I bet all of us were plannin to compile lol. Nonetheless I feel Sheeva has some serious potential if used in the right hands. She may be low tier, but in my opinion...its the difficulty of using her and the strategizing that make her so. You cant just rush people down with fancy strings and easy pop up combos, she takes more effort and patience.

people thought i was joking when i said im usin sheeva. no joke.

Gast

Noob
I think the sheeva guide needs a bit of an update too. Or well, some early stuff at least. There are still a lot we dont know about Sheeva and Tag Mode is still a big unexplored territory.

Anyway, I´ll go over everything I know about Sheeva tomorrow and post everything thats not on the list and maybe some properties on the combos too, like setups for throws or anti-air. But I think you got everything on there actually so I´ll go over the properties at least!

Gast

Noob
Well, a lot of the combos featured in the video were already known. I posted the xray setup and the throw setups for example. Also most combo compilations on other chars dont seem to have credit attributed to players that discovered it. I certainly didn´t expect any credit for finding a lot of the stuff about Sheeva since someone else would probably find it instead sooner or later. I apologize if I sound like an ass or something but it´s just how I feel.

Anyway you missed one of her more damaging mid-screen combos, 1, 2, B1, dash, 4, BF3. It pushes somewhat far, since the ender is the grab n punch and it does 28% damage. Honestly though, I think it´s redundant since four-way into grab n punch does exactly as much damage and four-way seem like a better string than shokan fury. Then again you posted 1, 2, B+1, jump+4 = 15% 4 hits which seem kinda pointless as far as I can see so let´s put it there for completions sake I guess. Put 2, 1, 2, F1, BF3 on there too, it´s Four Way into grab n punch.

Gast

Noob
HAH! I´m sorry Urichinan, I´m such a jackass. In writing my previous post, I completely forgot I credited myself to most combos found in my tag thread! Guess I´m a total hypocrite now, haha. I think my original intention was that if someone posted a combo in the thread, I would give credit to the person that posted it in the thread or if it was featured in a video. I think that you should get credit for any combos you found that wasn´t already posted in the sheeva info threads and I know a couple of the corner juggles you showed wasn´t posted. Anyway, sorry for hassling you, let´s get back to posting combos.

NoDoubt

nasty
I have no problem crediting whoever found combos but I need to know the best way to organize this so the combos arent over-flooded by credits next to them. Should I number the combos and then use a key at the bottom to refer to which ones were found by whom? kinda like a legend key.

Its also difficult in a way cuz many of us found combos at the same time lol. So aside from the video combos, who knows who exactly discovered what first but lemme know and ill do my best to credit as good as I can

* ill also try to refer to the sheeva info thread to dig out who posted what first perhaps...this seems fair? I know I personally discovered things fighting sheeva on expert and tying in the computers shit with my own

Gast

Noob
Brainless combinations like Quad Toss into fireball or Four Way into Grab n Punch dont really need any credit, since its just string -> special move, no fancy schmancy stuff there. I think we should go over the sheeva info thread and find all the combos posted there, then give credit to the person that posted them? Stuff thats featured in Urichinans video thats not posted should be credited to him then? Maybe we should have like an indicator saying that the credits posted are not necessarily the person that invented the combo, but brought it to public light? Iunno, seems tough to find a system that seems truly fair when giving credit.

NoDoubt

nasty
Yea itll be tough but as soon as its figured out ill edit.for now I put in development for credits.

here's another little corner juggle: *back against wall*, DB+3, B+1, 2, 1+2, BF+3 = 36% 12 hits

mid screen option: DB+3, B+1, 2, BF+3 = 30% 11 hits

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I´ve just found that XRAY can combo cancelling F+3 before: 36% damage. 5 hits
It´s nice because it´s fast, easy and you hit low first

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Is there any other way to cancel other than dash? I've tried to cancel certain things, and failed miserably. I wept. shortly thereafter.

EDIT: To elaborate, after watching the video, I've seen a lot of 2,1,2,<1 into the command grab and other things. Maybe I just never really tried dashing after that, but I usually can't get other moves in after...

Is there any other way to cancel other than dash? I've tried to cancel certain things, and failed miserably. I wept. shortly thereafter.

EDIT: To elaborate, after watching the video, I've seen a lot of 2,1,2,<1 into the command grab and other things. Maybe I just never really tried dashing after that, but I usually can't get other moves in after...
You can't dash for combos where she laughs afterwords, they have to end in a special move.

Gast

Noob
Kinda makes you wonder what the point of those laughs were : P

B2, 1+2 into BF3 is impossible outside of the corner btw. Add mid-screen jump-in 1/2, 2, 1, 2, F1, BF3 12 hits for 31%, 34% if EX.

Add B1, 2, BF3 as a midscreen combo, 9 hits for 22%, 24% if EX throw. There´s also B1, 2, DF2 but its kinda pointess. Its 3 hits for 16% damage if you want to add it anyways. Add B1, 2, 1+2, DB3 as a on low block guaranteed low throw setup. Add F2, BF3 as a mid-screen comboo, 8 hits for 21%.24% if EX.

NoDoubt

nasty
Yea i figured that combo was corner only cuz i was testing it and thinkin maybe I was not doing something right lol. fixed.

I figure many ground combos can be jump punched so maybe I can add under each section of combos what damage is added IF jump punch 1/2 started to outline each area instead of posting individual combo strings with the jump punch added before it, thatll be too much. same for the EX combos. I can add a key at the bottom for each EX special add ect into string maybe.

I think we need to find more combos that string into her X ray as well...maybe even corner-trap combos into Xrays

Gast

Noob
There are some on block "setups" but they are not guaranteed. Mainly if the opponent blocks the B1, 2, 1+2 string which leaves them in huge blockstun. It makes the xray impossible to punish unless they jump it, so I´m pretty sure no grounded move can beat her out of it.

I've done b+1, 1+2, b,f+3 at mid screen in training as well but it's been VERY inconsistent. Plus I think it's character dependent as well.

Honestly I just go for the fireball instead unless I'm in the corner.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I have done the B+2,1+2,BF3 =31% midsreen without problem in training....at least in training you dont need to be cornered
The combo is not consistent. I may be wrong, but from what I'm seeing so far, the 1+2 has a VERY SMALL window of delay. If you hit the 1+2 at the last moment, it lifts them up lower from the ground (due to it landing later from the B+2). From there, you have to do BF3 as fast as you can afterwards so the cancel triggers immediately after the 1+2 hits so it connects before they hit the peak of the 1+2 launch. This is especially important after the crouch throw.

For this reason and the inconsistent hitboxes between characters, I don't use BF3 at all, even at the wall, as I find it just flat out inconsistent. I stick with the DF2 in mid stage and just avoid B+2, 1+2 completely, even though it is her most damaging string, when near the walls.

NoDoubt

nasty
Yes its inconsistent and character dependant. She can only land that BF3 on certain characters and not all the time. Regardless I can do it all the time in the corner so ill leave it in that area.

Its frustrating that her tele-stomp cant be included in any strings that iv tried so far. You can cancel her laughs with that move after a quad toss or 2 1 2 F+1 but it just never hits even when she lands on them lol...guess its just a tad too slow. Shit if it did work though, it would be epic stuff in the corner and always add another 10% to strings.

Gast

Noob
Oh I actually didn´t know you could delay the quad toss! Gives me some ideas. I still don´t seem to be able to land the toss into BF3 mid-screen though. It doesen´t seem to be working on Cyrax, Kung Lao or Sub-Zero.

Would be cool if ground pound or stomp hit OTG yeah.

One thing I found was that you can actually connect a neutral jump pop-up after a mid-screen DB3. Gravity scaling might make Quad toss into DB3 work afterwards mid-screen.

Edit: DB3, step forward, NJ1/2, b2, 1+2, DF2 6 hits 41% damage works mid-screen. BF3 seem to be character specific to land.