What's new

Match Footage Shazam's Day Off

So I decided to pick up this guy on a whim. I have what seems to be a hard on for using characters no one uses. Now with that said. I know my Shazam play is amateurish at best at the current juncture, but the footage below was taken after 45 minutes worth of practice.

Now I'd like to start off by saying, I should be utilizing more strings than the 22 xx command grab express. And wake up torpedo is not going to be the best option in a series of games. I know that much. The B2 seems to be paying off a lot for anyone crouch blocking and the d3 seems to keep people honest. I think I should use more throws to open people up to the mind games.

But my real question is toward ANY and ALL shazam players. Critique me, SHIT ON ME VERBALLY if need be. I want the harshest (realistic & constructive) criticisms por favor.

And no, NERFING KANO doesn't count as a viable suggestion.

Oh and Boon, I know the next DLC character its...

Gobblerr

Noob
Is there a reason why you use that BnB combo?

I'd suggest using these combos:

- Starter into HM MB > B3 > JI2 > F223 HM
- Naked HM MB > B3 > JI3 > F223 HM

These combos deal damage in the mid 30s, which is more damage than the BnB combo you're using. The more damage the better right?

Is there a reason why you use that BnB combo?

- Starter into HM MB > B3 > JI2 > F223 HM
- Naked HM MB > B3 > JI3 > F223 HM

I've been experimenting a bit and I find that these combos may do 4-5% less but allow set ups for me to get cross up j2's, teleport mix ups and keep in with d3s and throws. Its just what works for me. And the fact that given these lag spikes its MUCH more consistent to hit the j2 after HM MB. Also now I've changed it to a j3 after the HM for 30-34%'s without trait. I'd do the B3 but my timing on it always seems to whiff.

EDIT: After being out all day I came back to Shazam and I'll show you my newest stuff in the next post I make. I play a tad bit differently. XBL has been really laggy today.

Shawi

Noob
Why you using AT as a wakeup? Under pressure you'll get knocked right out of it. Also if you keep doing it (AT), vs top players, you'll get punished hard. Other than that I thought you did good. Oh and regarding your comment that you need to use more strings other than 22..........well that is the only one for pressure that gives you a HM followup, sorry.

So given more trial and error, I've found that Shazam's potential is currently staggering. With that said, my combo ender of choice (For online at least) will no longer be 113 AT, it will now be 22 AT or 22 Teleport for positioning purposes for the next setup. I need to utilize more standard throw and more A3 since the D3 is making them respect the overhead game. Also, recent offline experience B2 or F12 worked wonders. Will be testing tonight on twitch.tv/atlantakombat at 7ish EST.

Below is last night's online session with ranked randoms brought to you by Xbox Live.

Shawi

Noob
Why you not doing the optimum combo after HMmb? Use HMmb b3 ji3(or 2) F223 HM
Also you are completely over estimating your opponents matchup knowledge. They do not seem to know that they can interrupt the 22 into HM. That will change the game completely and render your 22 pressure useless lol.
Good Luck though!!