What's new

Match Footage SHAZAM: Video Thread

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I know it's been FOREVER since anyone has seen my Shazam, but he's still my favorite character!

I used him in a tournament last night (and it didn't turn out very well) but I thought I played pretty well, here is the footage:

Me (Shazam) vs FR Legend (Green Arrow)
www.twitch.tv/egp_krayzie/b/467824314?t=38m

Me (Shazam) vs Nubcakes (Batman)
www.twitch.tv/egp_krayzie/b/467824314?t=1h10m30s

Me (Shazam) vs EGP Krayzie (Ares, Catwoman)
www.twitch.tv/egp_krayzie/b/467824314?t=1h55m25s

It was just a fun casual tournament but at least I get to show some real 2/3 matches.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Nice matches vs superman. You can d1 him out of f23?! Also you should use the freezing pipe in the asylum like egp wonderchef does for big damage. Free trait into f22 combo.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
From what I've seen, it looks that the main problem with Shazam is zoning. And your opponents are sometimes very fair to go in instead of keeping zoning you to death.

Once up close, Shazam doesn't have particulary more options than most of his opponents and that's why I think this character still really sucks.

SteveRod92

Stevezam!!! :P

Here's is an combo I made up, not sure if it's new or not. But I figure I'll share. Hope you enjoy! If this is not the right forum to put it in let me know! Thanks!

J 2, 1 1, bounce cancel, j 2, d 2, j 2, 2 2 Herculean Might EX, Achilles' Clutch EX, 2 2 Herculean Might!

Shawi

Noob
Officially the weidest combo ever. 4 bars, bounce cancel, trait with a d2 and only does 58%? Try it again without the d2. From successfully connecting J2, you can go into much better combos lol.

SteveRod92

Stevezam!!! :P
Officially the weidest combo ever. 4 bars, bounce cancel, trait with a d2 and only does 58%? Try it again without the d2. From successfully connecting J2, you can go into much better combos lol.
Hahah thanks. That why I like the combo XD. Without the d2 it's around 63% Thanks for the tip :p

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
My match with Frantastic. So Close.
Damn really good match there. I've played Frantastic before in the 3rd strike days so I know how good of a player he is. There were alot of oppertunities where you could of used the background interactables instead of wasting meter with HM to get a B3. Like when you did D2 near the water fountain and instead of using the interactable you meter burned HM. Just something to keep in mind the next time that situation comes up. I know how it is when you are in the middle of a match, so I'd get into the habit of doing that after a D2. Like I said in all it was a very good match. If only you did a B23 for the last hit.
The commentators seemed so happy. :D
Funny you should mention that because he's the same guy that played Deathstroke in the second vid.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Damn really good match there. I've played Frantastic before in the 3rd strike days so I know how good of a player he is. There were alot of oppertunities where you could of used the background interactables instead of wasting meter with HM to get a B3. Like when you did D2 near the water fountain and instead of using the interactable you meter burned HM. Just something to keep in mind the next time that situation comes up. I know how it is when you are in the middle of a match, so I'd get into the habit of doing that after a D2. Like I said in all it was a very good match. If only you did a B23 for the last hit.

Funny you should mention that because he's the same guy that played Deathstroke in the second vid.
I have yet to really practice to try the background hits so im not used to using them or the timing on them. Something i need to get used to at some point. But thanks for the suggestions.

Indecisive

Here are some of my matches at the break.
Me Vs. Jonitti.(I dont want to talk about this Match at all)

Me Vs. Jrosa(I mean dam)

Me Vs. Icey(He clashed at the best times IMO) Interesting Match actually.

MajinRY

PSN: MajinRY
Here are some of my matches at the break.
Me Vs. Jonitti.(I dont want to talk about this Match at all)

Me Vs. Jrosa(I mean dam)

Me Vs. Icey(He clashed at the best times IMO) Interesting Match actually.
Nice shazam! Got a question though, is there a reason why you don't finish the f223 before hm at the end of your combos?

Indecisive

Nice shazam! Got a question though, is there a reason why you don't finish the f223 before hm at the end of your combos?
The reason why i don't end with F223 HM or AC is because i just cant do it. I have tried and i don't know the timing for umputing the HM or the AC. I have practiced it but i can't do it consistently so i decide to just not go for it. So i either for for the 3 or the f22 HM. If i could do it 100% of the time i would do it though.

MajinRY

PSN: MajinRY
The reason why i don't end with F223 HM or AC is because i just cant do it. I have tried and i don't know the timing for umputing the HM or the AC. I have practiced it but i can't do it consistently so i decide to just not go for it. So i either for for the 3 or the f22 HM. If i could do it 100% of the time i would do it though.
Ahh fair enough, I thought it might of been due to consistency. You have to input it as one string pretty much, you should be doing the HM straight after the second 2 hits. It does drop sometimes unless you do the j3 pretty deep when it's off a raw HM or f22. I don't really see you doing the f22 reset into HM either it's always guaranteed if the f22 hits and if you get a j2 f22 into it it's 52% other than that solid play though man

Indecisive

Ahh fair enough, I thought it might of been due to consistency. You have to input it as one string pretty much, you should be doing the HM straight after the second 2 hits. It does drop sometimes unless you do the j3 pretty deep when it's off a raw HM or f22. I don't really see you doing the f22 reset into HM either it's always guaranteed if the f22 hits and if you get a j2 f22 into it it's 52% other than that solid play though man
I know about the F22 Reset. Im so used to JI2 22. I need to stop and do JI2 F22. I dont go for Raw f22 because im not used to doing it since im used to it being blocked and the range isnt that amazing. I also go for the 3 sometimes instead of the F22 because it does 1% more damage.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I know about the F22 Reset. Im so used to JI2 22. I need to stop and do JI2 F22. I dont go for Raw f22 because im not used to doing it since im used to it being blocked and the range isnt that amazing. I also go for the 3 sometimes instead of the F22 because it does 1% more damage.

most of the players there I think will block a jump in 8/10 or 9/10 probably. so ji2 22 (blocked to;ac/hm or HM on hit) is preferable imo... DSvsShazam = :mad:

Indecisive

most of the players there I think will block a jump in 8/10 or 9/10 probably. so ji2 22 (blocked to;ac/hm or HM on hit) is preferable imo... DSvsShazam = :mad:
DS Shazam is a 6 4 in DS favor. i know the MU well. but i know it vs only one person so i got used to his habits. He actually uses all of DS tools like J3 at me, his lows, over heads, guns etc. i dont know how to deal with a DS who pretty has his gameplay as only jump back 3 and guns. the reason why i walked a lot was so i didnt get hit with quickfire. Basically i know the MU well but was used to playing a different DS. I know this isnt the best excuse but also the marvel being loud for no reason distracted the shit out of me.