What's new

Shattered Alliances Part 2

I never got why that was free in the first place.
What, the trait activation? Because he was designed around managing his venom levels so that he doesn't go into withdrawal too often. If it had an activation animation then it wouldn't be safe to use it most of the time, so he'd be in withdrawal or untraited too often. Without venom he was total ass, so you'd have to pray that you get a knockdown and then use trait, which would then make his oki go right out the window.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I never got why that was free in the first place.
Because all his other moves were designed around him not having start up on that. If he did have a start up they would have had to change the way everything else worked.

I actually hope they change him up for 2 though and make him some more traditional pressure/neutral like Doomsday so hes not as dependant on guessing with armor (keep armor on charge and command grab only and F2/F2D at level 3) but in that case he would need a start up animation. I think if his new trait acted like GLs in I1 where you can cancel into activation and thwn cancel the activation into a special it could work out well and he would still be able to juice mid combo and juice while still applying oki.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
i know it's the Injustice universe and blah blah blah, but I'm tierd of WB's tendency of villanizeing Superman, with Batman always being the good guy
I think NRS has handled the evil Superman cliche well. At the end of INJ1's story, he still ends up saving the world (from himself). And it's looking like it's going that way with Injustice 2's story as well. Playing a more villainous role, but by the end of the story, he's still the Earth's greatest hero.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
i know it's the Injustice universe and blah blah blah, but I'm tierd of WB's tendency of villanizeing Superman, with Batman always being the good guy
actually batman's lost perspective and made similar mistakes before. like when he was too weak to save a trapped little girl or when he sat on the mobius chair.

its just when a god like Superman does it the fallout and redemption is on a different more dc universe wide scale

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
actually batman's lost perspective and made similar mistakes before. like when he was too weak to save a trapped little girl or when he sat on the mobius chair.

its just when a god like Superman does it the scale and redemption is on a different more dc universe wide scale
A glimpse into the mind of non troll shazzy. I appreciate these moments.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

its just when a god like Superman does it the scale and redemption is on a different more dc universe wide scale
What comic was the little girl from?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
@B. Shazzy

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff about "villain" batman too (i'm not a huge comic book reader), that's why i said WB and not DC in general. They seem stuck with Villain Superman, and it's annoying cuase it seems the majority of people all have batman boners nowdays... i blame Nolan for that

CrazyFingers

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff about "villain" batman too (i'm not a huge comic book reader), that's why i said WB and not DC in general. They seem stuck with Villain Superman, and it's annoying cuase it seems the majority of people all have batman boners nowdays... i blame Nolan for that
Batman of Zur-En-Arrh (the new one not the weird golden age alien batman thing) delves a bit into what would happen if Batman lost his morality, it's a fucking trip and a half tho.

CrazyFingers

But I do see where you're coming from about that. However in Injustice 2 it looks like they've hinted at Batman losing sight of what's right (Example, working with Harley who clearly is still doing shitty criminal stuff)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
But I do see where you're coming from about that. However in Injustice 2 it looks like they've hinted at Batman losing sight of what's right (Example, working with Harley who clearly is still doing shitty criminal stuff)
Harley is a bit of an anti-hero in Injustice, it's been a while but I'm pretty sure she worked with Batman and whatnot in the insurgency. I do think that's where they are going to go with Batman though.