What's new

Shao's Taunt vs. Shang's Vile Sorcery

Gaxkang

Banned
The two moves do like the same stuff, buff your damage or debuff opponent's damage.

Shang's is faster and more useable I think tho.

Really makes ya think what they were thinking with Shao... :rolleyes:

But maybe Shang is a preview of what Shao's taunt could become after a massive balance patch?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Hopefully. I was hyped about the taunt but it’s unusable lol. One good thing is that most of the Shang towers I have played unlocked Shao gear as well. Somebody is looking out for me!

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Hopefully. I was hyped about the taunt but it’s unusable lol. One good thing is that most of the Shang towers I have played unlocked Shao gear as well. Somebody is looking out for me!
Really? I was avoiding Shang's towers, now I'll have to completet them. Which ones exactly gave you Shao gear?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Really? I was avoiding Shang's towers, now I'll have to completet them. Which ones exactly gave you Shao gear?
Not his character towers but the regular ones. I think the long timed one up now has Shao gear but I could be wrong. I played 3 Shang towers and they all had shao stuff.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Not his character towers but the regular ones. I think the long timed one up now has Shao gear but I could be wrong. I played 3 Shang towers and they all had shao stuff.
This long one doesn't show any Shao gear for me, sone Cage and Jax stuff.

The two moves do like the same stuff, buff your damage or debuff opponent's damage.

Shang's is faster and more useable I think tho.

Really makes ya think what they were thinking with Shao... :rolleyes:

But maybe Shang is a preview of what Shao's taunt could become after a massive balance patch?
I think I'm gonna vouch for dark priest on this one. It takes 84 frames to come out I think but the buff/debuffs take 120 and 130 to do. Granted you get access to an alternate easier KB that does guaranteed 35/40 percent but that extra second or so of vulnerability really hurts. Honestly neither is that useful without conditioning an opponent first to just sit there. On the plus side if you do manage to get it off, usually at full screen, it does put the opponent on high alert and may make them hesitate or overreact with a mistake.

Lol
I think I'm gonna vouch for dark priest on this one. It takes 84 frames to come out I think but the buff/debuffs take 120 and 130 to do. Granted you get access to an alternate easier KB that does guaranteed 35/40 percent but that extra second or so of vulnerability really hurts. Honestly neither is that useful without conditioning an opponent first to just sit there. On the plus side if you do manage to get it off, usually at full screen, it does put the opponent on high alert and may make them hesitate or overreact with a mistake.
After reading your post again I feel silly for not reading correctly. Shangs is more useful cuz it comes out is 72ish frames and he can start a combofrom ground fb so he doesn't even need to risk being point blank in your face. Also his projectile game is just leagues better.