What's new

Shao Kahn [Wishlist Buffs]

Hello everyone
I'm creating this thread because Shao is my main,i love him but, he's actually (a little bit:eek:) out of meta

He's not as bad as they say,he got good pokes like s1 ; d4 is a pretty good low profile hit ;a great sweep and a very good uppercut so..

Here my thoughts,let's get into it :

Basic attacks/Strings
  • F34 : yep,first one,make it special cancel-able,many people ask for it and many others replies F3 can be hit confirmed..it's not
  • F2 :from High to Mid ,at mid/close range i get punished a lot on whiff by smart players ,(Less range than Kotal F2 and 2frame slower) a change could be fair
  • Slightly reduce some string gaps overall
Recap : Shao's 50/50 is F4 plus frame based so,i can't complain more about basic/strings

Special Moves :
Shoulder Charger amp 2 (BF3+DR1) : make this activate on block(-12)just on paper..make this happen,at least for some extra block dmg,hit advantage it's not worth 1 meter cost to me
Merciless Spear (BF1) : slightly reduce frame disadvantage on block from -16 to -13(should be tested),since this move can't hit duck opponent on mid screen and closer, (D'Vorah projectile,maybe the slowest one, can still hit Kahn on a full screen trade)
Hammer Lunge (DB4) : Slightly reduce startup from 36 to 33-32(should be tested) this is for increase chance for overhead to strike (Terminator's Lunge move is faster,stronger and safer) just saying

Variation/Risen Emperor :
  • Up Wrath Hammer (DB2) : this one should be reworked at all,except for cheap death dmg and combo ender(safer dark priest activation)..pointless move imho
  • Dark Priest (DD1) : slightly reduce recovery from 65 to 62/60 (should be tested)good buff overall,KB deal very good dmg
Variation/True Kahn :
  • Ridicule/Humiliate (DB/DF L2) : reduce recovery (94 what?!) actually it's a sentence of death for Shao doing this move..please
  • Ground Shatter amp (BD4+R1) : slightly reduce frame disadvantage on block from -18 to -13(should be tested) no big deal,just some extra dmg, so amp version should be less punishable at least
Final recap : All data frame mentioned are hypothetical,that's why the( )
This thread could seem (a lot) but i think it's not about OP stuff,i will not mention 3d variation for now

I really hope to see your thoughts in the comments, thank you.

Last edited:

VELL1

Noob
I mean if they change even 1 thing that you are proposing in terms of basic attacks - that's going to be so OP it's not even funny. I'd love his F34 to be special cancelled, but that would be an incredibly strong tool. But honestly even continuing the string give you 19% damage, it's already a lot, so I can't complain too much. It's 10F mid, it's already pretty strong.

His F2 is like half the screen. It's already in insane weapon, if it's a mid, everyone is fucked, that would be his go-to tool, not to mention that his F24 (I think?) can be cancelled into full combo and it's hit-confirmable AND safe. That would be like the best string in the entire cast. Your changes are way to drastic.

The only thing I'd change is that he would get better KB. I barely use any of them in the game, in fact the only one that can be used is his Dark Priest one and even then the set up is pretty difficult. He needs KBs that are easier to execute.

If I want to really stretch it, may be a better range attack. Or a way to get in easier. He struggles versus those.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
@VELL1 The 4 in his F24 string is an overhead ender not special cancelable you're thinking of his F21 string.

@Zombie 83 I agree F34 should be special cancelable and if they don't want to do that at least decrease the gap some.

• Merciless Spear needs a bigger hitbox overall. It sometimes whiffs fullscreen not just mid and close distance. Characters shouldn't be able to low profile a mid projectile when they're clearly standing during a forward advancing string.
  • Hammer Lunge needs 1 hit of armor at top arc mid air imo. The opponent can jab anti air him out of it when he's close so it wouldn't do any harm except towards those who want to mindlessly throw projectiles.
  • Ground Shatter should be less negative on restand the closer you are to the opponent not based on the air height of the opponent it hits. The amp version is a gimmick it looks like an overhead but its a low so that's fine.
  • Spear Charge needs a wider hitbox overall. The amp version needs to be more safe on block.
  • Seeking Wrath Hammer should be a mid. Having another useful option to be plus on block would be great for Shao Kahn.
  • DIE krushing blow requirements should be based on any spear usage that includes merciless spear, spear charge, and skewered.
  • Scum Grab amp version could do more damage.
Everything else is fine.

Last edited:

djynn

hsu hao main
I feel like a lot of what Shao has now can be applied to just shittier versions of other characters moves. And while I don't think he should get to walk around with the best out of everyone's kits it's logical to look at these things and ask why Shao can't have them, especially when some characters rn are good at everything

Parasurama

Dragon
Hello everyone
I'm creating this thread because Shao is my main,i love him but, he's actually (a little bit:eek:) out of meta

He's not as bad as they say,he got good pokes like s1 ; d4 is a pretty good low profile hit ;a great sweep and a very good uppercut so..

Here my thoughts,let's get into it :

Basic attacks/Strings
  • F34 : yep,first one,make it special cancel-able,many people ask for it and many others replies F3 can be hit confirmed..it's not
  • F2 :from High to Mid ,at mid/close range i get punished a lot on whiff by smart players ,(Less range than Kotal F2 and 2frame slower) a change could be fair
  • Slightly reduce some string gaps overall
Recap : Shao's 50/50 is F4 plus frame based so,i can't complain more about basic/strings

Special Moves :
Shoulder Charger amp 2 (BF3+DR1) : make this activate on block(-12)just on paper..make this happen,at least for some extra block dmg,hit advantage it's not worth 1 meter cost to me
Merciless Spear (BF1) : slightly reduce frame disadvantage on block from -16 to -13(should be tested),since this move can't hit duck opponent on mid screen and closer, (D'Vorah projectile,maybe the slowest one, can still hit Kahn on a full screen trade)
Hammer Lunge (DB4) : Slightly reduce startup from 36 to 33-32(should be tested) this is for increase chance for overhead to strike (Terminator's Lunge move is faster,stronger and safer) just saying

Variation/Risen Emperor :
  • Up Wrath Hammer (DB2) : this one should be reworked at all,except for cheap death dmg and combo ender(safer dark priest activation)..pointless move imho
  • Dark Priest (DD1) : slightly reduce recovery from 65 to 62/60 (should be tested)good buff overall,KB deal very good dmg
Variation/True Kahn :
  • Ridicule/Humiliate (DB/DF L2) : reduce recovery (94 what?!) actually it's a sentence of death for Shao doing this move..please
  • Ground Shatter amp (BD4+R1) : slightly reduce frame disadvantage on block from -18 to -13(should be tested) no big deal,just some extra dmg, so amp version should be less punishable at least
Final recap : All data frame mentioned are hypothetical,that's why the( )
This thread could seem (a lot) but i think it's not about OP stuff,i will not mention 3d variation for now

I really hope to see your thoughts in the comments, thank you.
If f34 does not have flawless block gap would help too... and whiffing issues with jumping.
F2 was nerfed to be slower but was made high? I think if it is high - it is ok but then it should be quicker.