What's new

Shao Kahn patch 1.07 changes

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
So, I noticed with the dark priest buff that it will still go away if the opponent attacks you fast enough, even though you have time to block it. Like, Shao Kahn does 212, priest buff, has time to block a follow up, but just blocking the follow up removes the buff. I tested it against cassie’s Gunshot by just doing the low shot as soon as possible after the 212 knockdown and it removes the buff despite Shao recovering in time to block it. Anyone else having this problem?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I, sir, beg to differ. He goes toe to toe with foxy with pre patch kahn. That’s good enough to me.
all shao really got was fixes to his busted moves, and plus frames off of a 21 frame high that most people will duck. and his taunt and priest buff still feel a tad bit slow imo. Up hammer still trash and i believe that other special that hits double low is also still not really worth it.

all the other issues the character has still stand, NRS left the job half finished.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
all shao really got was fixes to his busted moves, and plus frames off of a 21 frame high that most people will duck. and his taunt and priest buff still feel a tad bit slow imo. Up hammer still trash and i believe that other special that hits double low is also still not really worth it.

all the other issues the character has still stand, NRS left the job half finished.
Yeah but he made it work with busted moves including priest. That’s what crazy about it. Now that it’s fixed he will be dangerous that’s all I’m saying lol. He won’t even have to try anymore. I will, you will, he won’t lol.

So, I noticed with the dark priest buff that it will still go away if the opponent attacks you fast enough, even though you have time to block it. Like, Shao Kahn does 212, priest buff, has time to block a follow up, but just blocking the follow up removes the buff. I tested it against cassie’s Gunshot by just doing the low shot as soon as possible after the 212 knockdown and it removes the buff despite Shao recovering in time to block it. Anyone else having this problem?
Yeah i noticed that. You recover before the move activates. Certain characters can still check you. It's at least useful as a bait for teleports. I haven't checked it vs Cassie but it may be that we need to pick and choose when to activate it.

I noticed it when playing against a Scorpion in KL. He'd be able to teleport. I'd be able to block and punish but not with the buff

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah but he made it work with busted moves including priest. That’s what crazy about it. Now that it’s fixed he will be dangerous that’s all I’m saying lol. He won’t even have to try anymore. I will, you will, he won’t lol.
i still really want f34 to be special cancellable so i can actually get some good damage for people pressing buttons.

I agree that they didn't exactly make him top tier but he has better tools now and he feels a lot better. I still think his ridicule moves are too slow but i get Dark Priest like 3-4 times per match compared to the 0-1 times I'd get it before. His krushing blows feel a lot better too. That 5% extra life definitely isn't nothing either.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
i still really want f34 to be special cancellable so i can actually get some good damage for people pressing buttons.
I wouldn’t mind that at all but I’m happy with the changes. Yeah it’s nothing crazy but it does make him play better. His gameplan didn’t change at all it’s just easier to execute his existing stuff. Like the throw KB into shoulder charge, what a fucking nightmare that was.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Happy with the buffs, but sad to say he still struggles mightily, stubby normals, high normals, slow normals, and now that almost everyone has jail off a d1 or d3 even kotal has one, i feel like shao kahn has been left in the dust

Happy with the buffs, but sad to say he still struggles mightily, stubby normals, high normals, slow normals, and now that almost everyone has jail off a d1 or d3 even kotal has one, i feel like shao kahn has been left in the dust
best s1

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so been using shao online and the verdict? you can sort of create this mind game if you get the priest buff, because people don't want to get slammed so if your canceling into db3 off pokes, you can make people afraid to counterpoke. but i was doing that even before priest was useable, now i can 40%+ for those kinds of shenanigans.

other than that? nothing really changed, the +2 off f24 is nice and all, but f2 is still a slow as shit high, if your trying to use it, its kind of a gamble because your banking on the opponent not being able to see it in time. you really need to use it sparingly if you want to even hope to catch people with it, and thats not even considering the flawless block gap that people have to learn to take advantage of now.

Character still has big issues with turtling players, anyone that plays very patiently or defensive is still definitely a problem, because your going to have to get in and throw and shao's up close strike throw game isnt that great due to not really having any sort of stagger. so you really need to hope like hell they don't see it coming otherwise your gonna eat shit. F3 is still an unreliable hitconfirm and f341+3 is your most reliable damage off your mid check.

really hoping next patch f34 is made special cancellable because at least then you'll be able to fully capitalize on when you catch people with it as a counterpoke or catch them pressing buttons when they shouldnt be.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
so been using shao online and the verdict? you can sort of create this mind game if you get the priest buff, because people don't want to get slammed so if your canceling into db3 off pokes, you can make people afraid to counterpoke. but i was doing that even before priest was useable, now i can 40%+ for those kinds of shenanigans.

other than that? nothing really changed, the +2 off f24 is nice and all, but f2 is still a slow as shit high, if your trying to use it, its kind of a gamble because your banking on the opponent not being able to see it in time. you really need to use it sparingly if you want to even hope to catch people with it, and thats not even considering the flawless block gap that people have to learn to take advantage of now.

Character still has big issues with turtling players, anyone that plays very patiently or defensive is still definitely a problem, because your going to have to get in and throw and shao's up close strike throw game isnt that great due to not really having any sort of stagger. so you really need to hope like hell they don't see it coming otherwise your gonna eat shit. F3 is still an unreliable hitconfirm and f341+3 is your most reliable damage off your mid check.

really hoping next patch f34 is made special cancellable because at least then you'll be able to fully capitalize on when you catch people with it as a counterpoke or catch them pressing buttons when they shouldnt be.
and make it 9frames

and make his other taunts the same speed as priest

and give us skewered in the Taunt variation and nto the useless low move that is so useless i wouldn't use it even if it was in the main kit.