What's new

Shao Kahn patch 1.07 changes

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
• Shao Kahn - Now has 1050 health points (up from 1000)
• Shao Kahn - Annihilation Krushing Blow recovers faster
• Shao Kahn - Forward Throw Krushing Blow recovers slightly faster and leaves opponent closer
• Shao Kahn - Merciless Spear does 80 damage (from 60)
• Shao Kahn - Shoulder Charger Down + Amplify startup is 22 frames (was 20), recovers 13 frames faster, knockdown advantage is increased by 8, and had its hit region adjusted
• Shao Kahn - Dark Priest recovers 17 frames faster
• Shao Kahn - Ridicule recovers 36 frames faster and the debuff now lasts 9 seconds (was 6.67 seconds)
• Shao Kahn - Humiliate recovers 36 frames faster and the debuff now lasts 9 seconds (was 6.67 seconds)
• Shao Kahn - Face Smash (Front Punch) cancel frame occurs 1 frame earlier and has 1 more recovery frame
• Shao Kahn - Warlord (Front Punch, Back Punch) cancel frame occurs 2 frames earlier, has 13 startup frames (down from 15), cancel occurs 2 frames earlier, 5 less recovery frames, 5 more frames of blockstun, and had its hit region adjusted
• Shao Kahn - DIE (Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) startup is now 26 frames (was 27), and its hit region adjusted, and can no longer be cancelled into special moves when it is blocked
• Shao Kahn - Takeover (Front Punch, Back Kick) startup is now 16 frames (was 19)
• Shao Kahn - Tenderizer (Away + Back Punch) has 1 more active frame, cancel frames occurs 1 frame earlier, 1 frame less recovery, and had its hit region adjusted
• Shao Kahn - Rage Strike (Towards + Back Punch) now has 8 more frames of hitstun and does a different hit reaction
• Shao Kahn - Will You Fail (Towards + Back Punch, Front Punch) cancel frame now occurs 3 frames earlier
• Shao Kahn - Bow To Me (Towards + Back Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch) startup is 21 frames (was 23)
• Shao Kahn - Fear Me (Towards + Back Punch, Back Kick) startup is now 28 frames (was 26), recovers 18 frames faster, when Flawless Blocked has 10 less frames of blockstun with reduced pushback
• Shao Kahn - Hammer Poke (Jump + Front Punch) had its hit region adjusted
• Shao Kahn - Fixed issue with Ground Shatter and Ground Shatter Amplified interacting with projectile destroying abilities
• Shao Kahn - Fixed audio issue when "Seeking Hammer" ability is interrupted
• Shao Kahn - Fixed visual issue with Hammer object playing incorrect animation when turning around while ducking
• Shao Kahn - Fixed issue with Forward Throw Krushing Blow not working correctly while the HUD is turned off

Discuss.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
dark priest is actually usableeee, has true setups into it now

don't know the other taunts by name but the point seems to just barely have a setup into it, while the laugh feels like pre patch dark priest instead just an outright dead move

idk if true kahn is now the stronger variation, but with that krushing blow actually put into play now it's definitely my new go to

Also, f2 has more utility with the plus 2 overhead and f2 1 not having a gap.

I love alternating f2 and microdash sweep as an approach mixup to catch ppl looking to duck f2. Now it has more potential.

Also s1 is plus 4 on block. That's wild.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I was expecting for at leadt some changes to the up hammer, similar to what Jade got with her run canceling for one bar to get addvantage. Also for the f3 string to be less succeptable to flawless blocking or safer at least. It seems like they really want this char to have the best midscreen presence and these two just don't combine with that decision. Risen emperor is probably top tier now andyhere is still no reason to play True kahn. Next patch I guess.

BoujieLuigi

Character Crises Main
I mained Shao Kahn like week 2 and 3 and realized he wasn't for me at the time even though he was fun. With my better understanding of the game and with his buffs he might definitely worth be revisiting. I love my big meaty boys with big meaty normals.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I know that they said during the Kombat Kast that they wanted to make Kotal Khan feel like you were controlling a boss character. Well, they were partially right. You do get to play as a Khan that feels like a boss character.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I know that they said during the Kombat Kast that they wanted to make Kotal Khan feel like you were controlling a boss character. Well, they were partially right. You do get to play as a Khan that feels like a boss character.
if by play like a boss you mean a character that only works if you have buckets of armor? sure

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Honestly this string is not as useful now. Youve a +4 jab, 5% more health and 500% off any punish. You need to touch them 4 times during the match. Why use an unsafe mid that leads to 20%? This is Shao now.
nah, trust me he still needs that change to that string, 10 frame mid, still his best tool for counter poke. you won't convince me otherwise that he doesnt need it changed.

Speaking of set ups into Dark Priest. It's a safe set up off of 212 or f212 or forward throw? Are there any other strings that lead to safe set ups? I feel like f4 or 44 leave the opponent too close to do it. I didn't get a chance to really check it out yesterday.

Also, the fact that 212 is now actually useful is awesome because i couldn't really find a reason to use it before.

Shao Kahn - Tenderizer (Away + Back Punch) has 1 more active frame, cancel frames occurs 1 frame earlier, 1 frame less recovery, and had its hit region adjusted

Does this make b2 any easier to hit confirm?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Speaking of set ups into Dark Priest. It's a safe set up off of 212 or f212 or forward throw? Are there any other strings that lead to safe set ups? I feel like f4 or 44 leave the opponent too close to do it. I didn't get a chance to really check it out yesterday.

Also, the fact that 212 is now actually useful is awesome because i couldn't really find a reason to use it before.
after 121+3 maybe? Seems like it pushes them far enough.

stokedAF

casual kahnage