What's new

Shao Kahn Oki Setups

I figured I would make an open thread for Shao Kahn’s Oki Setups in MK11. I’m still learning the game’s fundamentals so, not quite ready to learn specific oki setups yet but, I figured I’d make an open thread for people to post in and I can learn his oki setups when I’m ready.

ty lewis

Noob
B4 is gonna be key to his Oki. It's hit advantage is 28 frames which you need to pull off his F4, which is +6 on block. So your opponent has to either spend meter for a get-up attack or delay their wake-up to avoid pressure. From there you can mix them up with a grab, B4, or a hop overhead. If you're reading your opponent though and they stay blocking then you can go for the 44 string. Which will also leave you plus on block.

His back throw can also be used to setup F4 but it's riskier. They got 10 frames to hit you out of it.

F34, 1+3 will give them 9 frames to hit you out of it. However you can also go for his B4 Which has enough range to hit them which will make sure the F4 lands.

Last edited:
A good way to pressure is with d3. It has great range. I mixup B4 and overhead hammer with great effect. If the poke hits I either micro dash into B4 to setup F4 or cancel D3 into overhead hammer. Either is safe and it keeps my opponents from pressing buttons unless they want to get bopped because the stagger leaves me plus.