What's new

Shao Kahn needs mids/ranked variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously I love him to death and I'm gonna keep on using him but he needs a little tweaking. Definitely at the very least, a a second mid starting combo.
Almost all strings except one start high. So you just get poked or uppercutted every time you start one up. He can't out poke anyone (which is a play style I have loathed since it's disease spread over from street fighter). And the one he does have.....can't even be half way stopped or followed up with a special. Not to mention most are slow starting and very punishable.
It also doesn't help that his tournament variants don't even contain the one good ability he has: his air spear grab......
My kingdom for his spear grab......

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
@XxTheGoblinX Does pretty well with that one mid. Whats your take on it?
Seriously I love him to death and I'm gonna keep on using him but he needs a little tweaking. Definitely at the very least, a a second mid starting combo.
Almost all strings except one start high. So you just get poked or uppercutted every time you start one up. He can't out poke anyone (which is a play style I have loathed since it's disease spread over from street fighter). And the one he does have.....can't even be half way stopped or followed up with a special. Not to mention most are slow starting and very punishable.
It also doesn't help that his tournament variants don't even contain the one good ability he has: his air spear grab......
My kingdom for his spear grab......
Its a 10 frame hit confirmable mid that does 20% unbreakable damage, If people are poking and you block it theres no reason that 10 frame mid wont blow them up. After they see that you can do that theyll respect everything you do. But if you dont play footsies than yea your gonna fight d1, d1, d1, uppercut all day lol he doesnt need another mid he needs his dark priest buffed

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I’d rather have taunt tied to Up hammer and annihilation. Those are my favorite moves and custom variation. With taunt his mid string leads a heavy crushing blow if you can pull it off.

Plus make the taunt recovery a bit shorter. Still hard to do is fine, it should be hard to talk shit during a match but a tweak would be nice. Using f3 is fine to start good combos. It’s quick and has stupid range. I had to avoid using his highs early on, I learned that lesson quick. A standing quick jab mid for upclose would be nice for every character though.

Its a 10 frame hit confirmable mid that does 20% unbreakable damage, If people are poking and you block it theres no reason that 10 frame mid wont blow them up. After they see that you can do that theyll respect everything you do. But if you dont play footsies than yea your gonna fight d1, d1, d1, uppercut all day lol he doesnt need another mid he needs his dark priest buffed
He definitely needs another mid. The only reason someone would not want more mids is so they can low poke and play footsies the entire match. It's sa lackluster and stupid way to play, and was a disease spread over to mk from Street Fighter. Most characters have more than one or atleast the one they have isn't complete garbage for combos.

That one mid your talking about is part of a string that cant be cancelled out into a special once the second kick of the string is performed. He's the one character who is held down because of this.

And 10 frames isn't enough. Most pokes are like 9 and 6. So it's not gonna out pace any other character.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
i still say id like his f34 to be special cancelable. i know the f3 is hit confirmable itself but i want this for parries and plus being able to whiff the f3 then hit the 4 and special cancel it would be nice.

haketh

Noob
Not anymore, they fixed it. It registered as a low not a mid. Low parries used to work on it. Same with his d1. Both fixed now
Ah I didn't catch that in the list, haven't fought a Skarlet since so I hadn't thought about it. Oh well the move is still amazing & lack of a mid for SHao is not really a issue for him.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
He definitely needs another mid. The only reason someone would not want more mids is so they can low poke and play footsies the entire match. It's sa lackluster and stupid way to play, and was a disease spread over to mk from Street Fighter. Most characters have more than one or atleast the one they have isn't complete garbage for combos.

That one mid your talking about is part of a string that cant be cancelled out into a special once the second kick of the string is performed. He's the one character who is held down because of this.

And 10 frames isn't enough. Most pokes are like 9 and 6. So it's not gonna out pace any other character.
I think your playing the wrong character, maybe even the wrong game.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Would you care to elaborate or are you just someone who uses poking and footies the entire match?
I am someone that uses footsies and poking the entire match. Thats how this character, Mk11 and fighting games in general should be played if you want to be good. What would another mid do for your SK? If you lack the skills to use your tools you already have, whats the point of getting a new one?

I am someone that uses footsies and poking the entire match. Thats how this character, Mk11 and fighting games in general should be played if you want to be good. What would another mid do for your SK? If you lack the skills to use your tools you already have, whats the point of getting a new one?
No that shouldn't be the way fighting games are played. It's an intellectually lazy playing style that wasn't existent in MK until street fighter players brought over. There's nothing skilled about it. If you think crouching and poking to victory is somehow more skill based than executing a combo.....then your legitimacy as a fan is questionable at best.

How can you ask what another mid would do for Shao Kahn when literally the sentence before, you advocated for low poking and said it's "the way it should be"? If poking is the main goal to winning a match then mids are the solution.

Don't give me that skill and tools BS. If you've ever supported a character getting a buff or nerf (which I know you have) you have no credibility for this position and this argument is null.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
No that shouldn't be the way fighting games are played. It's an intellectually lazy playing style that wasn't existent in MK until street fighter players brought over. There's nothing skilled about it. If you think crouching and poking to victory is somehow more skill based than executing a combo.....then your legitimacy as a fan is questionable at best.

How can you ask what another mid would do for Shao Kahn when literally the sentence before, you advocated for low poking and said it's "the way it should be"? If poking is the main goal to winning a match then mids are the solution.

Don't give me that skill and tools BS. If you've ever supported a character getting a buff or nerf (which I know you have) you have no credibility for this position and this argument is null.
Damn were people just beating you online by mashing D1? Is that why your so mad? If you like mids so much play another character. Im just gonna assume your trolling lol theres no way your serious. I hope you check out training mode tonight

Damn were people just beating you online by mashing D1? Is that why your so mad? If you like mids so much play another character. Im just gonna assume your trolling lol theres no way your serious. I hope you check out training mode tonight
That's your argument? Really?

Low poking when it comes to Shao Kahn IS how I lose. He has no counter for it. But I'm not mad just annoyed with this fact. And again if you support any buff or nerf of a character, you're hypocrite.

Play another character? Why should I? Why not just advocate making him somewhat better? If you don't play him then why do you care?

If you think me expressing my opinion is "trolling" just because it has bit of criticism.....then you are the most normalcy biased person on here. You're saying because I think the game has faults, you have to defend it because your perfect MK isn't perfect.

Explain how exactly it's bad other than you not wanting them to buff underpowered characters so you can't use the same broken ass tactics against them. Please enlighten me.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Explain how exactly it's bad other than you not wanting them to buff underpowered characters so you can't use the same broken ass tactics against them. Please enlighten me.
People already explained what you should do and how to deal with the d1 mashers but you don't want to hear it so gg no re

People already explained what you should do and how to deal with the d1 mashers but you don't want to hear it so gg no re
That isn't an explanation. That's people who don't play this character, but DO play the characters that have advantages such as mids and less recovery time and can exploit an underpowered character, telling me to deal with it when they don't have this specific problem themselves. Especially in a game where people are crying for nerfs of certain characters. We're not all gonna pick scorpion or Erron Black.

Name one reason why giving Shao another mid would not be simple and would make him OP. Name one.

The fact that people want to play a high combo fighting game that's main technique is to NOT use strings that turn into combos but to mash crouching strikes and footies into victory, is stupid beyond comprehension.

It's a single mid starting combo. But for some reason, to you and everyone else, are acting like that's the equivalent of a full screen, unblockable, tracking, 5 start up frame, unpunishable special.

It's absurd.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
You dont understand basic fighting game terms, dont understand how to use shaos current mids, and dont want to listen when people try to help you.

Shao already has mid combos starters for every scenario, how do you not understand this yet? A lack of mids are not Shaos issue at all

Status
Not open for further replies.