What's new

Shao Kahn hammer throw pressure? Loop? Mindgame? Gimmick?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
better moves to use for combo enders, like skewer or annihilation.

still not worth using, believe me its fking bad, try to spin it however you like.
"Believe me"

Wow im so convinced.

I iust said it gives him safe jumps. Neither move you listed does that. Up hammer is plus 44 on hit vs 19 for annihilation. The only other way to get a safe jump is 212 in the corner. If you want to try to say safe jumps arent good go ahead and give me another reason to laugh at you.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
"Believe me"

Wow im so convinced.

I iust said it gives him safe jumps. Neither move you listed does that. Up hammer is plus 44 on hit vs 19 for annihilation. The only other way to get a safe jump is 212 in the corner. If you want to try to say safe jumps arent good go ahead and give me another reason to laugh at you.
i'd rather get more damage as you need to capitalize with this character every chance you get.
i hope your not saying the move shouldnt be changed.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Some setups to consider:
Midscreen:
  • 21 on hit cancelled into close up hammer makes the hammer whiff, but if they wake-up blocking the second hit, it's +1. If they U2 (which has to be faster than )/jump/grab - you trade, rolls are neutral and delayed getup is in Shao's favour. They can also wake-up normal, but they have to be 7 frames or faster to trade ith the flling hammer. U3 is invincible and doesn't trade, except if it's slower than10 frames, then it will trade.
  • finishing a combo in the corner with 12-close up hammer on whiff leaves you at +3.
  • Same setups at midscreen, except you are neutral. End all bnb's into 12/21-close up hammer for this to set up.
Damn, I'll try this out myself. Looks like sweet plus frames. The bnb I use will lose around 7-9%, but the plus frames look tempting.

Last edited:

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
I like to use it as something to keep my opponent on their toes, I find most people rarely ever see it coming the first time unless they're one of my sparring partners. Shao is all about the conditioning so every tool has it's use, even the rando shoulder charge in neutral catches a few players off guard.