What's new

SHAO KAHN FRAME TRAP GUIDE

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
j2 into 44 is not a true frame trap

it can be FB punished between the 4 and 4.

He legit doesn't really have any frame traps or staggers. It is all fake news.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
j2 into 44 is not a true frame trap

it can be FB punished between the 4 and 4.

He legit doesn't really have any frame traps or staggers. It is all fake news.
There are some legit frametraps:
j2 on block jails into s1, d4 and b2 on hit jail into dash~s1, f2 on hit jails into s1. But 44 you're right, it's flawless blockable, gonna get you killed.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
There are some legit frametraps:
j2 on block jails into s1, d4 and b2 on hit jail into dash~s1, f2 on hit jails into s1. But 44 you're right, it's flawless blockable, gonna get you killed.
just nothing in his video is real.

He isn't some frame trapping monster. He's actually really bad frame wise.

NothingPersonal

just nothing in his video is real.

He isn't some frame trapping monster. He's actually really bad frame wise.
I don't think he's bad frame wise at all. You can set up his plus frames pretty consistently, s1 as shown above, f4 from knockdowns, 44 on oki. Shao has options for sure.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't think he's bad frame wise at all. You can set up his plus frames pretty consistently, s1 as shown above, f4 from knockdowns, 44 on oki. Shao has options for sure.
two of your options are on hit... to which you shouldn't be frame trapping and just finishing the combo.

His frames are overall really bad compared to everyone else.

NothingPersonal

two of your options are on hit... to which you shouldn't be frame trapping and just finishing the combo.

His frames are overall really bad compared to everyone else.
B2 and f2 on hit aren't confirms, they're checks, they're not hitconfirmable. I don't know man. I'm using them, videogamezyo uses them extremely well. They work.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
B2 and f2 on hit aren't confirms, they're checks, they're not hitconfirmable. I don't know man. I'm using them, videogamezyo uses them extremely well. They work.
i agree with b2.

but f2? as a check? instead of just confirming f21? That is suspect to me.

I haven't actually watched VGY play top players against their top characters so I can't really say much. Most of his stuff i've seen is just KL and that is not a good testament to what the character can actually do and more a testament to how good he is as a player.

NothingPersonal

i agree with b2.

but f2? as a check? instead of just confirming f21? That is suspect to me.

I haven't actually watched VGY play top players against their top characters so I can't really say much. Most of his stuff i've seen is just KL and that is not a good testament to what the character can actually do and more a testament to how good he is as a player.
Maybe. He's got videos vs top players on his yt channel. I can't hitconfirm f2 into f21 personally, I don't think you can. I just either f2 to check or f21 to hitconfirm into shoulder.