What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
D3 on block at max distance into f3
You can hit confirm the f3 if the opponent tries to counter after the d3. (Most usually try too)
They can also easily just sit and block and f3 will whiff so keep that in mind but not like you can't continue with the string.
I doubt anyone knows the exact flawless block timing for f34 if f3 whiffs.

DarkSado

Noob
Why wouldn't it be? Nothing changed about F3 And it's not just "difficult" it's borderline impossible.
Notice that @Wetdoba just says he can do it consistently, doesn't post any proof when asked to. Says to learn F3 hit confirm so that you have a safe 10 frame mid confirm... Well, bad news. F3 isn't even fucking safe. So, y'know. There's that.

You'd think that any of the pro players that play Shao Kahn at the highest level of competition would be constantly using F3 hit confirm, since it's such a good and viable thing to do with the character. But, uh oh, literally none of them do... not a single one.

Don't try to learn the character with this kind of advise, please. You'll be actively hurting your chances of winning with Shao Kahn if you're trying to F3 hit confirm.
yea I agree I don't believe anyone hit confirming F3 not even pros doing shit like that LMAO!

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
yea I agree I don't believe anyone hit confirming F3 not even pros doing shit like that LMAO!
No one except this guy can do it consistently. Just don't ask for demonstrable proof. Just believe. Just practice it. Its totally viable.

Error404

Noob
Here is a super scrubby Shao mirror I had with some dude in KL. Got hit by all the mix and didn't hitconfirm once. Still won somehow though :D Enjoy

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Here is a super scrubby Shao mirror I had with some dude in KL. Got hit by all the mix and didn't hitconfirm once. Still won somehow though :D Enjoy

Shao is pretty fun to play when your opponent is also playing the only character that Shao Kahn can have a balanced match with.... Another Shao Kahn.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
Shao Kahn: "If my role in the next movie won't be BADASS, you will feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"

EDIT: ---
Even if the movie will be not what I seek for, I feel like the second movie of the latest animated one will be badass.

"Mortal Kombat legends Scorpion's revenge" one of the best animated movies I have seen.
(If you are an MK fan, you need to own this movie)
Part 2 will be called: (I hope)
"Mortal Kombat legends Shao Kahns wrath"

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
make his spear have enough hit-advantage so when he lands it full screen or 3/4 of it lets him set up a buff or make it a 2 in 1 cancel allowing to cancel into it into buff on hit.

remove the f34 grab and turn it into a command grab and make the crushing blow requirement after landing it 3 times 4th grab will KB and make f34 canelable.

fix grab KB

make f2 a mid

make b3 plus 2 or 1

make amplify scum allow the player to choose the side to leave the opponent
Well at least one of these changes actually happened

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
The buffs are underwhelming.

F34 has to be punished with U2 for consistency which is nice. Attempts to punish the string are stuffed by Shoulder and whiff with Hammer Lunge.

Ground Shatter buffs are nothing special. They dont make any part of F34 safe and the Amp can be jumped out of. You can technically read that and anti air them. The pushback makes the normal one kind of safe but F34 xx shatter is unsafe.

Hammer Lunge buffs are very nice to have. Having a new mid screen optimal is cool and the recovery does make his F34 at least have a mind game off it, though not a great one.

It's very obvious the idea they have for him is a mind-gamey, belligerent bulldog type. They definitely dont see him as a character who plays safe and compact. I think he's become more hype but not much better

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The buffs are underwhelming.

F34 has to be punished with U2 for consistency which is nice. Attempts to punish the string are stuffed by Shoulder and whiff with Hammer Lunge.

Ground Shatter buffs are nothing special. They dont make any part of F34 safe and the Amp can be jumped out of. You can technically read that and anti air them. The pushback makes the normal one kind of safe but F34 xx shatter is unsafe.

Hammer Lunge buffs are very nice to have. Having a new mid screen optimal is cool and the recovery does make his F34 at least have a mind game off it, though not a great one.

It's very obvious the idea they have for him is a mind-gamey, belligerent bulldog type. They definitely dont see him as a character who plays safe and compact. I think he's become more hype but not much better
I think the best part of F34 is that it requires your opponent to launch with meter now. So if they break and this is not an issue, F3 low hammer and F34 hammer is actually legit now because he can mix those up with hammer lunge.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
He's definitely still not great, but I think these buffs atleast Shao on the map. We still will have to see how he develops, but I don't think he is absolutely garbage anymore.