What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
im beginni ng to think sheo kang is not a good character...
Like... I don't even know what to say anymore. Don't let it be said that I didn't try to explain it. lol

If you guys want to struggle or whatever with this shitty neutered 80% moves useless version of Shao Kahn I'm not going to or trying to stop you. But saying that he's good or even remotely decent compared to the level of balance in the game currently is just a straight up joke.
I want Shao Kahn to be in line with the level of balance and he's like... factually below it. So I'm not okay with just settling and saying "yeah but he got these couple of things".. he needs actual, real buffs. Just being complacent about them is going to get every Shao player no where when apparently NRS has established that they listen to outrage.

Im tired of my main being the worst fucking character in the game and getting nothing every patch. And pretending everything is fine with this one when its not is helping no one.

Last edited:

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
he could at least have the decency of being usf4 dan
that dan wasn't half bad
Collecting plus frames that mostly will just loop into themselves or set up throws. Back dashing when you feel like people are gonna take their turn back so you can whiff punish. Light DP as a hard call out to blow up throw techs and low pokes works like F34. Honestly not too far away from Shao Kahn.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Collecting plus frames that mostly will just loop into themselves or set up throws. Back dashing when you feel like people are gonna take their turn back so you can whiff punish. Light DP as a hard call out to blow up throw techs and low pokes works like F34. Honestly not too far away from Shao Kahn.
As someone who put a lot of time into dan
even vanilla dan is better than shao kahn. At least he had LK dankyaku

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Yeah I dropped him a week before aftermath released. Hes not garbage but because F3 is so dangerous to use, Easy flawless block no other good mid, live and die by S1 D4 Throw Sweep.
Even against braindead opponents using Shao is just extra work. Ive mained him from release and im sick of having to work so hard and over outplay every single match just to get a solid win. I switched to nightwolf and its a breath of fresh air. I feel like im actually playing MK11 .
His customs are so trash . Im not playing Shao again until he gets real changes.

Pyrosis

Yeah I dropped him a week before aftermath released. Hes not garbage but because F3 is so dangerous to use, Easy flawless block no other good mid, live and die by S1 D4 Throw Sweep.
Even against braindead opponents using Shao is just extra work. Ive mained him from release and im sick of having to work so hard and over outplay every single match just to get a solid win. I switched to nightwolf and its a breath of fresh air. I feel like im actually playing MK11 .
His customs are so trash . Im not playing Shao again until he gets real changes.
I've had him as a main since release too, and I'm also fucking tired of it. Rambo main now, and it's like playing a different game having reliable mids.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Goro and Darkseid we're both pretty strong lol
I barely remember injustice 2 anymore but I remember darkseid sucking
Goro however, I vividly remember being absolute, total fucking trash. Goro eventually got halfway decent, like a year and a half after the game launched, but when he came out? He was basically the worst character in the game.

Pyrosis

I really cant believe that there are some streamers who think that Shao Kahn is better than Rambo

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I barely remember injustice 2 anymore but I remember darkseid sucking
Goro however, I vividly remember being absolute, total fucking trash. Goro eventually got halfway decent, like a year and a half after the game launched, but when he came out? He was basically the worst character in the game.
If you play stupid with Darkseid yes but the fact that he had Superior zoning a damn near instant ground and air teleport and basically a 50/50 jump in that led to damn near half your health
Was he top tier no but he wasn't shitty either
In my honest opinion in the early stages of MKX Goro was slept on he had a ridiculous armored launcher that also corner carried you almost half the screen, and let's talk about his plus frames b12u2 was plus sure you can interrupt it but if you saw the poke coming here comes punch walk again for almost half the screen Corner carry, let's not forget Dragon breath was +16 on block!
And on top of that they gave him a freaking command grab lol

kantboy-2

Ripper
I've been playing Shao Kahn since I got a copy of Aftermath so, my question to regular Shao players;

Would these additions to Shao be broken?

Last breath (F3,4,1+3) throw becomes an actual command grab. Give Last Breath the last hit of Merging Realms (1,4,2)

Dark Priest, but with it's animation reversed; turns the hammer purple and gives Shao 2X the chip damage.

Thoughts?

Pyrosis

I've been playing Shao Kahn since I got a copy of Aftermath so, my question to regular Shao players;

Would these additions to Shao be broken?

Last breath (F3,4,1+3) throw becomes an actual command grab. Give Last Breath the last hit of Merging Realms (1,4,2)

Dark Priest, but with it's animation reversed; turns the hammer purple and gives Shao 2X the chip damage.

Thoughts?
What do you mean by actual command grab? It's already an actual throw, it's just a high. Do you mean for it to become a mid? As for changing the options off of F3,4 any buffs you would give it wouldn't really matter if it keeps it's enormous flawless blockable window before the 3 and the 4... You get a full combo punish for flawless blocking it without spending meter to Up2 off the flawless block.

As for making Dark Priest a chip damage buff I don't believe that works with Shao, as he can't really constantly make you take pressure from him that uses the hammer. It would be something, sure, but I don't think it would be effective.

Pyrosis

If he had a command grab he would be significantly better than he is now for sure. Even if it only ticked off of pokes it would make him way, way better.

Parasurama

Dragon
Is it still as difficult as it used to be? The f3 confirm?
Shaos F43 will never be a fast, gapless, fully staggerable, free just do it mid like jacqui. You should have realized that when NRS made it cancellable 2nd hit and left those gaps there. It has to have the mind game attached to it or shao just becomes as dumb as jacqui but with hammer normals so even dumber. That string will always have mind games attached to it. I suggest learning the single hit F3 confirm that everyone refuses to even attempt so you have the safe 10 frame mid confirm or just drop the character and move on if you arent going tobuse the tools he already has.
still

Pyrosis

Is it still as difficult as it used to be? The f3 confirm?

still
Why wouldn't it be? Nothing changed about F3 And it's not just "difficult" it's borderline impossible.
Notice that @Wetdoba just says he can do it consistently, doesn't post any proof when asked to. Says to learn F3 hit confirm so that you have a safe 10 frame mid confirm... Well, bad news. F3 isn't even fucking safe. So, y'know. There's that.

You'd think that any of the pro players that play Shao Kahn at the highest level of competition would be constantly using F3 hit confirm, since it's such a good and viable thing to do with the character. But, uh oh, literally none of them do... not a single one.

Don't try to learn the character with this kind of advise, please. You'll be actively hurting your chances of winning with Shao Kahn if you're trying to F3 hit confirm.

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Why wouldn't it be? Nothing changed about F3 And it's not just "difficult" it's borderline impossible.
Notice that @Wetdoba just says he can do it consistently, doesn't post any proof when asked to. Says to learn F3 hit confirm so that you have a safe 10 frame mid confirm... Well, bad news. F3 isn't even fucking safe. So, y'know. There's that.

You'd think that any of the pro players that play Shao Kahn at the highest level of competition would be constantly using F3 hit confirm, since it's such a good and viable thing to do with the character. But, uh oh, literally none of them do... not a single one.

Don't try to learn the character with this kind of advise, please. You'll be actively hurting your chances of winning with Shao Kahn if you're trying to F3 hit confirm.
I like the idea of it. I remember getting it a little in practice when game came out but I couldn’t do it consistently

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I mostly just gave up trying to talk to rando NRS players about practicing stuff. I forgot the word "practice" is a big no no for NRS players, if something requires practice then its a automatically not viable, need to pick up and play and treat all characters like pocket characters that require no work.

Even K&M will tell you to actively not do Noobs 212, F221 link which isnt hard at all, frankly its embarrassing. Pros will tell you its cool to spend all day everyday grinding KL but if you have to spend 15 minutes in training establishing some muscle memory for an optimized bnb its a "waste of time"

So if no one is going to bother then dont drag me back into this shit, especially if youre going to just keep complaining about how f3 confirm attempts will just get you punished when you mess up as if you arent just doing unconfirmed shoulders already and getting punished for it.

Last edited: