What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
So, just wondering if this is a glitch and if anyone has mentioned this...why does the Dark Priest buff sometimes go away upon activation ON BLOCK?

I recorded the AI Shao to do 23~Dark Priest. I stand up as Jade and micro dash forward B2 and it never punishes Shao but sometimes nullifies Dark Priest on block...
If you block an attack before the animation is completed, it doesn’t activate.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Nightwolf's reflect effects on the emperor's projectiles:
  • merciless spear - the spear will only hit back from fullscreen (god bless hitboxes), from a steo away from fullscreen and closer it will fly over Shao's head (no pun intended).
  • up hammer - only coming down, but it just flies back up and leaves him at about minus 6-8 frames.
  • straight hammer - reflects as usual
  • air hammer - reflects back to Shao
  • seeking hammer - absorbs the hammer without any damage to Shao

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Nightwolf's reflect effects on the emperor's projectiles:
  • merciless spear - the spear will only hit back from fullscreen (god bless hitboxes), from a steo away from fullscreen and closer it will fly over Shao's head (no pun intended).
  • up hammer - only coming down, but it just flies back up and leaves him at about minus 6-8 frames.
  • straight hammer - reflects as usual
  • air hammer - reflects back to Shao
  • seeking hammer - absorbs the hammer without any damage to Shao
Man good thing NW is not a zoner or that would really suck for Shao. He still needs to get in to do damage so in the rare occurrence that you'll be full-screen F4 safely over to him. XD

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
+4 7f standing1? Yes pls.
I only ask because i'm pretty confident he can't jail after d1 d3.

Maybe he can but its frame perfect which is considerably stupid when you put all of his tools together.

Then again f34 no special cancel is also considerably stupid. He'd be at least high mid with just that change alone.

I have PTSD from being poke mashed AFTER I LAND A D1 or D3. Yes I know f3 is the answer... but you can't confirm that fucking move. If they're going to make it the only cancel it should do way more damage to his bnb like b2 does.

god i'm salty cuz he could be SO GOOD.

NothingPersonal

I only ask because i'm pretty confident he can't jail after d1 d3.

Maybe he can but its frame perfect which is considerably stupid when you put all of his tools together.

Then again f34 no special cancel is also considerably stupid. He'd be at least high mid with just that change alone.

I have PTSD from being poke mashed AFTER I LAND A D1 or D3. Yes I know f3 is the answer... but you can't confirm that fucking move. If they're going to make it the only cancel it should do way more damage to his bnb like b2 does.

god i'm salty cuz he could be SO GOOD.
Yeap. His d1 and d3 are +10 on hit, so standinf 1 is a almost perfect frame jail. Erron got a +13 d3 in the last patch and Shao didn't? Like wtf? He's gonna get it next time I'm sure, but until then they gotta kneel to the Emperor the hard way.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeap. His d1 and d3 are +10 on hit, so standinf 1 is a almost perfect frame jail. Erron got a +13 d3 in the last patch and Shao didn't? Like wtf? He's gonna get it next time I'm sure, but until then they gotta kneel to the Emperor the hard way.
What are you doing after a poke on hit? f3 i suppose? or b2?

I really try to HC f3 and I just can't do it. Not online anyway. I just don't like how strict and perfect i have to be to literally do what everyone else can do.

also do we have a list of pure reversal throw kb punishes laying somewhere?

NothingPersonal

What are you doing after a poke on hit? f3 i suppose? or b2?

I really try to HC f3 and I just can't do it. Not online anyway. I just don't like how strict and perfect i have to be to literally do what everyone else can do.

also do we have a list of pure reversal throw kb punishes laying somewhere?
F3, throw, f4, back away~f2/f4. Yes, there are throw kb combos in the combo thread.

Is there a list of moves we can reversal throw punish for that KB?

I gotta know cuz i never get it in game and i'm pissed.
I don't think so. I started one before this latest patch, realized I should include move names instead of just inputs, and never got around to continuing it.

Shao Kahn: b3, db4~EX, bf3 (close range, inconsistent), bf2 (True Kahn), db4~EX (True Kahn, in corner), db4 (Risen Emperor), db2 (far) (Risen Emperor)
d2 (flawless block), fatal blow (flawless block), getup/flawless u2, getup/flawless u3 (flawless block), hop 1/2 (flawless block), hop 3/4

Frost: b2212, b3, b32d1, bf3, bf4 (Frost-Byte), db4 (Ice Machine), db4~EX (Ice Machine)
fatal blow (flawless block), getup/flawless u2, getup/flawless u3 (flawless block), hop 1/2, hop 3/4

Johnny Cage: b2, bd3, bf4, bf2 (flawless block), dd2 (Show Stopper, flawless block), bd3 (Show Stopper), bd3~EX (Show Stopper)
d2 (flawless block), fatal blow (flawless block), getup/flawless u2, getup/flawless u3 (flawless block), hop 1/2, hop 3/4

Sonya: b123, bf1, bf2, air bf1 (corner), db4 (Ring Master),
d2 (flawless block), fatal blow (flawless block), getup/flawless u2, getup/flawless u3 (flawless block), hop 1/2, hop 3/4

Cassie Cage: b13, bd3, db1 (Digital Soldier), bf2 (Yaas Queen, mid/close-range), db4 (Yaas Queen)
fatal blow (flawless block, inconsistent on normal block), getup/flawless u2, getup/flawless u3 (flawless block), hop 1/2, hop 3/4

Scorpion: b14, b141, f42, b1, b2, b3 (flawless block), bf1, db3, db3~EX
d2 (flawless block), fatal blow (flawless block), getup/flawless u2, hop 1/2, hop 3/4

Jax Briggs: b1, f3, b2 (no or low charge), b321+3, db2, db2~u, bf2 (Hunker Down)
fatal blow (in corner or flawless block, very inconsistent), getup/flawless u2, getup/flawless u3 (flawless block), hop 1/2, hop 3/4

z Ruin z

Noob
I wish they would get rid of his other special moves that replace ones he already has. What is the purpose of spear charge??? Skewered I can kind of see, since you can launch on amp.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i wonder if NRS would entertain the idea of the f34 backbreaker string KB to be chagned to "ANY buff is active" rather than just the taunts.

That would be freaking amazing as well.

NothingPersonal

i wonder if NRS would entertain the idea of the f34 backbreaker string KB to be chagned to "ANY buff is active" rather than just the taunts.

That would be freaking amazing as well.
Then Risen emperor would be even better than True kahn. There would be litteraly no reason to play True kahn lol. I'd rather them make that variation better.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Then Risen emperor would be even better than True kahn. There would be litteraly no reason to play True kahn lol. I'd rather them make that variation better.
I agree but history shows they will not change those taunts to be useful.... so might as well make what he has useful.

Trust me. I'd much rather them fix the taunts.

But i'm not here to make "all variations good". I"m here to make a SK variation really good. :)