What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
It is quite nice to be able to consistently get his 1,2,1+3 kb and his priest buff (amplified annihilation to put them full screen and then pop the buff - not truly safe but it works a lot).

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I was gonna say, f3 is already damn near the most confirmable normal in the history of fighting games. Confirm that shit into shoulder instead of mashing 4 and praying
Lol you are so full of shit.

F3 is easy to confirm in training mode with zero stressers. Real match? Naw. I've seen so many people say they can do it easy in match, then drop it all the fucking time.

Knobbonk

Burn this motherfucker to the ground
If y'all spent as much time practicing as you did crying, maybe it wouldn't seem so hard. Level up, scrubs.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
YOOOOOO GUYS OMFG

SO NOW THAT 1,2 COMES OUT FASTER, YOU CAN ACTUALLY CONSISTENTLY LAND THE SPEAR STRING AS AN ENDER IN A N Y COMBO.

THIS MEANS WE ACTUALLY HAVE A USABLE KRUSHING BLOW NOW BOYS LETS GOOOOO

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
first off F3 is a difficult hit confirm to get down. i practice it all the time and only get it about 75% of the time in a real match. secondly have we tried using 212 to knock them full screen and using that hit advantage for any of his buffs? does that work? i havent gotten to lab that yet but i know it gives you a ton of hit advantage so something i was thinking of

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
YOOOOOO GUYS OMFG

SO NOW THAT 1,2 COMES OUT FASTER, YOU CAN ACTUALLY CONSISTENTLY LAND THE SPEAR STRING AS AN ENDER IN A N Y COMBO.

THIS MEANS WE ACTUALLY HAVE A USABLE KRUSHING BLOW NOW BOYS LETS GOOOOO
You can't end every combo with his die string but its quite humorous that you replied to yourself lol

Knobbonk

You guys understand f3 has 24 frames of cancel advantage on hit, right? Karin's entire cr.mk from start to finish is 20 frames. Comparing the two is fucking hilarious. Yes, normally single hit confirms are mythical things worth laughing at, unless the game gives you a move with a 24 frame window to hit confirm.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you guys aren't doing it right, because there is no reason something this simple should be so controversial.

Any time you do f+3, ALWAYS immediately input b,f. Don't try to confirm the hit and then cram in the entire b,f+3. Buffer the b,f. If you see the hit, press 3. If you see the block, press 4 (or block or start stagger pressure, whatever you want)

And before you start howling about how it's impossible to do this with real match stressers blah blah blah: it's wildly easier than breaking throws in tekken, and I can do that. It's easier than blocking snake edge, and I can do that. I can hit confirm f3 consistently. You can too. I promise. Practice it.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
You guys understand f3 has 24 frames of cancel advantage on hit, right? Karin's entire cr.mk from start to finish is 20 frames. Comparing the two is fucking hilarious. Yes, normally single hit confirms are mythical things worth laughing at, unless the game gives you a move with a 24 frame window to hit confirm.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you guys aren't doing it right, because there is no reason something this simple should be so controversial.

Any time you do f+3, ALWAYS immediately input b,f. Don't try to confirm the hit and then cram in the entire b,f+3. Buffer the b,f. If you see the hit, press 3. If you see the block, press 4 (or block or start stagger pressure, whatever you want)

And before you start howling about how it's impossible to do this with real match stressers blah blah blah: it's wildly easier than breaking throws in tekken, and I can do that. It's easier than blocking snake edge, and I can do that. I can hit confirm f3 consistently. You can too. I promise. Practice it.
Dude, just post some of your online games as Shao. No need for so many words. Just show it.

I think you are telling the truth but I also feel like you shouldnt devalue everyone else. Skillsets are different for everyone. Someone may not be good at confirming f3 but may have superior footsies than another.

Regardless the arguement is pointless let's just celebrate the goodys we have been given. I'm happy we can now get a reliable dark priest setup which will lend to more varied pressure.

Knobbonk

Dude, just post some of your online games as Shao. No need for so many words. Just show it.
Lemme get this square. You want me to either buy ps+ to play online or drag a capture card to my locals in order to make a video so you can

a) dismiss it because the opponent wasn't good enough or the connection wasn't bad enough or any of a hundred reasons that I know y'all will come up with

Or

b) realize I know what I'm talking about, lab it out, and walk away with a new tool that invalidates the buff you guys think you need so bad.

There ain't any value here for me, chief. I don't give a shit if you want to be a better player or not. That's on you. Do or don't. I'm just tired of cats howling for a buff that the character already has.

NothingPersonal

Lemme get this square. You want me to either buy ps+ to play online or drag a capture card to my locals in order to make a video so you can

a) dismiss it because the opponent wasn't good enough or the connection wasn't bad enough or any of a hundred reasons that I know y'all will come up with

Or

b) realize I know what I'm talking about, lab it out, and walk away with a new tool that invalidates the buff you guys think you need so bad.

There ain't any value here for me, chief. I don't give a shit if you want to be a better player or not. That's on you. Do or don't. I'm just tired of cats howling for a buff that the character already has.
Not at all. I just want you to show what you're saying since most people here disagree with you and shut them up. But if you don't care you shouldn't have started the discussion in the first place. So yeah, be well.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

enjoy the lack of MU knowledge while it lasts.

goodness the amount of punishable shit you do !!!!
I’ve been doing this since day 1. Made it to God in Season 1, and am currently Demi-God in Season 2. Remember this is online ranked, not an offline major. Gimmicks work and will continue to work against most people. Even when they start flawless blocking or anti airing jump ins, the strike throw mixups after plus frames is still a problem for most. Just think about how often d1 annihilation works even though it shouldn’t.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I’ve been doing this since day 1. Made it to God in Season 1, and am currently Demi-God in Season 2. Remember this is online ranked, not an offline major. Gimmicks work and will continue to work against most people. Even when they start flawless blocking or anti airing jump ins, the strike throw mixups after plus frames is still a problem for most. Just think about how often d1 annihilation works even though it shouldn’t.
I was just thinking about all the random raw shoulders you did that werne't punished.

that was it really. lol.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

I was just thinking about all the random raw shoulders you did that werne't punished.

that was it really. lol.
Dangerous? Yes. Random? No. When the opponent is backing up or makes subtle movement, you’d be surprised how often a raw shoulder will hit. Sure it’ll get blocked and punished every now and then, but for some odd reason a lot of people punish with d1 instead of a full combo. Sometimes the willingness to take risks catches people off guard when it’s #ft2boyz.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

While I’m enjoying the changes to Shao, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that I don’t think he moved up the tier list (to say he did would mean that he is now better than another character). Don’t get me wrong. I think he is better than he was. But I don’t think he is now better than anyone who was better than him before the patch.

NothingPersonal

While I’m enjoying the changes to Shao, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that I don’t think he moved up the tier list (to say he did would mean that he is now better than another character). Don’t get me wrong. I think he is better than he was. But I don’t think he is now better than anyone who was better than him before the patch.
He's mid now imo. He can stand against most chars.