What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

stokedAF

casual kahnage
What is this BS tower of time requiring Shang Tsung?? Locking my Shao Kahn gear behind it.
I loved it lol. I would beat ass with Kahn and then tag in Shang for the fatality to get the ridiculous “10 flawless rounds” requirement for shangs character tower

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I practiced a bit of Sonya and Jaykwellin yesterday trying to get a high tier pocket character for KL but they just weren’t fun at all to me. Who do y’all play besides Kahn? 98% of my matches are with Kahn so I don’t even know.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Don't like this change because I would catch people all the time with up hammer after this string:

• Shao Kahn - DIE (Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) startup is now 26 frames (was 27), and its hit region adjusted, and can no longer be cancelled into special moves when it is blocked

SOULWARRIOR 71K

It is now significantly easier to land a max damage kb combo mid screen (i.e. because of the quicker recovery on Annihilation kb and the closer launch of the forward throw kb you can land a s4). It's also much easier to combo into his DIE kb.

Ex. Forward throw kb - (microdash) - s4 - bf3 amp - walk forward - 1,2,1+3 kb = 572 damage for 1 bar (yes this situational because of the kb requirements).

Last edited:

DelilahKane

I’m not your baby.
It is now significantly easier to land a max damage kb combo mid screen (i.e. because of the quicker recovery on Annihilation kb and the closer launch of the forward throw kb you can land a s4). It's also much easier to combo into his DIE kb.

Ex. Forward throw kb - (microdash) - s4 - bf3 amp - walk forward - 1,2,1+3 kb = 572 damage for 1 bar (yes this situational because of the kb requirements).
I came here to say exactly this. It's actually a huge buff that the juggle after the throw kb is way easier now, before I swear it was 1-2 frame link lol

SOULWARRIOR 71K

I was gonna say, f3 is already damn near the most confirmable normal in the history of fighting games. Confirm that shit into shoulder instead of mashing 4 and praying
Since it’s so easy to hit confirm, I’m sure you have footage of you consistently hit confirming f3 against a human opponent right? I would love to learn how to do this.