What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

Any tips on how to get low-poke into special from crouching?
For shoulder special do DB3/DB4 let go of directional inputs and immediately do F3. Game will recognize the poke and the special.
For D4 into overhead hammer input QCB and doubletap 4 simultaneously.

All specials can be canceled in this way.

Oh and make sure you have release check turned off. Makes it easier.

Any tips on how to get low-poke into special from crouching?
One gimmick of the NRS input system is that holding a direction doesn't keep it in the special move buffer (unless you have alternate controls and input shortcuts both on, it seems), so if you have input shortcuts off and you're doing a db/qcb special move after doing a crouch poke from a held crouch, it might help to do the poke with :qtr so you can do do a smooth qcb after the poke.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
So Shang's got the same debuffs for the opponent as SHao Kahn, but at 53 frames start-up. I'm pissed. Also can any of you guys confirm if there is new gear for Shao? I don't remember Iron-Fisted Ruler/Unflinching Cruelty helmets and Sun Do Spear/Kharkorin Lances before.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Has anyone obtained the Royal Bloodline skin? It says it is aquired from ToT but i have never seen it and i ve been stalking the ToT for quite some time.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Has anyone obtained the Royal Bloodline skin? It says it is aquired from ToT but i have never seen it and i ve been stalking the ToT for quite some time.
I've only obtained 3 skins from ToT when he had one. It was once and I've never seen another Shao ToT since. I don't get why NRS does this. I see other character ToT's all the time. Anyway, I'll check it out and tell you if I have it.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
I have problems to put preassure into the other characters once i put them down because the better strings (with lows or overheads to keep them guessing) begins with a high like 1 4 2 or 1 2 or 2 3. So i don't know who to preassure without the high hit. Most of the times people wakes up touching something and i got a kounter hit because of the first high. I know i can preassure with f 2 1 2 or f 3 4 but once the know the string the block and i get nothing.

There ain't much to do but once you get your opponent at the corner(which Shao has good corner carry) you can pressure with f4/throw, f4/f3. Know that d4 jails into s1, s2 and s4 and you are +3 on block after s1 and +6 after 44
I have problems to put preassure into the other characters once i put them down because the better strings (with lows or overheads to keep them guessing) begins with a high like 1 4 2 or 1 2 or 2 3. So i don't know who to preassure without the high hit. Most of the times people wakes up touching something and i got a kounter hit because of the first high. I know i can preassure with f 2 1 2 or f 3 4 but once the know the string the block and i get nothing.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I used to hate his reversal throw KB now it’s the only one I can hit consistently lol.

I actually did pretty good yesterday I was proud of myself. I made it to master rank. I still lost some but it was close and I know what I did wrong. I think I’m finally getting the hang of it :cool:

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
My biggest grievance with Shao is that for all the effort you have to put it, there isn’t really a payoff. They should just remove the buff and up his damage.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
So after a some testing i figured out how to help people getting blown up by delayed wake up. after annihilation if you time b1 correctly you can meaty it and its only -6 on block you recover quick enough to pressure them after a roll and it doesnt screw you over if they delay their wake up. if it hits standing 1 jails so youd be +3 if they block the stand 1. wake up attacks hurt but its still a better alternative than waiting to see if they do that.