What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This is questionably intended, no?
Between this and not being able to breakaway after the pop-up Amp Shoulder Charge... Shao's got some funny exceptions :/
Regarding some mids being un-parriable, this is not a first. There were such occasions in MKX as well. Also what do you mean not being able to breakaway after shoulder charge pop-up?

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
@Metzos
Shao Kahn does a Shoulder Charge, (there's a gap to breakaway here), then on Amp he pops up for a combo... breakaway is disabled when this happens until the next hit connects. Works mid-combo too but it basically guarantees a free full-damage follow-up.

His f. throw KB only works if you reversal punish something. Special or normal. Everything that is -10f on block pretty much.
Yeah, that’s what it says in the requirements but it’s not working.

If I reservation throw Scorpion’s blocked Teleport it works, but if I reversal throw a blocked d1 it doesn’t. It still says reversal on screen btw.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah, that’s what it says in the requirements but it’s not working.

If I reservation throw Scorpion’s blocked Teleport it works, but if I reversal throw a blocked d1 it doesn’t. It still says reversal on screen btw.
Yeah cause d1 on block is not -10f. It is a reversal but not a reversal punish.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
@Metzos
Shao Kahn does a Shoulder Charge, (there's a gap to breakaway here), then on Amp he pops up for a combo... breakaway is disabled when this happens until the next hit connects. Works mid-combo too but it basically guarantees a free full-damage follow-up.
Probably that is intended. If opponent could breakaway there SK would have no way to do combo dmg at all.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Sonic fox saying Shao Kahn is good because of dark priest buff is mildly maddening. Now everyone is parroting him.
that whole segment was annoying, SF came in like he had some brand new perspective on Shao and he just listed off all the buttons he has that we already knew were his best buttons, except he called all of them "BROKEN" and then did a D2->dark priest as if there's anybody who isn't a geriatric that wouldn't immediately getup full combo that foolishness

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I've been trying to adjust my playstyle to focus more on just being good fundamentally rather than rushing for combos online and I'm kind of surprised by how often I overestimate my reach

winning on Shao is incredibly good feeling tbh I haven't felt this cathartic on NRS games since noob in MK9

RYX

BIG PUSHER
you guys think it might be worthwhile to end combos in Sweep for the position and F4 guarantee? I've been having some trouble getting it to land consistently without a 2bar juggle but I think it might have merit

RYX

BIG PUSHER
it's actually insane how little respect people give Shao when he's at advantage. You'd think after eating a F3 full combo for trying to poke out of F4 pressure for the third time they'd learn :p

I've been messing around with this kind of cheesy setup that's pretty good for baiting and punishing U2 wakeups where I just throw a naked db4 after a knockdown; depending on how you knock them down the timing is different but if you do it correctly you can amplify it and it'll beat out their wakeup U2/wakeup normal. It might just be lack of matchup on opp part but it's a pretty solid mind fuck for taking advantage of that ignorance. I don't use it often because once it's downloaded it can be punished, but the first and sometimes 2nd try have almost always worked for me.

Hello everyone, my main is Jax Hunker down, i am considering to second main Shao Kahn i love his skins and his design, which variation do u recommend me to use and can u give me some tips.with him, what is he good for?
Probably will main shang for sure... Any tips, video will be appriciated. Thanks in advance

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Shao Kahn skin in race against time in tot. I'll be grinding tot's like cazy this week. Get it while it's available, because they only pop out once very two years apparently lol.

How do you open up people, i have trouble playing footsies, his high starting strings are pain in the ass, when i want 14 they always poked me damn, i dont know how to open up.people