What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Spears hitbox and damage should be adjusted. KB changed to landing just one spear instead of 3

edit: spear should hit for about 9%-10% damage or so, to compensate for its startup.

Last edited:

stokedAF

casual kahnage
That's the issue. You're sacrificing damage three times in a row. Three separate touches to unlock a just ok KB.
Good point. It’s kinda dumb when you put it that way. I guess I wasn’t really thinking about it from that perspective. I drop combos and fuck up inputs constantly so I don’t even try to maximize everything I do. I see it as easy 3 button damage in the 2nd or 3rd round lol.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Hey there is a Shao Kahn tower up right now for the next hour or so. The brutality rewArd is called “spiraling out”. I don’t have that one so I’m hoping it’s the one we’re talking about. Go get it now!

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Spear is probably the worst projectile in the game. But the true crime is that his Kb is locked behind it and the un-combo-able 12 1+2 string. (Still my fav projectile and string, visually lol).
I disagree.I use it a lot. One trade with the spear and you're in on Skarlet. Scorpion can't wake-up teleport from full-screen etc. There are many uses for the spear. I use it a lot actually. It's not the greatest projectile, but it has appliances and purposes. KB tied to it is dumb though.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I disagree.I use it a lot. One trade with the spear and you're in on Skarlet. Scorpion can't wake-up teleport from full-screen etc. There are many uses for the spear. I use it a lot actually. It's not the greatest projectile, but it has appliances and purposes. KB tied to it is dumb though.
Its fine for trades, but it's Arc is horrible anywhere but full screen and it does less dmg than a standard projectile.

Kroaken

Good point. It’s kinda dumb when you put it that way. I guess I wasn’t really thinking about it from that perspective. I drop combos and fuck up inputs constantly so I don’t even try to maximize everything I do. I see it as easy 3 button damage in the 2nd or 3rd round lol.
Yeah, I understand. I had similar thoughts when I first picked him up, but it just isn't worth it. It is, however, one of if not THE coolest looking krushing blow imo.

i normally rocking the str8 hammer but when ranked no choice to use spear. it can be used but would prefer str8 hammer 90% situations. not a giant deal spear is pritty minor problem for shao hes got bigger issues

NothingPersonal

Its fine for trades, but it's Arc is horrible anywhere but full screen and it does less dmg than a standard projectile.
But its purpose is exactly that - to trade and let you get closer. It's not supposed to be used any other way. Not from close or midrange, not as a zoning projectile. If you see it as another tool, than you should switch your mindset about it.

Last edited:

Kroaken

But its purpose is exactly that - to trade and let you get closer. It's not supposed to be used any other way. Not from close or midrange, not as a zoning projectile. If you see it as another tool, than you should switch your mindset about it.
Lol I switched my character instead :p but I'm glad you like it.

NothingPersonal

He's super cool, no doubt about that. And honestly, it's closer to a horizontal shift than anything, but I ended up liking Kano more. Having my whiff punish buttons hit mid is nice though.
Funny. I switched from MKX Kano to Shao Kahn :D Kano is different from Shao though. Have fun.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
So far two of my gimmicks F4 if blocked I go into F3 shoulder most of the time I get this because they try to uppercut or do something else stupid one of my other things I've been doing is F34 are staggered go for forward throw also guys in the corner at max range don't be afraid to make them fear that B3 that's one of my favorite round starters but for the love of God don't abused it. One of the thing I've been doing probably not the smartest thing but I've been using his back throw a couple times followed by his forward throw to set up his KB. At this moment I truly believe Kahn is right in the middle of the list I know a lot of people say he loses to zoners but once you get into a certain range they have to respect your F2 and F4 not to mention his shoulder and on top of that he's got a damn good walk speed and forward Dash in my opinion so far this is my findings as I am immensely enjoying Kahn which is funny because he reminds me a lot of Goro
Anyways guys let's keep growing and make sure everyone Will Feel His Power!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
big ass hammer guy all about his hammer strongest combos involve barely using the hammer

dark times indeed my friends

shao kahns dark priest and taunt should have the same speed as barakas war banner regular planting its perfect timing you can punish it but it its not so slow that u get smashed every single time even by a super easy npc lol

Last edited:

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
big ass hammer guy all about his hammer strongest combos involve barely using the hammer

dark times indeed my friends
Dude what are you talking about 2 3 BF3amp Jip2 32 Db3 try that, and count how many times he hits him with the hammer I count seven hits with the hammer

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
His Spear KB is dumb as hell... 3 for mediocre damage. Not to mention you probably traded damage on at least 2 out of 3 of those in the first place. So if you add it all up, risk is wayyyyy over reward.