What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

ty lewis

Noob
Did up my big Shao kahn thang:

Timestamps in the video description if you wanna skip around, since its long.
Should have added in the importance of Standing 4 in the coverage of his notable normals. It's the best filler for his combos due to the raw damage and is also the most optimal punish for unsafe moves on block. If you block a scorpion teleport, sub-zero slide, etc. you use standing 4.

You also missed his Hop Overhead. hop overhead 1 and 2 is 13 frames and has great range. 3 and 4 version starts in 8 frames which is pretty great but requires you to be up close. Both of them are key for Shao Kahn's pressure game due to his weak overheads in those strings and the hop overhead is pretty easy to set-up. However you gotta be careful with it as it is punishable. So use it if your opponent is blocking your B4 and D4.

Outside of those 2 things you pretty much nailed Shao Kahn on the head.

Last edited:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
how do I make the throw kb come out??? it says reversal/getup and yet when I hit my throw and I see either of those msgs pop up on my side of screen it doesn't crush. is it bugged? have I been fooled?

z Ruin z

Noob
how do I make the throw kb come out??? it says reversal/getup and yet when I hit my throw and I see either of those msgs pop up on my side of screen it doesn't crush. is it bugged? have I been fooled?
I feel like it doesn’t work when you reversal punish, may be wrong on that. Has to be forward throw also

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Forward throw reversal punish.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Any1 has a complete list of the Emperor's brutalities?

Currently i have unlocked:

The Klassik.
The f. throw.
The amp. Annihilation.
The shoulder charge.
The spear string.
The hammer lunge.

Those are the ones i remember atm. Are there more?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Any1 has a complete list of the Emperor's brutalities?

Currently i have unlocked:

The Klassik.
The f. throw.
The amp. Annihilation.
The shoulder charge.
The spear string.
The hammer lunge.

Those are the ones i remember atm. Are there more?
There's one for back throw if you taunted 3 times, it's probably my favorite one

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
True Khan variation:
How good is the hammer toss? I feel is pretty similar to the spear toss...it´s KB is not easy to achieve and both are mids,same dmg, and can´t be amplifield

P.D: I think the taunts can be performed cancelling a JK, usually the dont expect this. Also the F212 string let you far away

ty lewis

Noob
True Khan variation:
How good is the hammer toss? I feel is pretty similar to the spear toss...it´s KB is not easy to achieve and both are mids,same dmg, and can´t be amplifield

P.D: I think the taunts can be performed cancelling a JK, usually the dont expect this. Also the F212 string let you far away
the Wrath Hammer is a much better projectile than the Merciless Spear. As the hitbox for Merciless Spear is rather small and it has an arc which makes it whiff on crouching opponents up close to half screen. It'll only hit a crouching opponent if at fullscreen. Wrath hammer has a bigger hitbox and can't be crouched. It's krushing blow requirement is difficult to pull off against people who know what it's requirements are but it's still a possible thing.

Wrath hammer is really the only reason to play True Kahn variation. (besides the iconic taunts)

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
the Wrath Hammer is a much better projectile than the Merciless Spear. As the hitbox for Merciless Spear is rather small and it has an arc which makes it whiff on crouching opponents up close to half screen. It'll only hit a crouching opponent if at fullscreen. Wrath hammer has a bigger hitbox and can't be crouched. It's krushing blow requirement is difficult to pull off against people who know what it's requirements are but it's still a possible thing.

Wrath hammer is really the only reason to play True Kahn variation. (besides the iconic taunts)
....and the 50/50 of the 14 string ;)

ty lewis

Noob
....and the 50/50 of the 14 string ;)
which is niche. Standing 1 whiffs on crouch blocking opponents which leaves Shao Kahn open for a punish. Only way you'd be able to make use of the string safely is if you use standing 1 outside of poking range and then use the 4 to hit them while they're crouching. Even then the low isn't very good.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Hey what are you guys doing against cross ups? S1 anti air is great when they jump in but when they cross me up point blank I dont know what to do but sit and block.

z Ruin z

Noob
Niiiice thanks. Was worried I’d miss out being at work. Now if they’d fix the level 2 character specific ToT so I can get 25 brutalities I’d be set. Over a week doing brutalities with him and only up to 23/25

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Any way to craft the armor breaking consumable? Almost had this beat on brutal, but ran out of these
Check this thread.

ErmacMKX

Noob
For the combo b,f 3 amp, j2, 4, how do you guys connect the j2 to the 4. Am I suppose for jump forward, then hit 4 at a certain time. I can't connect this.