What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but if Darkseid is any indication, the "big bad" isn't inherently good.

I hope it's not the same with Shao Kahn.
I'm going to have to ask you to stop. Darkseid was a good character, he just had some hard match ups.

You're playing Skarlet. This is a forum for Emperors. Get out of here.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
His frames are looking pretty good. +3-on-block standing 1, 9 frame mids, 10-frame low, lots of lows and overheads in his strings. His hammer lunge is an overhead that’s only -7 on block, so he’s going to have some pretty tricky safe overhead/low mixups that lead to combos, though I assume there will be a gap on block.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Not feeling it very much. I don't like the costume but we can change that, so who cares. My problem is his voice. I mean, it's better than it was in mk9, but that is not necessarily a compliment. I mean, if they could get rousey to voice Sonya even if she's not a good voice actor, then surely they could've gotten Steve Ritchie to voice Khan. That way he would not sound like he's just another big angry brute.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I’ve been worried about Goro and Darkseid syndrome this whole time...
As someone who mained Goro(with Kotal and Jacqui) the entire lifespan of the game, I can say at least he was fun and then got good buffs.

I hope at the very least he’s fun in the ways that matter if he isn’t that good.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
they could've gotten Steve Ritchie to voice Khan
Maybe somebody else here can clarify but I feel like I heard a rumor that something happened with his voice that doesn't allow him to do voice work anymore? Like I said I don't remember where I came across that but I remember reading it somewhere. No mention on his wiki though so maybe its just a myth.

He is best Shao Kahn though. Nobody has come close to him.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Maybe somebody else here can clarify but I feel like I heard a rumor that something happened with his voice that doesn't allow him to do voice work anymore? Like I said I don't remember where I came across that but I remember reading it somewhere. No mention on his wiki though so maybe its just a myth.

He is best Shao Kahn though. Nobody has come close to him.
Really? I hope not, that would be sad, regardless of whether he would play Shao again or not.

E

Eldriken

I wonder what "Skewered" is. It's a 9f unblockable. It's probably a high, but still. I wonder what it is.

We also know which moves his taunts are. 110 and 130 recovery frames. lmaooo

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
I wonder what "Skewered" is. It's a 9f unblockable. It's probably a high, but still. I wonder what it is.

We also know which moves his taunts are. 110 and 130 recovery frames. lmaooo
Skewered is an anti air move. I played him for about 10 minutes and if i recall correctly it also connects after doing strings. I specifically remember that f21 cancels into it

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Skewered is an anti air move. I played him for about 10 minutes and if i recall correctly it also connects after doing strings. I specifically remember that f21 cancels into it
I assume it's not unblockable against a standing opponent?

E

Eldriken

"...it also connects after doing strings. I specifically remember that f21 cancels into it" So does that mean f21 is a launching string?
It might be similar to Kotal's b12. It "launches" per se to where a special will connect while they're in the air, but not for an actual combo without cancelling into a special of some sort.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What's the range on his f2? I see it's a 16-frame high, so I assume it's got some decent range?

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
What's the range on his f2? I see it's a 16-frame high, so I assume it's got some decent range?
I love the range. It's a full jumps length and will definitely catch people by surprise. His b3 range is ever so slightly shorter but still has very good range. For a big boi hes very fast as well. He doesnt have many krushing blow options tho. Only in the variation I used was 1,2, 1+2. The requirement is hitting 3 bf2's.

Edit: I have to add that the variation I chose in practice mode seems to be different than the ones used in tournament mode, which is very confusing. Will follow up later.

Edit2: skewered is indeed no tournament variation... so forget the combo I posted earlier lol