What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I mostly just gave up trying to talk to rando NRS players about practicing stuff. I forgot the word "practice" is a big no no for NRS players, if something requires practice then its a automatically not viable, need to pick up and play and treat all characters like pocket characters that require no work.

Even K&M will tell you to actively not do Noobs 212, F221 link which isnt hard at all, frankly its embarrassing. Pros will tell you its cool to spend all day everyday grinding KL but if you have to spend 15 minutes in training establishing some muscle memory for an optimized bnb its a "waste of time"

So if no one is going to bother then dont drag me back into this shit, especially if youre going to just keep complaining about how f3 confirm attempts will just get you punished when you mess up as if you arent just doing unconfirmed shoulders already and getting punished for it.

Last edited:

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
D3 on block at max distance into f3
You can hit confirm the f3 if the opponent tries to counter after the d3. (Most usually try too)
They can also easily just sit and block and f3 will whiff so keep that in mind but not like you can't continue with the string.
I doubt anyone knows the exact flawless block timing for f34 if f3 whiffs.

DarkSado

Noob
Why wouldn't it be? Nothing changed about F3 And it's not just "difficult" it's borderline impossible.
Notice that @Wetdoba just says he can do it consistently, doesn't post any proof when asked to. Says to learn F3 hit confirm so that you have a safe 10 frame mid confirm... Well, bad news. F3 isn't even fucking safe. So, y'know. There's that.

You'd think that any of the pro players that play Shao Kahn at the highest level of competition would be constantly using F3 hit confirm, since it's such a good and viable thing to do with the character. But, uh oh, literally none of them do... not a single one.

Don't try to learn the character with this kind of advise, please. You'll be actively hurting your chances of winning with Shao Kahn if you're trying to F3 hit confirm.
yea I agree I don't believe anyone hit confirming F3 not even pros doing shit like that LMAO!

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
yea I agree I don't believe anyone hit confirming F3 not even pros doing shit like that LMAO!
No one except this guy can do it consistently. Just don't ask for demonstrable proof. Just believe. Just practice it. Its totally viable.

Error404

Noob
Here is a super scrubby Shao mirror I had with some dude in KL. Got hit by all the mix and didn't hitconfirm once. Still won somehow though :D Enjoy

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Here is a super scrubby Shao mirror I had with some dude in KL. Got hit by all the mix and didn't hitconfirm once. Still won somehow though :D Enjoy

Shao is pretty fun to play when your opponent is also playing the only character that Shao Kahn can have a balanced match with.... Another Shao Kahn.

Ashesfall

Jason lives forever
Shao Kahn: "If my role in the next movie won't be BADASS, you will feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"

EDIT: ---
Even if the movie will be not what I seek for, I feel like the second movie of the latest animated one will be badass.

"Mortal Kombat legends Scorpion's revenge" one of the best animated movies I have seen.
(If you are an MK fan, you need to own this movie)
Part 2 will be called: (I hope)
"Mortal Kombat legends Shao Kahns wrath"

Last edited: