What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
@Metzos I used armor break with rain bubble and special forces air drop

rain bubble in case I get caught with a combo and spam the air drop because it's nutty busted

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Also, Shao Khans heart chest in the krpt, how do you unlock the gate blocking it's path in Goro's lair?
if it's a gate, then you need a skeleton key which is a random drop from chests and crates. I think it has the highest drop rate in the 7k cost range? Just keep opening boxes, you'll pick some up eventually.

shao kahn should have annihilate as a base move not part of his variation and up wrath hammer needs to be fixed or improved upon 2x dead moves on bolth variations is super bad priest / taunt way to slow. annihilate as a base move is 100% required for him to be good. spear needs to be replaced with hammer throw or fixed so it doesn't miss just by walking.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
shao kahn should have annihilate as a base move not part of his variation and up wrath hammer needs to be fixed or improved upon 2x dead moves on bolth variations is super bad priest / taunt way to slow. annihilate as a base move is 100% required for him to be good. spear needs to be replaced with hammer throw or fixed so it doesn't miss just by walking.
Spear is fine imo. Up hammer should be fixed though. Either plus on block or way less of a gap between the hits.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Pretty sure I got the annihilation brutal from doing Kahn's first set of time towers. The ones that cost 25,000 coins.
I have done all 5 of his time towers and don’t have it. You might be thinking of the krushing blow that happens with the buff. Edit: Or maybe not since you don’t unlock those lol. I don’t think it’s there though unless the rewards were different.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I have done all 5 of his time towers and don’t have it. You might be thinking of the krushing blow that happens with the buff. Edit: Or maybe not since you don’t unlock those lol. I don’t think it’s there though unless the rewards were different.
the annihilation brutality is from a random spawn ToT. It timed out on me right before I got to the final fight so I don't have it

unluckily for us NRS rigged ToT to replay the same towers for Raiden/Cetrion/Frost/Geras/Jacqui with maybe 1 Shao tower every 300 rotations

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
i genuinely think that at bare minimum f3,4 should be special cancellable. then he would at least have a fast hit confirmable mid string on top of his countless flaws

Gaxkang

Banned
When they balance patch they better just make his taunt part of his normal move list instead of requiring a slot.

Either buff the thing, or make it a standard special move.

They may as well do the same for dark priest too.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Spear is probably the worst projectile in the game. But the true crime is that his Kb is locked behind it and the un-combo-able 12 1+2 string. (Still my fav projectile and string, visually lol).
I mean it serves its purpose, Shao is not a zoner lol. I use it to trade on purpose just for the KB but other then that its not needed since im fighting up close 90% of the time. And to combo 12 1+2 string I usually punish something unsafe or anti air S1, dash, 1,2,1+2 KB