What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Highs aren't meant to hit crouching opponents and the only reason some high attacks hit crouching opponents is because the characters collision box is lowered by the size of the character.
Only mids, lows, and overheads are meant to hit crouching opponents.
You'll never understand why the design choice of how a character plays unless you work for nrs.
When i first started playing Shao on released i questioned how he played because he seemed incomplete compared to other characters.
I felt similar feeling with Laura when sfv was released as she felt incomplete.
That's the devs decision based on how they want to make the characters in the game.
You either accept how they play or play someone else or choose to complain about something you don't agree with and hope the devs listen and change what you don't agree with.
I said crouch blocking opponents, not crouching opponents. Almost all highs work this way, but Shao's s1 doesn't.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
I said crouch blocking opponents, not crouching opponents. Almost all highs work this way, but Shao's s1 doesn't.
I guess from your knowledge Shao s2,s3,s4 should hit crouch blocking opponents too right? Yeah, NO
Highs aren't suppose to work that way it's dependent on the size of the character and collision box as i said before.
Any time the opponents head moves up and down while crouch blocking the collision box moves along with it.

Highs aren't suppose to work that way it's dependent on the size of the character and collision box as i said before.
MK11 tutorial: 'while high attacks can be blocked when standing or ducking, they can be evaded entirely by ducking without blocking'

The game itself tells us this is how it should work. We know nothing matters and everything is random, but that doesn't change how it should work.

NoCharge

Noob
MK11 tutorial: 'while high attacks can be blocked when standing or ducking, they can be evaded entirely by ducking without blocking'

The game itself tells us this is how it should work. We know nothing matters and everything is random, but that doesn't change how it should work.
Still, there is such notion as true highs, which whiff on blocking and non-blocking crouch. REO once talked about it, but I don't know if it's a common fg term.

Is it true that he got a substantial buff? I haven't played this game competitively since October.
Depends on how highly you value Shao now getting meterless dmg off of one string (14 - while F2 also works, it is not hitconfirmable). And Hammer Lunge acting as a combo starter from full screen (but it gets clipped by almost every projectile and is easy to punch out of the air on reaction).

That's basically it. It's the exact same Shao, you just fish with 14 more.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It was a big buff, bit if you haven't played since October, he might have gotten a few changes since then