What's new

Shao Kahn buffs (alleged)

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Hi. Let's make a fun wishlist for Shao buffs. A balance patch is iminent (allegedly). My suggestions are as follow>
  • make gaps less than -5 in the strings (this should be true for all chars)
  • shadow priest instant start-up, 60 or less recovery
  • taunts 80 or less recovery
  • f3 to be -5
  • up hammer cancelable if amplified after the hammer goes up, but if cancelled the hammer shouldn't return
  • ground shatter to be plus on hit on airborne opponents (around +7), remove gap between the hits if amplified and make amplified version safe on block
  • spear lunge safe on block when amplified
  • another tournament variation
  • hitbox adjustments (can't remember right now which ones exactly, but there's gotta be some for sure)
  • add classic skin (MK2)
  • nerf top tiers.
Make your suggestions.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
TBH.

I'd remove Dark Priest from the game. His hammer moves should just DO that damage as is.
Make Taunts default move.

Let the Annihilation KB just be the "land in x number hit combo"

Buff the taunt to not be the worst thing in an NRS game ever

Remove the scaling on b3 (jesus what were they thinking?)

let f3,4 be special cancel

and i think that would work.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
TBH.

I'd remove Dark Priest from the game. His hammer moves should just DO that damage as is.
Make Taunts default move.

Let the Annihilation KB just be the "land in x number hit combo"

Buff the taunt to not be the worst thing in an NRS game ever

Remove the scaling on b3 (jesus what were they thinking?)

let f3,4 be special cancel

and i think that would work.
I like this. Annihilation should be a base move imo.

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
B3's hitbox needs some adjusting, it whiffs if the opponent almost or directly over your head even though the animation shows the hammer being rotated almost 360 degrees.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Another pop up would be nice. I love the shoulder charge but literally everything is based around that.
He has many pop ups you're just limited when trying to extend the combo. Yes majority of them lead into shoulder charge but its expected.
B3 - 23 - 21 - J3 - DB4 - D2 kb - Forward Throw kb - U2 fb

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
  1. Remove dark priest and give him he damage he deserves.
  2. Make F34 special cancellable. It already has a gap.
  3. Make his spear toss suck less. A mid that can be ducked and is slow?! Who tested this?
  4. Make annihilation a base move.
  5. Make f3 less negative.
  6. Remove or lessen the gap in up hammer.
  7. Why does the overhead version of the amplified shoulder charge even exist? Replace this with something useful.
  8. Make b3 less negative.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
He has many pop ups you're just limited when trying to extend the combo. Yes majority of them lead into shoulder charge but its expected.
B3 - 23 - 21 - J3 - DB4 - D2 kb - Forward Throw kb -
Yeah that’s what I meant lol. Combo extender pop ups that don’t require shoulder charge. I’m happy with it since a lot of characters don’t even have that, I’m just saying more options would be nice.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
My wishful changes for Shao Kahn:
  • Decrease F2 startup to 19 instead of 21.
  • DB2 Block advantage +4 instead of -1 up close and keep the gap. Also slightly increase damage output on hit.
  • B3 Adjust height of the hitbox.
  • DB4 Adjust jumping distance of the close range version so he doesn't jump over characters in the corner. Give it invincibility frames at the top arc midair.
  • BF1 Adjust hitbox size so it doesn't whiff so much when thrown from mid to far distance.
  • Decrease startup time for 1+3 in his DIE combo so it doesn't whiff against airborne opponent.
  • Make the 4 in his Last Breath combo(F341+3) special cancelable. Keep the gap.
  • DD1 Give it armor during animation sequence. Even if it cost 1 bar of defense meter.
  • BF3D Allow it to be amplified on block.
  • Both Taunts should receive same change as dark priest give it armor by using 1 defensive meter.
  • Last Breath krushing blow should be universal for both tournament variations.
  • BD4 should be -5 on hit when hit on airborne opponent. Have it fluctuate down based on height dependent.
Edit: They could give his DB1 an optional side choice to throw opponent forward. Maybe give him a wall bounce reset while in corner sort of like Jax grab.
Would definitely help True Kahn players keep opponents in the corner. I know its not going to happen but would be interesting.

Last edited:

NothingPersonal

Guys, what are you talking about giving him more damage? He has easy 30% off of every string except f34 for one bar. He doesn't need damage. I wouldn't be surprised if NRS does their usual shitpatching and take away from his damage.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Honestly, just make F34 special cancellable and if B2 is literally leading to nothing, make it 0 on block. Then he has A)A confirmable mid, and B) A non confirmable, but good footsie based tool.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Guys, what are you talking about giving him more damage? He has easy 30% off of every string except f34 for one bar. He doesn't need damage. I wouldn't be surprised if NRS does their usual shitpatching and take away from his damage.
I’d be pissed lol.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

If it was an easy 33-35%, we wouldn’t need the buff at all if they also changed the annihilation kb requirement.

NothingPersonal

If it was an easy 33-35%, we wouldn’t need the buff at all if they also changed the annihilation kb requirement.
Come on man, don't be greedy. His damage is fine as is right now. I get 30% from any string on confirm. The real problem are the buffs that are literally unusable. I wouldn't be surprised if they took away 5% from his damage but buffed the buffs. I'd be ok actually, a little more interesting to play the character.
Still, I believe the best buff Shao can get is nerrfing the tops.

Last edited:

NothingPersonal

Some ridiculous suggestions:
  • b2 to be an overhead
  • shoulder charge can be amplified on block to meke it safe
  • anti air grab has less recovery so he is plus after canceling normals on block a-la Kotal from MKX
  • f2 is a mid
  • spear charge goes full screen

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Come on man, don't be greedy. His damage is fine as is right now. I get 30% from any string on confirm. The real problem are the buffs that are literally unusable. I wouldn't be surprised if they took away 5% from his damage but buffed the buffs. I'd be ok actually, a little more interesting to play the character.
I agree his damage is fine once they fix the taunts and dark priest buff.
Nerfing the top characters is great but he still unfortunately need adjustments.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

Nah man. I need it all. I want Shao to destroy all foes without mercy. In fact, I want them to remove his ability to perform a mercy and replace it with him taunting his opponent until they fall over or rage quit.

NothingPersonal

Nah man. I need it all. I want Shao to destroy all foes without mercy. In fact, I want them to remove his ability to perform a mercy and replace it with him taunting his opponent until they fall over or rage quit.
Cool. I, on the other hand, like to make them suffer. I like to maul them chunk by chink until they accept their demise.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
He literally just needs his buffs and throw kb to be useable if you ask me. Being able to special cancel off f34 would be a nice bonus too so you don’t have to be a fucking Jedi to play him compared to some of these other bum-ass characters with their easily confirmable mids.

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
They don’t fall after you do the buff??? You can just keep doing it? Damn I’m gonna have to pick up true kahn lol. Giving up annihilation is tough for me tho.
You can even manage to do a taunt and then a fatal if you're fast enough lol. Makes for some interesting KL matches if you win the first game.