What's new

Shao Kahmbos (Updated w/ new Aftermath Combos)

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
- D2 kb combos:
D2kb, dash~4~bf3amp, dash, 4~bf3amp, dash~d2 - 487.16
D2kb, dash~4~bf3amp, dash, 121+3kb - 532.85
D2kb, dash~4~bf3amp, dash~4~FB - 567.87

- Annihilation kb comos:
4~db3kb, dash~4~bf3amp, dash, 4~bf3amp, dash~d2 - 518.80
4~db3kb, dash~4~bf3amp, dash 121+3kb - 562.20
4~db3kb, dash~4~bf3amp, dash, 4~FB - 595.48

- Forward throw kb
Ftkb, dash~4~bf3amp, dash, 4~bf3amp, dash~d2 - 527.16
Ftkb, dash~4~bf3amp, dash, 4~bf3amp, dash 121+3kb - 572.85
Ftkb, dash~4~bf3, dash~4~FB - 607.87

Last edited:
Burning Spear increases the damage for the use of his spear = Dark Priest Increases the damage of his hammer

However, Scorpion can do it pretty much anytime he has some space, and Shao has to set it up and hope it stays.

It truly is stupid.

His other changes are welcome, but also require a ton of setup to even get. Three spears? The only way I can think of to land that is to end combos in it, but the trade off there doesn't make sense.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind ANYTHING this character has. Its like they just didn't know and threw things together and here we are.
I usually don't even use the combos just end it off of 23 and immediately throw out the BF1 spear and it'll work every time. The gravity is spot on for you to land those spear combos.

Shao is still meh at best even after all of this and he feels absolutely abyssmal in True Kahn sigh the one where I really want to make work but with low damage and just a double low, he isn't much to use.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Starters: 12 14 b2 4

True Khan new 1 bar BnB:
[starter] bf3 amp dash f34 1+3 = 279 - 313
above kombo with damage buff = 349 - 391
above kombo with damage BUFF KB = 460 - 508

if you've managed to get the KB off (you didn't) here is a higher damage bnb
starter bf3 amp j2 12 scum grab = 285 - 319
above with damage buff = 356 - 399

starter bf3 amp j1 12 1+3 KB = 387 - 315
above with damage buff = 448 - 495

There is no reason to do 2 bar combos midscreen as the damage increase is not worth it.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Starters: 12 14 b2 4

True Khan new 1 bar BnB:
[starter] bf3 amp dash f34 1+3 = 279 - 313
above kombo with damage buff = 349 - 391
above kombo with damage BUFF KB = 460 - 508

if you've managed to get the KB off (you didn't) here is a higher damage bnb
starter bf3 amp j2 12 scum grab = 285 - 319
above with damage buff = 356 - 399

starter bf3 amp j1 12 1+3 KB = 387 - 315
above with damage buff = 448 - 495

There is no reason to do 2 bar combos midscreen as the damage increase is not worth it.
Yeah even tho meter auto-regens, I think keeping a bar is always useful, especially if you land a KB and want to get some massive damage.

My Bnbs look like this: 27-32%
starter * shoulder charge amp * j2 * 2,3 annihilation
If I have the spear KB loaded: starter * shoulder charge amp * j1 * 1,21+3
If I wanna switch sides: starter * shoulder charge amp * j1 * 1,2 * scum grab

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah even tho meter auto-regens, I think keeping a bar is always useful, especially if you land a KB and want to get some massive damage.

My Bnbs look like this: 27-32%
starter * shoulder charge amp * j2 * 2,3 annihilation
If I have the spear KB loaded: starter * shoulder charge amp * j1 * 1,21+3
If I wanna switch sides: starter * shoulder charge amp * j1 * 1,2 * scum grab
Those combos were specific to True Khan as he doesn't have the damage ender.

Using two bars in RE is useful because you can end in b2 db3

but i typically ONLY use 2 bars on a KB combo from db3, d2 or throw. THey ramp the damage to well over 500.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Those combos were specific to True Khan as he doesn't have the damage ender.

Using two bars in RE is useful because you can end in b2 db3
Oh okay!
I need to try that variation, how likely is it to get that KB from the taunt debuff in a real match?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Oh okay!
I need to try that variation, how likely is it to get that KB from the taunt debuff in a real match?
-100 chance.

you literally cannot safely get it out unless the other character doesn't have a projectile. In that case you can get it out on a full screen spear.

It is a shame really. I'd play a variation with Taunts/Priest and Annh.

Thats all his useful KBs and a crap ton of misery.

They should buff his priest to be Scorpion frames, and his taunt to be his current priest frames and of course, make f34 special cancel. but alas.
He's the forgotten character.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
-100 chance.

you literally cannot safely get it out unless the other character doesn't have a projectile. In that case you can get it out on a full screen spear.

They should buff his priest to be Scorpion frames, and his taunt to be his current priest frames and of course, make f34 special cancel. but alas.
Ah man, that sucks. I think the recovery frames are still like in the 80's right? I wish it would be usable, the taunts are so sweet.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Ah man, that sucks. I think the recovery frames are still like in the 80's right? I wish it would be usable, the taunts are so sweet.
They're 96 frames. The best setups leave you at -66 fullscreen, which is still punishable. But the buffs remain active even on hit, unlike the priest.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
-100 chance.

15:50 :DOGE

Here is another, not sure if anyone has pulled it off. Theoretically it can work, it beats wake up options except armored wake-ups and forces opponent to stand block, if you condition opponent or eat an overhead from enhanced shoulder.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
That's a nice way to use delayed version of amplified shoulder charge. That's if the opponent doesn't delay his wake up or does a wake up attack.
Oh by the way you know the xbox one has this built in screen record feature so you don't have to use a external camera to record.
When you upload it to xbox live server you can go to this site https://gamerdvr.com/ and download then edit your video on your pc before uploading it to youtube. @IAG Punishem1391

That's a nice way to use delayed version of amplified shoulder charge. That's if the opponent doesn't delay his wake up or does a wake up attack.
Oh by the way you know the xbox one has this built in screen record feature so you don't have to use a external camera to record.
When you upload it to xbox live server you can go to this site https://gamerdvr.com/ and download then edit your video on your pc before uploading it to youtube. @IAG Punishem1391
Yea I was trying to do that last night but I couldn't get the file to work ‍♂, I'm not too savy with computers lol.
Your right, if opponent delays wake up shoulder would whiff. Don't know how viable it would be in high level play but it's an option I thought would be worth sharing.