What's new

Shao Kahmbos (Updated w/ new Aftermath Combos)

ty lewis

Noob
Why would you ever throw the taunt in after the KB reversal throw, though? You can combo after it with a MB Shoulder. Timing is not too bad once you get used to it. You're leaving damage on the table there.
Just an additional option. I already know about comboing into it. Made a video of it a couple of days ago and posted it on my Twitter. Damage of the combo is 495 If I remember correctly. If your opponent is in the corner you can dash, standing 4 and then do the shoulder, as well as end it with 4xxdb+1/3 for 547 damage If you spend two meters.

Tom Brady's video adds a bit more damage for Shao Kahn's one meter combos by adding in a J2 after MB shoulder charge. He did start the combos with a jump in though which isn't gonna be super common but the damage is great for 1 bar. (However if you do the j2 mid combo you won't be able to do his 2 meter BnB so you need to decide what your gonna be doing mid combo)

Last edited:

ty lewis

Noob
Guess i'll drop my un-optimized things in here since I didn't see em.

50% 1 bar KB corner Dark Priest buff.
70% Dark Priest Corner Getup Full Punish.
Don't feel bad man. Just knowing you can do some stuff is still important even if it isn't optimal as you don't always have the luxury of doing optimal comboes in a match. The second combo is kind of like a dream set-up but boy do I love big damage. Lol

The most important thing you did here was show that the bug is fixed and you can actually do both the KB throw and the Annihilation throw in one combo even if the hammer buff disappears for some reason. This now being a thing Makes Shao Kahn even scarier with the amount of damage he can get of his KB throw which is his best KB.

ty lewis

Noob
Wow true kahn is buns compared to risen EMP.
Wouldn't say that. It still gets a low and a MUCH better projectile. that low can be used in his 1,4,2 string to mix them up after 4.

I found that activating the two krushing blows in the same combo is impossible unless done in the corner to where you can immediately do annihilation after the reverse throw. There has to be some sort of timer after losing the buff mid combo for you to activate the KB for annihilation and when you are mid screen you can't do that as you have to do a MB shoulder charge to convert the reverse throw.

At least it's something he can do if you got your opponent in the corner with the buff on.

ty lewis

Noob
Does anyone bother with ending in spear toss to set up the 121+3 spear stab KB?
Not really. I May go for it if I land a couple of spears counter zoning. But ultimately no. I would probably only do it if I had no meter for a 1 bar or 2 bar combo as Shao Kahn is lacking in meterless combo damage.

The only 2 krushing blows that are worth doing is reverse punish throw and Annihilation buff as they both launch your opponent in the air for a follow up with MB shoulder charge.

If the start up of the 1+2 In the string was buffed to where it could come out fast enough to land on an opponent hit by MB shoulder charge I would use it a lot more.

Edit: actually it isn't even the 1+2 In the string but the 2. The hitbox of 2 is so low that in order for you to hit a mid air opponent with it you become unable to convert into 1+2.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Tom’s video was awesome, but his jump kick combo mid screen isn’t optimal. You can get an extra 4% with the following

Ji4, BF3 MB, Ji2, D2- does just over 316

ty lewis

Noob
I honestly think we are getting close to reaching the limit of what we can actually do with our big bad daddy. His gameplay is pretty basic when it comes down to what he can do.

Was messing with the corner JI4 combo and found he can get a 1,1,1,1,4,db3 but it's tight for 291.66. Can cut out a 1 to make the 4 easier and still get 283.33

Big Frog

Noob
I honestly think we are getting close to reaching the limit of what we can actually do with our big bad daddy. His gameplay is pretty basic when it comes down to what he can do.
Starting to feel this way too. I'm trying to find something more...anything! There must be something!

ty lewis

Noob
Starting to feel this way too. I'm trying to find something more...anything! There must be something!
I really doubt it. Shao Kahn has the benefit of being able to loop his standing 4 with shoulder charge. Other characters can't use their standing 4 mid combo due to gravity scaling. So they have to use a combination of other moves in order to get the same damage that Shao Kahn gets.

The only thing that really irks me is that we can't figure anything out in the corner. The only thing that the corner changes is that you can end your mid screen combos that start with F21 and B3 with standing 4 now. Otherwise you gotta use B2 for the ender.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Brady just said on stream that "the Shao Kahn combos on TYM are so shitty, I had to make my own video."

I'm not really sure what I'm missing from my initial list that was so ground breaking in his video, but I'll have to take another look...

I thought it was one of the more comprehensive combo lists so far for a character, but I guess not. I mean...some of these combo threads for other characters have 2 fucking combos listed.....or none at all in the OP.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Brady just said on stream that "the Shao Kahn combos on TYM are so shitty, I had to make my own video."

I'm not really sure what I'm missing from my initial list that was so ground breaking in his video, but I'll have to take another look...

I thought it was one of the more comprehensive combo lists so far for a character, but I guess not. I mean...some of these combo threads for other characters have 2 fucking combos listed.....or none at all in the OP.
Don't sweat it man you know Brady can salt out about stuff. I haven't looked at his video yet but I doubt it's anything light years different. I appreciate you curating the list here.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor

Oh this video
He didn't do anything fascinating that i haven't seen already. Top end tournament players get respected more so its obvious more would like what he made over what others have done. I like what he said at he end of the video makes that comment you posted contradicting but he knew the future. lol

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Oh this video
He didn't do anything fascinating that i haven't seen already. Top end tournament players get respected more so its obvious more would like what he made over what others have done. I like what he said at he end of the video makes that comment you posted contradicting but he knew the future. lol
I watched the video. My point was that I don't know what he had in his video that I didn't post in my combo list, that's all. I love Brady and respect his opinions/thoughts. My issue was that he said my combo list was shit on his stream, but I have the same combos in my list that are in his video.

Anyway, it is what it is.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
did you guys miss the 14 xxx db4 link in the corner? I really like neutral jump 2 into 14 in the corner. hmmm maybe I see one in the list. I really like adding the stand one after the d1, it feels way more consistent than d1 4. I also like f3 x db4 in the corner. It's totally reactable but still an amusing mix to catch people off guard with.

All corner

raw db4, d1, 1, 4 xxx db3 =254

raw db4, d1, 1, 4 xxx bf4 mb, 4 xxxxdb3 =352

ji2, 14 xxxdb4, d1, 1, 4 xxx db3 = 306.5 damage no bar

ji2 14 xxxdb4, d1, 1, 4 xxx bf4 mb, 4 x db3 = 381.7

ji2 14 xxxdb4, d1, 1, 4 xxx KB db3, 4 xxx db3= 458

Something I haven't really seen mentioned is that crouching characters get launched lower, so in cases like raw bf3~MB or 21/f21 xx bf3~MB with the first hit whiffing/blocked, the followup combo will have to be different for 1 bar combos, even moreso against smaller characters. Against smaller crouching characters, you can't even really do midscreen raw bf3~MB into a jumping normal unless you end with d4 xx bf3/db3, so the best midscreen alternative looks to be something like bf3~MB, dash 1, dash 1, 23/12 xx special. Similarly, meterless db4 combos in the corner against smaller characters have very strict timing for the better stuff like d1, d1, d1, 23 xx special, so I think it's a lot easier to take a minor damage loss and just do 4 or 5 d1's into special. b3 starter doesn't really change from the height loss.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
(With Shadow Priest Buff) 4xxB,F3 MB, 4xxD,B3 (KB), 4xxD,B3 KB, 4xxD,B3 - 526.2

This is an error right?

You can’t get two kb db3 in one round right?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
am i seeing it correctly that you cant get 1,2,1+3 kb after a shoulder midscreen?
You can if it is off a grounded starter such as 14, B2, or F3 shoulder. Its a spacing thing that takes some practice but it is consistent even on females. You do a delayed microwalk forward after the shoulder, you want the 12 to hit at max range.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
You can if it is off a grounded starter such as 14, B2, or F3 shoulder. Its a spacing thing that takes some practice but it is consistent even on females. You do a delayed microwalk forward after the shoulder, you want the 12 to hit at max range.

THANKS!!