What's new

Shao Kahmbos (Updated w/ new Aftermath Combos)

Btw. I found out that the dark priest crushing blow can be extended if the crushing blow makes the opponent end up in the corner with 2, 3, db+3 if you dash cancel the 2. Made a video demonstrating this. It's rather difficult for me but people who aren't mentally retarded like me can probably get that consistently:
Might also open up new midscreen combos.

Last edited:

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Btw. I found out that the dark priest crushing blow can be extended if the crushing blow makes the opponent end up in the corner with 2, 3, db+3 if you dash cancel the 2. Made a video demonstrating this. It's rather difficult for me but people who aren't mentally (soap bar in my mouth) like me can probably get that consistently:
Might also open up new midscreen combos.

You can squeeze a little more damage with 4 and another shoulder

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Added several more combos today, primarily anti-airs. His standing 1 seems pretty good for that. He gets super solid damage off it, as well.

Is there any point in adding True Kahn combos? After comparing the two movelists, True Kahn seems to have no moves that would improve any of his BnB combos over what Risen Emperor offer. The Taunts take way too long to set up, so I don't think they'll be viable unless they're adjusted in an upcoming patch.

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
Added several more combos today, primarily anti-airs. His standing 1 seems pretty good for that. He gets super solid damage off it, as well.

Is there any point in adding True Kahn combos? After comparing the two movelists, True Kahn seems to have no moves that would improve any of his BnB combos over what Risen Emperor offer. The Taunts take way too long to set up, so I don't think they'll be viable unless they're adjusted in an upcoming patch.
At this point in time I dont see any reason to add True Kahn combos. They're pretty much the same with a different ender.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
At this point in time I dont see any reason to add True Kahn combos. They're pretty much the same with a different ender.
Annihilator complimets his air grab. They both do the same damage, except they put the opponent in different positions, front or back. It's pretty useful.

John Grizzly

Annihilator complimets his air grab. They both do the same damage, except they put the opponent in different positions, front or back. It's pretty useful.
Am I crazy or is his air grab the same in both tournament variations? The spear grab doesn’t appear to be in either tournament variations. Someone please please correct me if I’m wrong.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Some flawless block combos Risen Emperor variation

I took the time to make the combo notations
FB-Flawless Block
KB-Krushing Blow
MB-Meter Burn
I'm sure y'all know the rest.

-Midscreen-
FBU2,1,2,3+1
FBU2,FF,1,1,4,DB1MB
FBU2,B2,BF3MB,FF,4,DB3
FBU2,4,BF3MB,FF,4,DB3
FBU2,4,BF3MB,FF,2,DB2
DD1,FBU2,B2,BF3mb,FF,2,3,DB3KB,BF3
DD1,FBU2,FF,2,1,DB3KB,BF3DMB
DD1,FBU2,4,BF3MB,LT+RT(Fatal Blow)- must have 30% or lower Health
-Corner-
DD1,FBU2,B3,D3,DB3KB,FF,1,2,3,DB3

Last edited:

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Corner combos from natural launchers no off-bar:
DB4, D1, D1, D1, 4xxDB3 - 263.33 (use standing 1 instead of D1 when hit from full screen)
B3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4xxDB3 - 229.25 (you can use D1's instead of standing 1's)
JI4, 1, 1, 1, 4xxDB3 - 283.33 (you can use D1's instead of standing 1's)

ty lewis

Noob
Shao Kahn's most damaging kombos use 4. There is very little point in using any other normal or string mid combo other than 4 besides wanting to look flashy. F+2,1 deals 77 damage. However because it is two separate hits and one of them is a knock up it will add more scaling and during the combo they will deal less and less damage. (Because of the knock up properties of the F2,1 string a basic jab 1,2 combo starter ends up doing a bit more damage surprisingly, it scales that hard for some reason)

Neutral 4 on the other hand is a singular hit that deals 70 damage on hit. A basic combo like 4xxbf+3 MB, dash, 4xxbf+3 MB, 4xxdb+1 will deal 397.34 damage. (This is possible with any preset that has shoulder charge and scum grab) if you have the humiliate debuff on your opponent that comes with the True Kahn tournament preset this damage will be buffed up to 496.67 You can also combo into his krushing blow string. combo is (any normal that is cancelablexxbf+3, dash, F341+3) the timing is a little tight though but if you land it, and use 4 as your starting normal, your looking at 508 damage. If you have the humiliate debuff on you opponent and do 4xxbf+3 MB, 4xxFatal Blow the damage will be 530.1

If you are using his other tournament preset Risen Emporer and use annihilation instead of scum grab you'll end up doing the exact same damage. Now hit confirming 4 into the KB of annihilation at the start of a combo will lead to 507.95 damage. (dd+1, 4xxdb+3 KB, delay, bf+3 MB(window is tight), 4xxbf+3 MB, b2xxdb+1)

ty lewis

Noob
How are you getting humiliate debuff when it is totally unsafe in all situations?
His taunts/buff are pretty safe after landing a KB throw. (for the KB throw you need to instantly forward throw for a reversal, in game description is wrong getup throw does not trigger KB) However I generally use Ridicule damage reduction at the end of a combo with 23. (any combo starterxxbf+3 MB, dash, 23xxRidicule) while they may punish you the 50% damage reduction will make the damage you take very small.

Speaking of which I found a bug that's rather annoying. After performing a buff If You land a KB the buff immediately goes away. Tested this with both humiliate and dark priest with a variety of Shao Kahn's KBs. No matter what the buff disappears the moment you land a KB. I hope this isn't intentional.

Also I found that you can combo off of his KB throw. (KB throw, bf+3 MB, 4xxbf+3 MB, b2xxdb1) damage is 495.74. The timing of the first bf+3 MB is tight. If you have dark priest buff activated the damage goes up to 530. I'd be amazed if someone pulls it off online with online lag. lol

Last edited:
His taunts/buff are pretty safe after landing a KB throw. (for the KB throw you need to instantly forward throw for a reversal, in game description is wrong getup throw does not trigger KB) However I generally use Ridicule damage reduction at the end of a combo with 23. (any combo starterxxbf+3 MB, dash, 23xxRidicule) while they may punish you the 50% damage reduction will make the damage you take very small.
I mean...something is either safe or not safe. "Pretty safe" won't really cut it when everyone quickly realizes it's immediately and obviously punishable. At best, for the moment it's a gimmick until everyone realizes that. And, as you say, the 50% damage reduction will make the damage you take very small...okay but the debuff only lasts a few seconds. So, essentially, you reduce their damage...that you're forced to take because you reduced their damage...then you have enough time to stand back up and...what? Either you're counting on getting hit more for the very slight amount of time left on the debuff to reduce...or you're counting on capitalizing off them hitting you which is directly contrary to how Kahn plays best since they have just set the tempo off their attack and can determine the range to engage at.

In that scenario, there is no advantage to having used the taunt. All it did was reduce the damage you took...because you used the taunt. If I don't use Ridicule, I can instead do literally anything else that doesn't guarantee effortless, no-risk reprisal from the enemy and I don't eat that extra (though 50% reduced) damage.

I don't see the advantage.

ty lewis

Noob
I mean...something is either safe or not safe. "Pretty safe" won't really cut it when everyone quickly realizes it's immediately and obviously punishable. At best, for the moment it's a gimmick until everyone realizes that. And, as you say, the 50% damage reduction will make the damage you take very small...okay but the debuff only lasts a few seconds. So, essentially, you reduce their damage...that you're forced to take because you reduced their damage...then you have enough time to stand back up and...what? Either you're counting on getting hit more for the very slight amount of time left on the debuff to reduce...or you're counting on capitalizing off them hitting you which is directly contrary to how Kahn plays best since they have just set the tempo off their attack and can determine the range to engage at.

In that scenario, there is no advantage to having used the taunt. All it did was reduce the damage you took...because you used the taunt. If I don't use Ridicule, I can instead do literally anything else that doesn't guarantee effortless, no-risk reprisal from the enemy and I don't eat that extra (though 50% reduced) damage.

I don't see the advantage.
By "pretty safe" I mean that only specific characters with variations will be able to punish you. The window for them to punish you is strict. So it's something to be used in certain matchups. The potential damage you can get off of your KB and if your opponent wastes bars of meter for damage when their damage is reduced makes the risk worth using. There is nothing wrong with capitalizing on them hitting you when Shao kahn can easily combo into his KB strings from any of his cancelable normals or strings (ex. F3xxbf+3, dash, F341+3 KB=407)

If you activate your damage debuff your opponent has two options, do a non meter punish which will do little to nothing or spend meter to try and get something out of it and it will still do a small amount of damage. for example if a person normally has 40% 2 bar combo damage that combo will deal only 20% for 2 bars worth and having my opponent waste 2 bars of meter just for 20% is definitely worth it.

That's the part I don't understand...

Why are you giving the opponent the option of damaging you for...nothing? You gain nothing out of activating that damage debuff except to reduce the damage you receive as a result of being punished for activating the damage debuff

ty lewis

Noob
So there are two
That's the part I don't understand...

Why are you giving the opponent the option of damaging you for...nothing? You gain nothing out of activating that damage debuff except to reduce the damage you receive as a result of being punished for activating the damage debuff
To go for his KB. There is no other reason to use taunt.

John Grizzly

Speaking of which I found a bug that's rather annoying. After performing a buff If You land a KB the buff immediately goes away. Tested this with both humiliate and dark priest with a variety of Shao Kahn's KBs. No matter what the buff disappears the moment you land a KB. I hope this isn't intentional.

Also I found that you can combo off of his KB throw. (KB throw, bf+3 MB, 4xxbf+3 MB, b2xxdb1) damage is 495.74. The timing of the first bf+3 MB is tight. If you have dark priest buff activated the damage goes up to 530. I'd be amazed if someone pulls it off online with online lag. lol
Why would you ever throw the taunt in after the KB reversal throw, though? You can combo after it with a MB Shoulder. Timing is not too bad once you get used to it. You're leaving damage on the table there.