What's new

Shao Kahmbos (Updated w/ new Aftermath Combos)

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
How the hell are we supposed to practice with these variations I can't find them. are these the ones that are also used in ranked if so do I have to set up my own variation just to practice with the ranked variation?

Hey guys, I just uploaded my first Shao Kahn video. I am only showing the tournament variations, mostly the 1st one. There are regular and launcher combos as well as KB's and interactable combos. There is also Flawless block into u2 launcher combos and anti break away tech. Apologies if my voice and accent are a little bit annoying XD

How the hell are we supposed to practice with these variations I can't find them. are these the ones that are also used in ranked if so do I have to set up my own variation just to practice with the ranked variation?
Go into kustomise, then under abilities you can choose 'presets', in this preset section there will be 2 variations with a trophy looking icon next to them, they are the kompetitive variations, I personally changed all characters default variations to the kompetitive ones - you gotta change them manually so that you can use them in practice.

Hope that helped!

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Go into kustomise, then under abilities you can choose 'presets', in this preset section there will be 2 variations with a trophy looking icon next to them, they are the kompetitive variations, I personally changed all characters default variations to the kompetitive ones - you gotta change them manually so that you can use them in practice.

Hope that helped!
Appreciate it man thank you very much

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
Hey guys, I just uploaded my first Shao Kahn video. I am only showing the tournament variations, mostly the 1st one. There are regular and launcher combos as well as KB's and interactable combos. There is also Flawless block into u2 launcher combos and anti break away tech. Apologies if my voice and accent are a little bit annoying XD
Great find on the opening combos using both db3 KB and 12 1+3 KB. Will definitely be useful.

Skele

Noob
In all these videos after bf3MB the opponent seems to pop up vertically. On my PC version they always seem to get pushed too far away to follow up. Anyone else having this issue or am I missing something?

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
In all these videos after bf3MB the opponent seems to pop up vertically. On my PC version they always seem to get pushed too far away to follow up. Anyone else having this issue or am I missing something?
Currently PC is one patch behind. So everything you see on consoles doesnt work for PC unfortunately.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
I had that same issue when i was checking him out in training mode but they hot fixed it on xb1 version yesterday it seems.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Anyone else think using Taunt/Laugh and Shadow Priest in combination is going to be almost impossible in high level play? lol

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Anyone else think using Taunt/Laugh and Shadow Priest in combination is going to be almost impossible in high level play? lol
Well you cant use the shadow priest with the taunts so yeah it would be impossible if its in competitive mode.
Shadow priest startup and recover frames is less than the taunts so i see more of him being used in high level play overall.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Can someone tell me what the god damn competitive variations are supposed to be? I keep seeing Fiery Wrath in people's videos, and it was my understanding that Risen Emperor and True Kahn were the competitive variations. They are marked as such in the Kustomization menu.

Wigy

There it is...
Can someone tell me what the god damn competitive variations are supposed to be? I keep seeing Fiery Wrath in people's videos, and it was my understanding that Risen Emperor and True Kahn were the competitive variations. They are marked as such in the Kustomization menu.
Go to a tournament game mode on the menu, the characters all have tournament mode locked in. Just look what they are there and then customise your variations to match it. NRS were extremely lazy with default variations, no idea why they just didn't make the default ones the tournament mode ones. Cages only had two slots filled as default lol

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Go to a tournament game mode on the menu, the characters all have tournament mode locked in. Just look what they are there and then customise your variations to match it. NRS were extremely lazy with default variations, no idea why they just didn't make the default ones the tournament mode ones. Cages only had two slots filled as default lol
Jesus Christ. I can't believe that's how bad it is. I thought you just had to copy them from the customize menu. This is so incredibly lazy and rushed.

Thanks though, man.

Wigy

There it is...
I might be totally wrong but aside from going to competitive online that's the only way I could see them.

In the kustomise tab, under abilities, there is a link to 'presets' - square in ps4 for me, in the preset menu there are 2 variations with a trophy looking icon next to the name, you can set the competitive variations manually this way also as well as jumping straight into a ranked/tourney game.

Hey all,

Seriously considering picking up Shao Kahn as my main. With that in mind...

Big thanks to NeroOps for that vid.

For corner combos I've got these options based on what Nero started showing...

1, 4, db4, 1, 4, bf3 (amp), 4, db3 : 332 dmg (for comparison against Nero's version that started with a jump in, off jump in I got 352 dmg from this)

This does decent damage for only one bar and keeps your opponent in the corner so you can keep bullying them which I prefer rather than doing the Scum Grab. ADDENDUM: With Dark Priest buff on, the last db3 can become a Krushing Blow which lets you juggle into uppercut. It will pop them out of the corner but in total you're dealing 455 dmg off it

With no meter, I've been opting for 1, 4, db4, 1, 4, db3 for 239 dmg for the same reasons. Similarly, with Dark Priest buff, this becomes a nice 396 damage off KB uppercut follow-up

EDIT:

If you catch someone with b3 in the corner (easy cuz of b3's insane range), you can immediately do 4, bd (amp), 4, db3 for 293 dmg that, once again, keeps them in the corner. 322 dmg if you amp the db3.

2nd EDIT:

At the beginning of a round if you can get a jump in 2, you can immediately hit 1, 2, bf3 (amp), jump 2, 1, 2, bf3 (amp), 3. db3. This will carry the opponent to the corner and do 365 damage, putting them exactly where you want them to be.

Last edited:
I did a Shao Kahn Combo video on PC and I just realised the bf3 is different now which I didn't know. But there are still some nice bnbs that you could apply imo. This also means that some combos will be much easier.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Haven’t seen this one posted yet
True Kahn only
Corner combo with re-stand 1 meter

Ji4, 4, bf3 MB, 1, bd4 (296.94)

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Hey so I may have missed this somewhere, but I'm connecting

b2xxbf3EX, jip, 2,3xxdb3

and getting more damage than with f2,1, is there any reason this isn't better?

Wigy

There it is...
Hey so I may have missed this somewhere, but I'm connecting

b2xxbf3EX, jip, 2,3xxdb3

and getting more damage than with f2,1, is there any reason this isn't better?
F21 is hitconfirmable and has more range. But the b2 is also great after a poke.

jcbowie

F21 is hitconfirmable and has more range. But the b2 is also great after a poke.
Oh no I meant in the middle of the conversion. I keep seeing people say that you get the best damage off of doing the EX shoulder and then f2,1 into whatever ender, but standing jip > 2,3 still works and I'm getting more damage with it and I'm wondering if there's a reason to use f2,1 mid combo instead.

jcbowie

Also in the corner I'm able to do:

METERLESS: 1,4xxdb4, d1, d1, d1, d1, 2,3xxdb3 for 287.32,
ONE-BAR: 1,4xxdb4, d1, 4xxbf3EX, 4xxdb3 for 363.06,

no buff or jip. Is there more optimal one bar damage off his 1,4 in the corner?