What's new

Shao Kahmbos (Updated w/ new Aftermath Combos)

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
See what his taunts do, please? I'm really wondering if they're gonna be worth it due to their recovery. Hopefully he has setups that allow him to get it out safely/semi-safely.

If not, it's fine. Not every special is or has to be useful.

I just wanna know if one increases your damage output and the other reduces the opponent's damage output and by roughly how much.
Okay. F21 xx db+L2 = unsafe BUT always debuffs. At the worst you can get knockdown or hit by a projectile. 23 xx db+L2 depends the wakeup options of the one you're fighting. But then also you get the buff out.

F21 xx df+L2 = always unsafe and will only come out of the opponent has a very slow projectile or none at all.

Onto the buffs:

Humiliate = db+L2 increases damage by around 20%.
Ridicule = df+L2 decreases damage done by opponent by 50%.

Both last 6 seconds.

Edit: Sub zero will ALWAYS punish f21 xx dbL2 with freeze this means you basically cant debuff him ever. Same applies to Kabal dash and other fast projectiles that stun.

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Okay. F21 xx db+L2 = unsafe BUT always debuffs. At the worst you can get knockdown or hit by a projectile. 23 xx db+L2 depends the wakeup options of the one you're fighting. But then also you get the buff out.

F21 xx df+L2 = always unsafe and will only come out of the opponent has a very slow projectile or none at all.

Onto the buffs:

Both last 6 seconds.

Is combo potential and damage bad like people have been saying?
Hopefully we can work on more damage...

E

Eldriken

Onto the buffs:

Both last 6 seconds.

Edit: Sub zero will ALWAYS punish f21 xx dbL2 with freeze this means you basically cant debuff him ever. Same applies to Kabal dash and other fast projectiles that stun.
Thank you. :)

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
Is combo potential and damage bad like people have been saying?
Hopefully we can work on more damage...
Top damage with Risen Emperor is:

Midscreen:
4 xx bf3MB, f21 xx db3 krushing blow: 343.33

Corner:
4 xx bf3MB, 4 xx db3 krushing blow: 357.

Edit: both combos above was with dark priest buff, didnt put that in the annotations. I believe this variation has the highest damage potential.

Edit 2: fixed corner combo for slightly higher damage.

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
What is the hammer buff you're mentioning? Is it from his taunt?
Risen emperor variation: dd1, Dark Priest. Buffs his hammer for 10 seconds to do a bit more damage. Additionally he gains:
db3, Annihilation. A multi hitting ender.
db2, up wrath hammer which is a non tracking projectile which can go close, mid and far. There are probably some pseudo setups possible with this but it's hard to test with AI.

E

Eldriken

Risen emperor variation: dd1, Dark Priest. Buffs his hammer for 10 seconds to do a bit more damage. Additionally he gains:
db3, Annihilation. A multi hitting ender.
db2, up wrath hammer which is a non tracking projectile which can go close, mid and far. There are probably some pseudo setups possible with this but it's hard to test with AI.
Ah, okay. I was worried it was his taunt buff. Was gonna say that's some awfully unforgiving scaling if so. Haha.

ruskor

Noob
Top damage with Risen Emperor is:

Midscreen:
4 xx bf3MB, f21 xx db3 krushing blow: 343.33

Corner:
4 xx bf3MB, 4 xx db3 krushing blow: 357.

Edit: both combos above was with dark priest buff, didnt put that in the annotations. I believe this variation has the highest damage potential.

Edit 2: fixed corner combo for slightly higher damage.
I posted this in the discord
4 xx bf3MB, f21 xx db3 krushing blow does 337.13 for me.
and the corner combo can be extended, 2,3 db3 after the krushing blow for 434.70 or 451.24 with another bar.

I feel like you can also get an follow up in midscreen. but I went to sleep.

On some other notes: Dark priest buffs his hammer attacks, every attack with the hammer does 10% more damage and enables db3 to KB.
His taunts in the other variation are 25% more damage and 50% less damage taken. 110 and 130 recovery.

Last edited:

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
I posted this in the discord
4 xx bf3MB, f21 xx db3 krushing blow does 337.13 for me.
and the corner combo can be extended, 2,3 db3 after the krushing blow for 434.70 or 451.24 with another bar.

I feel like you can also get an follow up in midscreen. but I went to sleep.

On some other notes: Dark priest buffs his hammer attacks, every attack with the hammer does 10% more damage and enables db3 to KB.
His taunts in the other variation are 25% more damage and 50% less damage taken. 110 and 130 recovery.
Awesome! Didnt occur to me I could keep going after that. That's a great find. Can you PM a link to the discord?