What's new

Shang's Ground Eruption Follow Up?

XL

Noob
I was wondering what the best follow up to a ground eruption is. This question is taking into account any morph Shang can do.

I can do a link with Sonya's bike kick and Nightwolf's flaming axes. Neither of which do that much damage.

Is there any good, reliable combo to follow up the GE with? It'd be really helpful to my Shang games, because I'm horrible with him. And believe me, I've read the character guide like a hundred times. I seen the combos at the bottom, but which of them would you say is the most effective in terms of damage and how easy it is to pull off?

Follow it with another ground eruption!

Check the Guide again. The combos at the bottom tell many possibilities of morph combos after ground erutpion:

3. GE, [Kabal] aaHPHP, JK, air fireball 7 hits 57%
4. GE, [Jax] aaHPHP, JK, air throw, 7 hits 59%
5. GE, [Nightwolf] Axe X4, aaHP, Axe, aaHP, Shoulder Tackle 11 hits 60%(varies on the characters, for example against Kabal, Sub Stryker or Jax, the full combo isn't that difficult, but against Shang it would be impossible)
6. GE(2 hit), [Sindel] scream, aaHP, scream, aaHP, scream, HK, HP, HP, D+HP, aaHPHP, JK, air fireball 12 hits 69%
7. GE, [Ermac] JK, Lift, aaHPHP, aaHP, fireball (JK on some) 8 hits 67-71%
8. GE, [Liu Kang] aaHPHP, JK, Air Fireball, Dragon Kick 8 hits 70%
9. GE, [Reptile] - as many aaHPHP whiff elbow dashes, as possible on whatever character you're against, for example, GE, [Reptile] aaHPHP, whiff dash X3, uppercut, 10 hits 75%
10. GE(2 hit), [Ermac] aaHP, JK, lift, aaHPHP, aaHP fireball or JK 8 hits 68-73%
11. GE, [Kung Lao] into various spin, or aaHP, JK, whiff dive kick infinite combos

XL

Noob
I know, but it also says they vary in degrees of difficulty. I'm not a master of timing in the game like many others seem to be, so I was wondering what would be the easiest effective follow up combos.

The only one I see out of those that I could pull off easily is Sindel's. The rest, besides the first few, seem like they require good timing.

The nightwolf and reptile variations are the most difficult but you can still water down the nightwolf combo and you said you can already get a few hatchet lifts in. Maybe do 2 hatchets, aaHP, hatchet, aaHP, shadow ram. The rest are pretty easy. aaHPHP, JK to fireball/airthrow is very easy. Hope that helps.

XL

Noob
Yeah. That helps. I can pull off the Jax combo.

Other than those listed, are there any other good ones? Like, ones for morphing into some lower tier characters? I've always tried to get a Cyrax combo out, but the net doesn't connect that often for me... like I said, horrible timing. Maybe I stall too longer before releasing it.

Oh, and the double ground eruption does work alot better than a single one. I have no clue why I used to do just one.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I got a 5 axe combo after ground eruption on the 360 pad in a 4 player game the other night, everyone was like "WTF 5 axes?!" and I said "I usually get 7"

Shock said:
I got a 5 axe combo after ground eruption on the 360 pad in a 4 player game the other night, everyone was like "WTF 5 axes?!" and I said "I usually get 7"
LOL UMK3 quote of 2007?

:lol:

Houzi

Noob
Sheisse did about 6 or 7 hatchets to me. I think, I don't even know. He did a lot of them. He might remember.