What's new

Shang Tsung Wishlist

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Let me start by saying that I'm not making this post because I think Shang needs buffs, or nerfs for that matters. These are mostly things that would make the character more fun to play for me personally, and I play mostly custom variations.

- Added gear move: Up Skull. Replaces Corpse Drop and costs 1 (maybe 2?) slots. They hit mid, can be directioned forward and backwards and work like they always worked.

- Added gear move: Fire Ring. Costs 1 slot. Throws out a slower projectile (similar to Scarlet's db2).

- Added gear move: Hot Escape. Costs 2 slots. Teleport back and forward Smoke style at the cost of 1 defensive bar. I know, I know, this is a bad idea, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Also Freddy stole this move from him, so he deserves to have it back!

- Added gear move: Morph Back. Costs 1 slot. Allows Shang to morph back into himself at anytime, can amplify it at the price of 1 defensive bar for less recovery.

- Added gear move: Enhanced Soul Steal. Costs 2 slots. Soul Steal's morph now always lasts as much as it would when amplified and restands the opponent (-2 on hit). Amplifying Soul Steal with this move equipped will leave the opponent stunned for a combo.

- Added Inferno Skulls gear move in his standard kit. Like come on, it's 2 bars of meter and a slot. Who in the right mind would ever put this in a variation?

- Removed mid crushing properties from d4, as it should be with every other dumb poke.

- d3 is now -4 on block. More if they decide to nerf every other poke as well, which I wouldn't mind at all.

- Removed mid crushing properties from b3.

- b1d2's KB now triggers on counter hit or punish. I like the overhead check but getting a full combo off of it is too much, and this would also help variations without gear launcher like Spellmaster to get some needed damage in.

- Added f21, a new special cancellable -7 on block way to finish the f2 string. Mostly for juggles, but also to stop jumpers.

- Corpse Drop Amplify now hits mid. It doesn't really need to hit low since the range is so good now, does it?

- 21u2d2 is now easier to execute.

- b211 now hits mid. This one too doesn't really need to hit overhead.

- f3 now hits mid. If someone tries to low profile and punish f4 it will still hit them, so this one doesn't need to hit overhead either.

- Fixed d2 so it's more reliable as anti air.

- Slight hitbox buffs to 11, 112 and 114.

- Soul Swap now does 3% damage instead of 5%. I mean the move is atrocious frames wise, and Liu Kang can even punish it on hit at 3/4 screen, but come on. It an unavoidable unblockable.

- Greatly reduced the recovery of Inferno Barrier. It's my favorite and it sucks because of the 2 seconds of recovery. Make it viable NRS, please!

- Fixed whiffing issues of (Reptile's) Slide AMP at max range, which is when he gets the KB. Just putting it out there.

- Slightly slower recovery on Vile Sourcery. It seems a little strong to me now.

- Changed something about Spellcaster's moves? I wouldn't know what to do, but they literally gave all the most useless moves to that variation, poor thing. The cancels are dope though.

- Finally, while it is probably too strong, I'd like s3 to hit mid as well. I mean, look at it. It's clearly a mid.

Most of these are unnecessary lol. Agree with slide amp whiffing, and him needing some way to safely morph back. Also Inferno skulls costing 2 bars and a slot ( I would keep it as a variation move, but make it cost 1 bar, and make it work like it did in 2d games: bf1 - 1 skull, bbf1 - 2 high skulls still meterlessly, and for a bar of meter shoot just 1 additional mid skull which has a KB)
Most of all, for the love of God....I need a tournament variation with Ninjas!!!

By the way @SaSSolino if you are playing kustom variations, do you agree that Rain’s kick is garbage?! I mean it is ok as a launcher, but the cancel costing a defensive bar and leaving you at -12 at best!!? I tested it a bit and the best I could get is -12 off f24xxRain’s Kick cancel. You can interrupt him for a full combo regardless of whether he cancels or not. The KB is even more useless!!!

The KB is even more useless!!!
Yeah I honestly don't understand what happened with this move. A KB that requires me to spend 1 def bar to even attempt to trigger, gives me maybe 10% damage tops, and I still have to spend 1 atk bar to combo afterwards?
All for a cancel that's still unsafe.

The fuck is this move?

- Fixed whiffing issues of (Reptile's) Slide AMP at max range, which is when he gets the KB. Just putting it out there.
I think it only happens if you amp too early on hit, which is still completely ridiculous in itself that its even possible.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
By the way @SaSSolino if you are playing kustom variations, do you agree that Rain’s kick is garbage?! I mean it is ok as a launcher, but the cancel costing a defensive bar and leaving you at -12 at best!!? I tested it a bit and the best I could get is -12 off f24xxRain’s Kick cancel. You can interrupt him for a full combo regardless of whether he cancels or not. The KB is even more useless!!!
Actually I think Rain's kick is pretty good. It's 1 slot launcher that lets you keep db1 and works in the corner. The cancel might not be fast, but it doesn't need to be, just throw it out once in a while.

Actually I think Rain's kick is pretty good. It's 1 slot launcher that lets you keep db1 and works in the corner. The cancel might not be fast, but it doesn't need to be, just throw it out once in a while.
I labbed it hard today, the best thing is b1xxSuperKick cancel is -7. Having Reptile’s slide on also makes b1 string a huge mindgame. B1xxSuperKick is basically safe (-9 with good pushback) launcher which with the cancel can be hit confirmed, but that isn’t necessary unless the other kharacter can punish that -9 with pushback. The opponent can FB the Super Kick to make it punishable, but if you cancel it when the opponent is trying to FB at -7 it becomes a great stagger. On top of that you can still do b1d2 to blow up the FB attempt. And b1xxReptile’s Slide makes also makes it a mix up.