What's new

Shang Tsung Request

So there's this character named Captain Ginyu in the upcoming Dragonball fighting game who's super switches bodies and life bars with the opponent via soul transfer. This is pretty epic and I think Shang should get this for the next MK

YOUR SHALL IS MINE

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
If Shang Tsung comes back in MK11 they will most likely make more like classic Shang Tsung who can pose as his opponent with the Soul Steal special, not switch bodies with the opponent. Captain Ginyu gets his body swap in DBFZ because it is a reference to the DBZ lore, so from that aspect, it will make sense for Shang Tsung to get something related to MK lore. Regardless, it will be really nice to see Shang coming back in MK11.

Last edited:
Shang Tsung was the only non braindead pure zoner character from NRS since mk9 until this day, In my opinion. I would be delighted to see Shang Tsung in the next mortal kombat game; with a similar gameplay like He did in MK9 of course.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
If Shang Tsung comes back in MK11 they will most likely make more like classic Shang Tsung who can pose as his opponent with the Soul Steal special, not switch bodies with the opponent. Captain Ginyu gets his body swap in DBFZ because it is a reference to the DBZ lore, so from that aspect, it will make sense for Shang Tsung to get something related to MK lore. Regardless, it will be really nice to see Shang coming back in MK11.
Shang could have a lifebar switch in the next game though I think, at least. I don't think it'd be too far off for his powers to be able to change his life force with someone else's (rather than swapping bodies with them)

Roy Arkon

Shang could have a lifebar switch in the next game though I think, at least. I don't think it'd be too far off for his powers to be able to change his life force with someone else's (rather than swapping bodies with them)
I just thought of an idea. Since he does make the match into a mirror match, maybe he will copy the life bar and maybe even the meter bar of the opponent, rather then switch between them, and then it will be a full mirror match.

I just thought of an idea. Since he does make the match into a mirror match, maybe he will copy the life bar and maybe even the meter bar of the opponent, rather then switch between them, and then it will be a full mirror match.
If that's the case this would happen:
Enemy has 90% health and more meter than Shang Tsung. Shang Tsung does soul steal and denies His victory. LMAO:rolleyes:.

Israel

Noob
Yea Shang def needs to come back. His design was way more interesting than Shinnok. The way he fought in mk9 showed he had swag. Just no damage boost glitches and id say he'd be a great boss.
What exactly happened him in the story?

Roy Arkon

If that's the case this would happen:
Enemy has 90% health and more meter than Shang Tsung. Shang Tsung does soul steal and denies His victory. LMAO:rolleyes:.
Yes but Shang would not switch the bars, he will only copy them to match the opponent's bars, and he will copy the opponent's form which means the opponent will still have access to all of his tools, unlike with Cap Ginyu who will switch the life bar along with the opponent's body, which means the opponent ends up not just with a much lower life bar but also with a super limited character as Ginyu has very few specials moves, and after the swap the opponent's version of Ginyu ends up even more limited then the real version as he doesn't have access to the Ginyu squad assists. With Shang Tsung, the Shang player will not be in such a huge advantage over the opponent but he will indeed deny the opponent's victory for the time being.

Forget just turning into the opponent, we need like at least 3 forms which he can take during the match, maybe you pick the characters to turn into while picking him on the select screen )

Parasurama

Dragon
No bad match ups lol

i want umk3 style back, if you can remember the spells you deserve em. the soul capture only style problem is its only mirror match-just make it so the spell goes away as soon as he blocks or is hit by something so its not overused

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I want a new soul steal entirely where it just takes a single move from each opponent Shinnok-style, and preferably a launcher, but that moves also gains armor. And that should be his only armored reversal and/or wake-up option, but he should have it because he had to earn it in the first place by landing a soul steal. That would make sure the move is something to be feared and a total game changer.

Parasurama

Dragon
I like the idea of soul stealing to get life/health and meter (different steal inputs) with brutality at the end of life bar.

Last edited:

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Forget just turning into the opponent, we need like at least 3 forms which he can take during the match, maybe you pick the characters to turn into while picking him on the select screen )
With ST it’s important to make his shape shifting come with a cost of some sort, because otherwise what’s the incentive to pick any other character when he covers them all?

I think every shift should at least cost a bar, or revert to his original form whenever he takes damage.

Really hoping he’s in the next game regardless though, and that they do something really innovative with his styles. I haven’t really played as him since MK2/3 and don’t remember much of how they did his shifting.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Idk I thought nothing was more hype than the "watch this I'm better at your character than you are" soul steal in mk9. The Detroitballin vs. CD Jr. evo grandfinals is still one of my favorites.